Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

What was the point in Bran wanting to tell Jon of his parentage? If he hadn't known, nothing would have changed against the WWs and maybe Daenerys wouldn't have gone crazy. Can someone explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xemi said:

What was the point in Bran wanting to tell Jon of his parentage? If he hadn't known, nothing would have changed against the WWs and maybe Daenerys wouldn't have gone crazy. Can someone explain?

Can only see two options:

Either @Black Crow is right that Jon's parentage is really not a factor--all that matters is his Stark-ness. Thus, he rejects his Targ side and embraces "duty"--again.

Or: they are going to pull a cheap switch with the parentage in the last episode: the NK "fooled" Bran (via that mark or something), set Bran up with a "false" memory, and Jon's not Rhaegar's at all.

Either one would be really odd. But not at all beyond D&D's playbook.

I'm still trying to figure out why they bothered resurrecting Jon-Boy. Seems like he's really not that helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xemi said:

What was the point in Bran wanting to tell Jon of his parentage? If he hadn't known, nothing would have changed against the WWs and maybe Daenerys wouldn't have gone crazy. Can someone explain?

In D&D's story it was completly useless.

And if the leaks come true, next week is jon's turn to have his character assassination and his story arc about the r+l=j completly useless.

I mean, he ends the story where he fucking started but completly broken and alone? His parentage had zero use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MissBoss said:

TBH I m feeling so sad,deeply Heart.I know I know its just a show and I shouldnt be surprised but seeing all these horrible things,watch Dany turned evil feeling rejected by Jon...Jon my favorite of all times mostly hated by everyone but truly loved by me and others see his sorrow his lost:mellow:was heartbreaking.I feel robbed even Cersei thé real evil queen got to die with her soulmate:ack: and feeling loved one thing Dany won’t Have when she will Stab in the heart by Jon...I know it’s Got but there were no love no justice no sweet just fire Blois and sadness.Oh my god why have I started this show?I m Quiting thé books this is just the apocalypse for me:(

I feel your pain...they have turned 2 adored characters into being hated...

But 

Dany vision in halls of undying has not been totally completed yet. There maybe some hope for them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, divica said:

In D&D's story it was completly useless.

And if the leaks come true, next week is jon's turn to have his character assassination and his story arc about the r+l=j completly useless.

I mean, he ends the story where he fucking started but completly broken and alone? His parentage had zero use?

I think it will be arya wearing jons face who kills dany...Remember the green eyes prophecy crap 

Bummer for jon ...He has been completely lost this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

No fucking way this is Martin's ending!

1. Bran is still in a cave hundreds of miles north of the wall, in the reality of the story a crippled boy would never make it south with the Others walking around everywhere north of the wall. Bran aint leaving that cave.

2. Martin does not hate Daenerys, he uses Dany to kill the people he really hates--Slavers. this will not be her ending. If the whole point was to have a Mad-Targaryen on the throne at the end he would have just left Viserys alive.

3. none of the prophecies from the books made it into the show, nothing from Dany's HotU prophecies were int he show, her 'mount to love' is Jon. Their relationship in the book will be real, not forced like Kit and Emilia who were NEVER convincing as a couple at all. the AA prophecy was left out, as was TPtwP. The Volanqar prophecy was left out. All of dorne, all of the blackfyre's, all of illyrio, basically all of Essos was all LEFT OUT. All Magic was left out.

 

The only thing similar about the end of the stories is that the WW's will be defeated, they will not take over the earth. other than that there'll be nothing the same.

Emotionally I agree with you. But logicaly I don t think the showrunners would do this travesty without it being related to grrm's ending.

And I think anybody that reads the books feels that grrm likes his targs too much to let them end like this. In complete tragedy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I refuse to believe the Jon spoilers as they are now, because they make no sense.  Bran cannot end up as King, and I will never believe that that is what Martin has in mind.   Martin has provided surprises and twists to the story, but he has always been fair and logical with the reader.  Bran is emotionally stunted, zones in and out, and appears to be unsure which world he inhabits. He cannot be the best choice to lead a terrorized city.  It makes much better sense to have Arya, who sees what is going on and what will happen to Jon, kills Dany.  Jon is then prevailed upon to take the throne as there is nobody else available and Jon has the best claim.  Someone who never wanted it, gets it but will always know the cost in terms of lives.   That would be a bittersweet moment.

In the event of danny's death I always thought that jon would end up as king… 

Someone thinking that a criple that might not be able to procriate, emotionally stunned and disconeted from reality with creepy powers the people in the show don t understand would be a viable option to be king completly surpasses my common sense...

I am amazed nobody recomended hot pie. At least he know how to make pies to feed the people during the pseudo winter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I think it will be arya wearing jons face who kills dany...Remember the green eyes prophecy crap 

Bummer for jon ...He has been completely lost this season 

arya won t kill jon to steal his face… I think I would break my tv if that happened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alienarea said:

The show gets a lot of hate right now, and it is often justified.

But let's not forget that GRRMs last two books were a good read for some but would have bored as a show. And he hasn't delivered since.

And the crap ending Daenerys is getting must be his idea.

