Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Kit's in Seville! (As is Jacob Anderson, who plays Grey Worm.)

Lena arrived on Friday in Seville but is back in Belfast. It seems unlikely that she filmed anything.

Los Siete Reinos said that local businesses were notified in Belfast by the production of explosions occurring on Friday (11th). Judging from the way the set is rigged (cable for aerial shots), they think that a dragon destroyed the towers which are now wrecked.

Los Siete Reinos is also hearing that multiple actors (including Peter Dinklage and Liam Cunningham) were involved in a night shoot. It's just a rumour at this point, though.

If there was a night shoot, it was probably on Thursday night. (Wednesday night the cast went to a soccer match, they don't usually film on Friday nights or weekends, so that leaves Thursday night.)

It seems that something was filmed during the day on Thursday involving Peter and Sophie's stand-ins/doubles (and, one assumes, Peter and Sophie). I read something about a fog machine being used for the scene shot. (Smoke would make more sense than fog, but that's what I read.)

There's a big debate on /Freefolk about who's actually filming in Seville and what is being filmed. There is speculation that what's being filmed is a behind the scenes documentary and very little for the actual show, although that seems to be contradicted by the night shoot information. (And why would HBO fly multiple cast members to Seville just for a documentary?)

NCW showed up on Wednesday and left on Friday. However, if there was a night shoot, NCW may have filmed something after all on Thursday night.

Sapochnik wasn't filming last week, so if anything was filmed last week in Seville for the show, it must have been for the finale. If Peter and Liam did do a night shoot last week, then we will know that Tyrion and Davos survive to 8x06 (if not necessarily the end of the show).

With Kit in Seville and no Sapochnik, it's probably also safe to say that Jon survives to 8x06.

Big news: it seems that Kit didn't film anything in Seville.

Seville filming has already wrapped. The cast left Seville today.

Sophie posted an emotional tweet last night about how her heart was broken, and it was a beautiful, sad, bittersweet day. The rest of the cast was pretty emotional at dinner as well, according to reports.

41 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Big news: it seems that Kit didn't film anything in Seville.

Seville filming has already wrapped. The cast left Seville today.

Sophie posted an emotional tweet last night about how her heart was broken, and it was a beautiful, sad, bittersweet day. The rest of the cast was pretty emotional at dinner as well, according to reports.

So maybe kit, Lena and Nikolaj were there to just hang out with the cast. Funny how three of the biggest names there didn’t film anything but the actor who plays sweetrobin did.

His name was Jon it rhymes with gone.

More seriously, it looks like the famous fighters go out fighting except for Brienne. And Arya, but she's more of an assassin than a fighter.

The age of heroes II ends.

Brienne might cue Ulysses from the Troy movie: I walked among giants ...

BoatsexBaby over at /Freefolk has a connection with the production and posted a megapost with all the Seville filming information and her inside information. Key takeaways:

1. Italica scenes were a continuation of scenes shot in Northern Ireland (in the Magheramorne Quarry, I guess) of a big KL battle near the end of the season. 

2. Jon, Dany, Arya, Melisandre, Bran, the NK, Jaime, and Brienne are involved in this battle, and they shot scenes for it in Northern Ireland. Just because actors were absent from Seville does not mean that they're not involved in the battle, since they may have filmed scenes in Northern Ireland.

3. Jaime and Brienne have a scene in KL where they're fighting together, filmed in Northern Ireland. (Remember that WatchersOnMyBalls claimed that Jaime dies in Brienne's arms, thanks to seeing it filmed against a green screen background in Northern Ireland? Fans assumed that it meant that Jaime would die in the North fighting the AOTD, but it now seems as if Jaime will die in Brienne's arms in KL.)

