Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NonoNono said:

The Last Hero became the Night's King. But that's book stuff.

Nah. It's really obvious that the Last Hero is Brandon the Builder. 

Brandon pre-dates the Long Night while the Night's King comes into the story after the Wall goes up.

He is at most a descendant of Brandon the Builder (potentially even his grandson). That's if the Night's King even existed at all. The one from the books.

 

We're even getting a prequel Spinoff with Brandon the Builder as the protagonist.

Edited by Lord_Ravenstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, divica said:

Last season ended with snow in KL. This season winter never happened there.

...

And a lot of other situations... 

It's a long time the telling sucks. Not just this season and the last. Dorne for a start, even Talisa and the House of Undying in S02. The petition should ask for the reshoot of the whole series. Preferably after GRRM finished the fucking books. I hope the whole affair will have him double time finishing ASoIaF. Like Cervantes after someone wrote a fake Don Quixote second book. Yeah I know, the ending is the same. But the telling is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Who are these idiots who thought “this was the greatest Show in the world” in the first place? It never was. 

The same people who conflate popularity with quality. Critics have been guilty of doing the same.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, teej6 said:

In my opinion, the show has been really bad for a while. The last watchable season was S4. After that it became D&D’s fanfic and all about spectacle and ridiculous plots. Several of the characters I liked in the books were completely ruined. Stannis’ storyline was completely butchered by these two hacks (remember Ramsay’s 20 good men against a seasoned battle commander). It was obvious from the beginning they didn’t like Stannis but when they were following his book storyline, there was only so much they could ruin about the character and Dillane was really good despite not knowing what Stannis character/story was all about.

What they did with Ellaria Sand was criminal. She has a small supporting role in the books but her character in the books spells out everything that is wrong about war, bloodshed, and revenge. They take one of the few people who advocate against war and revenge in the books and turn her into a vengeful child murderer. 

The audience and the critics, (many of whom disliked the first couple of seasons when the show was actually good and only started liking the show when it became popular and a cultural phenomena) who praised the show even after it had plot holes the size of Australia, and when logical character progression and storylines ceased to matter, are equally responsible for this travesty. They are responsible for boosting the egos of two incompetent writers and letting them believe that any crap they tell will always be gold, logic, character arcs and good storytelling be damned. 

Lets be real. Most of the anger from show fans/critics is because, their character (Dany) is finally going to get fucked over the way everyone else was by d&d and now they know how we feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually ok with the main character ends. Jon, Sansa, Arya, Dany. Their ending make sense to me. Bran as King is out there, but I'm sure GRRM will make it believable.

My problem, and I know it's been beat to death, is pacing, unfinished story lines, and too many unanswered questions. If they had done full seasons for 7 and 8, this could have been avoided, imo. Never going to make everyone happy, but it would have been better I think.

That would have been 7 more episodes. They could have pulled this off beautifully with 7 more episodes to do justice to character arcs, tie up loose ends, and give us the dialogue and character interaction that made this show great.

It just makes me sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have accepted the ending and the characters’ fates as I can’t change them. I just wish there had been more time for character interaction and narrative.  I would have liked more conversation between Jon and the Starks as to why they didn’t trust Dany considering she had lost a dragon and many of her forces fighting against the Night King.  Maybe a word or two from Bran?  I would have liked more conversation between Dany and Jon and how he felt it was incestuous to be with your aunt.  Jon kissing her and then pushing her away wasn’t enough for me.   There just wasn’t enough concern given to Dany after all her losses (Viserion, Rhaegon, Missandei, Jorah, and her forces).   It is almost like they pushed her over the edge into a psychotic break with their spreading of secrets and betrayals.   I actually felt empathy for her and understood her descent into anger and rage.  Can’t help but feel things might have turned out differently if she had gotten a warmer welcome from the Starks and her closest support system hadn’t been eliminated.  It is a terrible thing for a Targaryen to be alone in the world.   This is a tragedy for sure.

Edited by TheFirstofHerName

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't plan to watch the series finale. I'm excited for the shitstorm incoming, and the memes ofc.

Edited by Nami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Let's be real. Most of the anger from show fans/critics is because, their character (Dany) is finally going to get fucked over the way everyone else was by d&d and now they know how we feel.

You're of course completely on the money here.

Martin no more set out to create anger than he set out to create happily ever after.

He instead and very explicitly set out to create a tremendous sadness in the ending all because he believes that this is how you create a powerful tale that will be long remembered.

Sure seems like he's accomplished his stated artistic mission here, doesn't it? Tremendous sadness it is then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TNTW said:

That would have been 7 more episodes. They could have pulled this off beautifully with 7 more episodes to do justice to character arcs, tie up loose ends, and give us the dialogue and character interaction that made this show great.

It would need Meereen, as it is in ADwD, and what will likely follow to explain Daenerys.

4 hours ago, TNTW said:

I am actually ok with the main character ends. Jon, Sansa, Arya, Dany. Their ending make sense to me. Bran as King is out there, but I'm sure GRRM will make it believable.

Bran as told by the leaks make no sense. So far I believe it's one of the false leaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You're of course completely on the money here.

Martin no more set out to create anger than he set out to create happily ever after.

He instead and very explicitly set out to create a tremendous sadness in the ending all because he believes that this is how you create a powerful tale that will be long remembered.

Sure seems like he's accomplished his stated artistic mission here, doesn't it? Tremendous sadness it is then.