I disagree. I think what GRRM wants to show with Daenerys is how she slowly turns into a villain for the Westeros people while she still believes she does what´s right. We will see her inner monologues, we will see how much she struggles with her decisions and how much it pains her, but ultimately "if she looks back, she is lost." She is the conqueror and I have no doubt her attack on the KL will be bloody in the books as well. But she will not burn people alive zigzagging around the streets for an hour for no reason. That´s D&D invention. They had to be afraid some people will still root for Dany if she just attacks the city or focuses only on the Red Kepp or Cersei even after the city surrender. So they went completely overtop and turned her into a worse villain than NK in 20 minutes, all so Jon is still seen as a hero when he kills her next episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tws1978 said:

I disagree. I think what GRRM wants to show with Daenerys is how she slowly turns into a villain for the Westeros people while she still believes she does what´s right. We will see her inner monologues, we will see how much she struggles with her decisions and how much it pains her, but ultimately "if she looks back, she is lost." She is the conqueror and I have no doubt her attack on the KL will be bloody in the books as well. But she will not burn people alive zigzagging around the streets for an hour for no reason. That´s D&D invention. They had to be afraid some people will still root for Dany if she just attacks the city or focuses only on the Red Kepp or Cersei even after the city surrender. So they went completely overtop and turned her into a worse villain than NK in 20 minutes, all so Jon is still seen as a hero when he kills her next episode.

We have not seen anything written about Daenerys by GRRM for some years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, divica said:

arya won t kill jon to steal his face… I think I would break my tv if that happened...

Arya has got to get her green eyes kill. I know it's shit ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tws1978 said:

I disagree. I think what GRRM wants to show with Daenerys is how she slowly turns into a villain for the Westeros people while she still believes she does what´s right. We will see her inner monologues, we will see how much she struggles with her decisions and how much it pains her, but ultimately "if she looks back, she is lost." She is the conqueror and I have no doubt her attack on the KL will be bloody in the books as well. But she will not burn people alive zigzagging around the streets for an hour for no reason. That´s D&D invention. They had to be afraid some people will still root for Dany if she just attacks the city or focuses only on the Red Kepp or Cersei even after the city surrender. So they went completely overtop and turned her into a worse villain than NK in 20 minutes, all so Jon is still seen as a hero when he kills her next episode.

The problem is that if danny is suposed to be a villain then there shouldn t be a season 7 where some Southern house accept her as queen, she is shown as good because she doesn t want to burn inocents to defeat cersei, she becomes the love interest of jon, she becomes even more heroic because she went north of the Wall and to defend the north out of the goodness of her heart...

You can t make her a loved hero and in a few seconds transform her into a moonster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sly Wren said:

And am starting to think that the leaks about Jon's  going North to the Wall will hold--

With Sansa as the Madame of Mole's Town brothel hopefully…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

[Intro: Carice van Houten]
Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi

[Verse 1: Matt Bellamy]
We will pray
Pray with me
We can bring her back
Pray, remember me, oh, ooh

[Interlude: Carice van Houten]
Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi
Se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen perzys, hen ñuqīr, perzys
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen ñuqīr, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson


[Verse 2: Matt Bellamy]
We will pray
Pray with, with me
We can bring her back
Pray, pray, pray with me, oh, ooh

[Outro: Carice van Houten]
Hen ñuqīr perzys. Hen sȳndrorro, ōños
Morghot, glaeson, morghost glaeson, 'ost glaeson
Please, please

I just wanna know what use this song will have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They better not try to resurrect Daenerys after the last episode, that would be a even bigger disrespect to the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Danerys becoming the villain at the end, is straight from GRRM. How she gets there in the books exactly we can't possibly know. Just guess. Everything else is denial. Only a fool would think this is show only.

Edited by T and A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

With Sansa as the Madame of Mole's Town brothel hopefully…

LOOOOOOL that would be cool. Sansa relaunching LF business in the north!

1 minute ago, Leticia Stark said:

They better not try to resurrect Daenerys after the last episode, that would be a even bigger disrespect to the character.

who would want to ressurect her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T and A said:

Danerys becoming the villain at the end, is straight from GRRM. How she gets there in the books exactly we can't possibly know. Just guess. Everything else is denial. Only a fool would think this is show only.

I don't think she will go nuts. I believe she is Nissa Nissa and Jon will kill her to forge the Lightbringer.

But even if she goes insane, I'm pretty sure it won't be in the last chapter of the last book and switched on because she hears bells and because "boohoo the North doesn't lovemeee they loveyouuu"

 

lol what a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T and A said:

Danerys becoming the villain at the end, is straight from GRRM. How she gets there in the books exactly we can't possibly know. Just guess. Everything else is denial. Only a fool would think this is show only.

I think there are doubts.

Do you think so many things will happen after they defeat the others? Don t Forget that nothing in this situation explains the policies of whoever will become king...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, divica said:

The problem is that if danny is suposed to be a villain then there shouldn t be a season 7 where some Southern house accept her as queen, she is shown as good because she doesn t want to burn inocents to defeat cersei, she becomes the love interest of jon, she becomes even more heroic because she went north of the Wall and to defend the north out of the goodness of her heart...

You can t make her a loved hero and in a few seconds transform her into a moonster.

You can. But you need at least 15 episodes for that. Not one and a half. The problem in her story in season 8 is the amount of episodes to trully show her character developement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×