4. There were stand-ins in Seville for the following characters: Brienne, Sansa, Tyrion, Robin, Grey Worm, and Jon. Brienne, Sansa, Tyrion and Robin's actors seem to have filmed for multiple days. There were no stand-ins for Arya, Bran, Sam, Davos, or Gendry, even though their actors seem to have filmed for multiple days. Brienne, Sansa, Tyrion and Robin were possibly involved in a dangerous scene requiring stand-ins or doubles (like Daznak Pit, which used stand-ins for Tyrion, Dany, Missandei and Hizdahr).

5. Kit and NCW didn't film anything during the day. NCW may have filmed something at night before leaving Friday morning.

6. Some actors who were in Seville didn't film any Season 8 scenes. There's no confirmation on who, but it's probably Lena and Conleth, among others.

7. It seems likely that there were multiple scenes filmed in different locations around Italica, since the whole site was shut down. It seems that there was at least one scene involving Brienne/Sansa/Tyrion/Robin, and another scene or scenes involving Arya, Sam, Gendry and Davos. Bran may be present in astral form.

8. Night shoots were intended to continue the battle scenes shot in the Magheramorne Quarry in Northern Ireland. Kit may have participated in a night shoot, since he was rehearsing a stunt with Jacob (Grey Worm) on Tuesday afternoon.

ETA: I forgot to mention that Tobias Menzies (Edmure) was spotted among the cast returning to Stansted from Seville. Yay Edmure! 

On 5/26/2018 at 1:46 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@Newstar thanks for all of your frequent posts and updates here so us lazy folks don't have to compile research ourselves.  Much appreciated.

Thanks! Here's some more scoop, and I'm just going to refer to the actors by their character names to make it easier:

Over the past little while--before and now after Seville--Jon, Davos and Arya have been filming KL scenes. Tyrion also appears to be filming with them, and Jaime's likely in the mix, too: Jaime finishes filming June 8th.

Sam was seen this weekend with Arya in Liverpool, so Sam may be filming as well.

Gregor said he'll be busy filming in June. Euron also said he would be finishing filming in June. (I think Cersei is still filming as well). The mercenary cast back in the fall (speculated to be Marc Rissman's character Harry Strickland) was supposed to be filming in May and June.

Gendry finished filming in Seville, along with a few others. Gilly has also finished filming. Sansa has likely finished filming as well; she was only in Belfast briefly after Seville and hasn't been back.

Dany is not done filming yet and will be heading back to film after she finishes her publicity blitz for Solo. The last thing Dany filmed for S7 was the dragon riding, so maybe that will be true for S8 as well.

Jon's getting married on June 23rd, so Jon may have wrapped filming by then.

Friendly reminder that scenes are filmed out of order. 

Jon and Arya have been filming more or less continuously for several months now, and Arya's stunt double has been in Belfast a lot. I'd say to expect lots of Jon and Arya in S8.

...Likewise, Sansa has filmed maybe four weeks since January, and very little or possibly nothing in KL except the Dragonpit, so expect most of Sansa's scenes to be interior scenes away from the action in S8. Dany hasn't been involved in any of the KL exterior scenes shot over the past little while and wasn't in Seville, either. However, Dany is coming back to film and Sansa appears to be done.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:29 PM, larastone said:

I just wanna know which episodes Jaime and Cersei die in lmao

My best guess? Both die in 8x05: Nutter (8x01, 8x02, and 8x04) is long gone and NCW and Lena are still filming, but Lena and NCW didn't film during the day in Seville (which I'm pretty sure was 8x06 stuff).

Irish Thrones recently tweeted a bunch of carefully organized debris for KL (broken pillars, e.g.). The dome they built for the KL exterior set was also modified recently to appear burned.

Going off a mix of cast sightings, interviews with cast and educated guesses, here's the list of characters whose actors I think are still filming:

Jon, Dany, Arya, Davos, Tyrion, Grey Worm, the Mountain, Sandor, Jaime, Euron, and Cersei

(Not sure about Sansa. I thought Sophie was done, but maybe not...?)