Lol. This tale won't be remembered even half the time LoTR will. GRRM isn't even capable of finishing his own books lmao.

And he's also a liar since he said ASOIAF would have a bittersweet ending.

Edited by Xemi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Preferably after GRRM finished the fucking books. I hope the whole affair will have him double time finishing ASoIaF. Like Cervantes after someone wrote a fake Don Quixote second book. Yeah I know, the ending is the same. But the telling is not.

I sure hope he's going to get busy finishing them. If possible with Winds being finished and released in the next 12 months. And that he definitely makes sure that the basic plotlines of the last book is released, one way or another, whatever happens to him. Otherwise, he runs the risk that people will have to assume that most of what happened in the last seasons was actually what he intended, and happened in a manner close to what he had in mind.

 

9 hours ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Lets be real. Most of the anger from show fans/critics is because, their character (Dany) is finally going to get fucked over the way everyone else was by d&d and now they know how we feel.

Obviously. Still, we shouldn't mock them, but actually seize this golden opportunity to unite the bulk of the fandom (books+show) against these hacks and the travesty they did with ASOIAF, story, themes and characters, and make sure everyone in TV and Hollywood is aware they're mediocre writers and story-tellers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You're of course completely on the money here.

Martin no more set out to create anger than he set out to create happily ever after.

He instead and very explicitly set out to create a tremendous sadness in the ending all because he believes that this is how you create a powerful tale that will be long remembered.

Sure seems like he's accomplished his stated artistic mission here, doesn't it? Tremendous sadness it is then.

Why are you so hellbent on twisting everything? Martin NEVER said anything about “tremendous sadness”. Yes, I read the post you linked, but that’s just more of the same, you twisting things so they fit... whatever? 

Martin has said many times the end will be bittersweet. Maybe you don’t believe him, but I do. Bittersweet is NOT a fairy tale where everyone lives happily ever after. It means it will be overall uplifting, but it will come at a cost. 

Martin has also said he is NOT a nihilist. And really, all one has to do is read his [other] online stuff to know he’s 100% honest when he says that. 

So just stop putting words in Martin’s mouth, please. You love the show? Good for you. You think David and Dan are awesome? More power to you. 

But stop trying to force your views (the show is good, Martin is a nihilist who only wants to portray deep unending sadness) on everyone else as if these are hard facts. They’re  not, they’re just your opinion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Why are you so hellbent on twisting everything? Martin NEVER said anything about “tremendous sadness”. Yes, I read the post you linked, but that’s just more of the same, you twisting things so they fit... whatever? 

Then you didn't read the same article I did. It's Martin himself who uses the phrase "tremendous sadness".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But stop trying to force your views (the show is good, Martin is a nihilist who only wants to portray deep unending sadness) on everyone else as if these are hard facts. They’re  not, they’re just your opinion. 

Again you didn't read the article, for if you did, you would know better than to call Martin a nihilist for he address that very point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Again you didn't read the article, for if you did, you would know better than to call Martin a nihilist for he address that very point!

Really? Where did I call Martin a nihilist? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm really glad that FINALLY they've managed to keep an episode secret without any stills or video or subtitles leaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except for all the leaks about it that we’ve been seeing for weeks now. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

 I'm really glad that FINALLY they've managed to keep an episode secret without any stills or video or subtitles leaking out.

Leaks have been out on this episode for a while now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nami said:

I'm excited for the shitstorm incoming, and the memes ofc.

There already are, especially for the future King aka Bran. The names I have heard assigned to him in podcasts (that talked about that spoiler) were hilarious. Just for this ending alone there will be never ending memes. Never mind what other nonsense happens in the episode.

Speaking of Bran.

'I mostly live in the past.'

Doesn't that sound like a perfect candidate for Kingship? Westeros lives in the present, needs someone for the present and to prepare for the future. So of course the perfect King is one who doesn't even live in the here and now. And his council is perfect. All MEN of course, no women allowed. And not just men but completely useless and ineffectual men. Tyrion who drank his brain away a long time ago, Bronn who is only out for himself, Davos who has been useless since he asked Melisandre to be executed and didn't achieve that and Sam whose only aquired knowledge after months of reading books in the Citadel was to find out something he already knew. And he's also a multiple oath breaker (as Maester and NW Brother). Perfect council. I really hope this is a foiler but I doubt it.

Either way I can't wait for the shitstorm. Got my drinks and popcorn ready...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mystical said:

There already are, especially for the future King aka Bran. The names I have heard assigned to him in podcasts (that talked about that spoiler) were hilarious. Just for this ending alone there will be never ending memes. Never mind what other nonsense happens in the episode.

Speaking of Bran.

'I mostly live in the past.'

Doesn't that sound like a perfect candidate for Kingship? Westeros lives in the present, needs someone for the present and to prepare for the future. So of course the perfect King is one who doesn't even live in the here and now. And his council is perfect. All MEN of course, no women allowed. And not just men but completely useless and ineffectual men. Tyrion who drank his brain away a long time ago, Bronn who is only out for himself, Davos who has been useless since he asked Melisandre to be executed and didn't achieve that and Sam whose only aquired knowledge after months of reading books in the Citadel was to find out something he already knew. And he's also a multiple oath breaker (as Maester and NW Brother). Perfect council. I really hope this is a foiler but I doubt it.

Either way I can't wait for the shitstorm. Got my drinks and popcorn ready...

Me too...

I am ready for the fans to make this supposed to be drama the parody it deserves to be and laugh my heart out with posts and reactions :lmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×