From what we know about filming, it seems like there are roughly four sets of KL exterior scenes that have been filmed:

1. Dragonpit night shoots at Seville: Jon, Grey Worm, Davos, Tyrion (rumoured), but not Dany

2. Dragonpit or Italica site day shoots: Sansa, Tyrion, Brienne, Robin, Arya, Sam, Gendry, Davos, Bran, but not Dany or Jon

3. KL scenes pre-devastation, filmed on the Belfast set: Jon, Arya, Davos, Grey Worm, Tyrion, maybe others, but not Dany (since Emilia was elsewhere when they were being filmed)

4. KL scenes post-devastation, filmed on the Belfast set: ??? (Doesn't seem to have started yet)

This weekend there is a wrap party happening in Belfast with old and recent cast members invited. Ir seems Sean Bean was seing in Belfast. Its going to be a party and  an all cast interview, made by Conan OBrian https://i.redd.it/3cg23s1g0m111.jpg

According to reddit poster tbmeek3

• Conan is doing a cast interview.
  • Kit, Maisie and Sophie will stay in Belfast until their filming is complete. (Yes, that means they will not take weekends off to go home.)
  • Valdmir/NK is done filming and is on the comic con circuit.
  • Nicokli will attend a comic con in Bogata, Columbia on June 11th.
  • Emilia will attend a Solo event in Japan on June 12th.
  • Most principal actors will be done filming by the time of Kit’s wedding.
  • Extras and stunt filming will continue through July 2nd.

3 hours ago, Newstar said:

My best guess? Both die in 8x05: Nutter (8x01, 8x02, and 8x04) is long gone and NCW and Lena are still filming, but Lena and NCW didn't film during the day in Seville (which I'm pretty sure was 8x06 stuff).

Irish Thrones recently tweeted a bunch of carefully organized debris for KL (broken pillars, e.g.). The dome they built for the KL exterior set was also modified recently to appear burned.

Going off a mix of cast sightings, interviews with cast and educated guesses, here's the list of characters whose actors I think are still filming:

Jon, Dany, Arya, Davos, Tyrion, Grey Worm, the Mountain, Sandor, Jaime, Euron, and Cersei

From what we know about filming, it seems like there are roughly four sets of KL exterior scenes that have been filmed:

1. Dragonpit night shoots at Seville: Jon, Grey Worm, Davos, Tyrion (rumoured), but not Dany

2. Dragonpit or Italica site day shoots: Sansa, Tyrion, Brienne, Robin, Arya, Sam, Gendry, Davos, Bran, but not Dany or Jon

3. KL scenes pre-devastation, filmed on the Belfast set: Jon, Arya, Davos, Grey Worm, Tyrion, maybe others, but not Dany (since Emilia was elsewhere when they were being filmed)

4. KL scenes post-devastation, filmed on the Belfast set: ??? (Doesn't seem to have started yet)

Yeah but I think I saw Boatsexbaby on Freefolk say that the battles/action goes on until 8x06 and according to her sources, NCW will be filming for eps 5 and 6? I’d be fine with them dying in 8x05 tho cuz sapochnik would do a great job with those death scenes 

I also really wanna know how Cersei will die lmao

On 6/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, Newstar said:

4. KL scenescpost-devastation, filmed on the Belfast set: ??? (Doesn't seem to have started yet)

Thanks for all of your posts.  We are all reading these hoping our favorite characters live.  Here's hoping for Jon.

Filming update, by character:

Still filming:

Jon: Kit told someone this week that he had three more weeks to go, which would make sense since he's supposed to be getting married on June 23rd (by which point you'd think he would be done)

Arya: Maisie's stunt double has been filming and will be filming for a few more weeks, Maisie's been pretty much camped out in Belfast as long as Kit has been (basically since they got back from Sevile in mid-May)

Dany: Emilia's been back in Belfast since last week

Cersei: Lena said in an interview that she was finishing in June

Euron: Pilou said in an interview that he was finishing in June

Theon: Alfie took a picture with fans in Belfast this week

Gregor: Thor said he'd be busy filming in June and is posting IG posts from Belfast

Filmed this week but is now finished:

Sansa: Sophie did film after Seville off and on over the past three weeks and was staying in Belfast earlier this week, but she popped up in Australia so she's probably done for sure

Bran: Isaac was in Belfast earlier this week but indicated in his IG Stories that he'd be leaving London for the US for a month

Jaime: NCW finished this week

Missandei: Nathalie finished this week

Finished for a while:

Yara: Gemma's been working on other projects

Gendry: Joe said he finished (probably in Seville)

Gilly: Hannah said in an interview that she was done

David Nutter (director of 8x01, 8x02, and 8x04): His Director of Photography hasn't been in Belfast since May 6th

Who knows:

Tyrion: Peter was spotted a few times after Seville in Belfast but not this week, no idea whether or not he's done

Brienne: Gwendoline was in Belfast earlier this week with NCW, but if he's done she may be done as well

Grey Worm: Jacob was filming KL scenes, no idea if he's still there

Sam: No idea, John popped up in Liverpool with Maisie a while back

What's being filmed:

1. Post-destruction KL scenes, since someone took a photo of a lot of "destruction" props laid out neatly outside the studio (pillars, broken columns, debris, etc.) 

2. Something at Cushendun Caves (filmed where Melisandre birthed her shadow baby in Season 2), filmed this week. There's speculation that it was just a photoshoot, though.

3. A Dothraki (?) scene, or at any rate a scene with lots of horses, will be filmed next week for at least 3-4 days

4. Probably other stuff, who knows?

On 6/6/2018 at 1:19 PM, lakin1013 said:

Thanks for all of your posts.  We are all reading these hoping our favorite characters live.  Here's hoping for Jon.

Architectural Digest dropped the bombshell that Emilia Clarke filmed her final scenes of the show in Dubrovnik, which sounds a lot like confirmation that Dany lives, so Dany at least likely pulls through. Kit was in Dubrovnik, too, so maybe their final scene was together...?

Back to your question, though. Anything filmed after May 6th was likely from 8x05 or 8x06--since I'm guessing the 8x03 exteriors were filmed during all those night shoots back in February and March--so if your faves' actors were filming after May 6th, they probably made it at least to 8x05. 

The list of characters whose actors are known to have filmed after May 6th:

Jon, Dany, Arya, Davos, Bran, Tyrion, Sansa, Robin, Gendry, Sam, Brienne, Jaime, Cersei, Euron, Theon, Grey Worm, Missandei, Jorah (Iain Glen was supposedly in Seville on set)

Here's the list of characters whose actors are not known to have filmed after May 6th (doesn't mean they weren't there, just that they weren't seen or confirmed to have filmed):

Pod, Melisandre, Tormund, Qyburn, Beric, Sandor (although I'd be shocked if Rory isn't involved in whatever Thor is doing in June), Varys, Yara (kind of a grey area since Gemma was spotted in Seville, though)

...Pretty much whom you would expect, especially since Melisandre and Varys are already pretty much confirmed to die in S8.

Sophie Turner got a tatoo!!!! Thats so cool, but also kind of spoilery. Not that I had any doubt all 4 survived in the end.

“With Thrones, we were always planning since season one, if we make it all the way through we can get like a matching wolf or something,” she said. “We don’t know if we’re going to make it, so Maisie and I were like let’s get these ones before somebody kills us or something.”

Sophie

“There are rumors that if you make it from Season 1 to Season 8 there’s a tattoo that we all get,” she explained. “We’re all waiting to see if we do make it. I was lucky enough to be in Season 1, even the pilot episode. If I do make it to Season 8, I will get it. It would be rude not to!”

Maisie

On 6/6/2018 at 3:28 PM, alienarea said:

And then, after the end credits, Ned steps out of the shower "Cat, I had a weird dream... "

LOL  Or, Ned can pop out of the pool by the heart tree, and tell Cat to keep that damn letter to herself? 

Archived