Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Any reason to believe this guy?

Not really. Bears all the hallmarks of a fake. Still, it could be true.

These “spoilers” are kind of...stating the obvious? How could Sansa not end up in a position of power at the end of the show, assuming she survives? How could Sansa and Tyrion not have good scenes together, given their history? And almost everyone thinks Dany’s doomed, so...

1 hour ago, larastone said:

Doesn't seem fishy to me. Sansa's not a fighter. Plus Lena and Nikolaj (who will undoubtedly be part of the KL battle scenes) didn't film in Seville at all.

Sansa isn’t involved in any of the KL exterior scenes other than the one at the Dragonpit, though, even though Tyrion, Arya, Davos and Sam are and their actors filmed in Seville. Not to mention that Sam, Tyrion and Davos are hardly fighters, either, and that Sansa wasn’t involved in any other KL exterior scenes, even the ones that weren’t battle scenes.

Judging from Sophie’s interview and going off dates when she was spotted in Belfast, she wrapped in Northern Ireland in mid-April.

1 hour ago, larastone said:

I think expecting the entirety of the series finale to be an epilogue was a reach. Especially since so many of the characters are so young and it's better if their endings are left a little open ended than something so concrete like the Harry Potter epilogue where we see them all aged up and married with 3 to 4 kids

I never expected an epilogue with everyone paired off with kids, except for maybe Baby Sam and Jon and Dany’s kid, but I’ll be disappointed if there’s a cursory denouement of like five minutes or whatever just so D&D can have their enormous battle set piece and gun for a Best Directing Emmy.

In between Sophie’s comments about the actors only having 24 hours to read the scripts before filming; a big battle and other complicated sequences taking place in 8x06; two novice directors at the helm; and the extensive use of green screen, I’m worried that the finale is going to be a shitshow.

Edited by Newstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Not really. Bears all the hallmarks of a fake. Still, it could be true.

These “spoilers” are kind of...stating the obvious? How could Sansa not end up in a position of power at the end of the show, assuming she survives? How could Sansa and Tyrion not have good scenes together, given their history? And almost everyone thinks Dany’s doomed, so...

Sansa isn’t involved in any of the KL exterior scenes other than the one at the Dragonpit, though, even though Tyrion, Arya, Davos and Sam are and their actors filmed in Seville. Not to mention that Sam, Tyrion and Davos are hardly fighters, either, and that Sansa wasn’t involved in any other KL exterior scenes, even the ones that weren’t battle scenes.

Judging from Sophie’s interview and going off dates when she was spotted in Belfast, she wrapped in Northern Ireland in mid-April.

I never expected an epilogue with everyone paired off with kids, except for maybe Baby Sam and Jon and Dany’s kid, but I’ll be disappointed if there’s a cursory denouement of like five minutes or whatever just so D&D can have their enormous battle set piece and gun for a Best Directing Emmy.

In between Sophie’s comments about the actors only having 24 hours to read the scripts before filming; a big battle and other complicated sequences taking place in 8x06; two novice directors at the helm; and the extensive use of green screen, I’m worried that the finale is going to be a shitshow.

Are we sure about the KL exterior scenes? Do we know when exactly they STARTED filming at that big KL set in episode 5? Honestly I think it’s very hard to tell exactly what kinds of scenes actors will have based on when they’re seen and because they don’t film in order. It’s true that Tyrion and Davos aren’t really fighters either but they’ve still had action scenes unlike Sansa and we have no real clue about Sam.

lol I don’t believe Sophie’s comment about actors only have 24 hours to read a scene. Sounds like BS and trolling to me.

time will tell about everything else. But honestly in regards to the writing I’m not expecting season 8 to be better than season 7. I’m sure there will be a thing or two in season 8 that’s just as fucking stupid as the wight hunt.

 

 

Edited by larastone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if the bittersweet ending GRRM keeps talking about is Daenerys reuniting with Drogo and moving on to the next level (like LOST)?

I pick up a vibe that Daenerys saves Westeros from the long night sacrificing herself.

And when magic dies, Jon will die from his old wounds and live on in Ghost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alienarea said:

What if the bittersweet ending GRRM keeps talking about is Daenerys reuniting with Drogo and moving on to the next level (like LOST)?

I pick up a vibe that Daenerys saves Westeros from the long night sacrificing herself.

And when magic dies, Jon will die from his old wounds and live on in Ghost.

 

why is Dany reuniting with Drogo a thing?

Jon said there is nothing when you die. There is no afterlife in this world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the past few years, I've suspected that Dany will die in some kind of sacrifice to destroy the Others. If she turns villainous beforehand, it will be used as a way to make her sacrifice that much more poignant.

I'm not sure about Jon. On the show he didn't change much, but GRRM made it pretty clear in the books that being undead is not a pleasant experience. Perhaps he'll go down in a blaze of glory as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With GRRMs love for subverting tropes Jon could become Daenerys' Nissa Nissa ... the sword that shines in the darkness.

IMHO it's a given that magic vanishes from Westeros in the end, so Daenerys, Jon, Melisandre, Night King, White Walkers, dragons ... will have to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My own headcanon/theory is that one of the dragons will live and fly off east after Dany's death, leaving the possibility of a reemergence of magic somewhere down the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, alienarea said:

With GRRMs love for subverting tropes Jon could become Daenerys' Nissa Nissa ... the sword that shines in the darkness.

IMHO it's a given that magic vanishes from Westeros in the end, so Daenerys, Jon, Melisandre, Night King, White Walkers, dragons ... will have to go.

I wonder how magic disappears, will it be gone as soon as WW and dragons are gone? And will Bran die with magic gone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoilers from /BoatsexBaby at /Freefolk:

Quote

 

Like I promised earlier, here are some of the plot points for S8 which I was told and some additional information. I have done my best to verify them and have only shared the ones I am confident about. Time will prove its authenticity.

Episode 1 & 2 is mostly setup/reunions/political drama. Episode 3 & 4 is WF battle & the aftermath. Episode 5 is KL battle/riots/chaos. Episode 6 is the epic finale of the Great War and the ‘dream of spring’ epilogue.

There is crazy time travel throughout the season. Characters will be wherever they need to be for the plot to progress, irrespective of whether it makes sense in terms of travel time. If you want to enjoy the season, you’ll have to accept that.

Jon and Dany’s relationship survives his parentage reveal. They fight the NK/AoTD together till the end.

WF is attacked by Cersei’s army. NK/AoTD arrive to finish the job for them. WF falls and survivors retreat south.

NK arrives in KL and burns down the city. I have linked the circumstantial evidence for this below.

Cleganebowl is real and will be glorious. I told this to u/EveryFckngChicken in a PM on June 24th.

Episode 6 has the Dance of the Dragons between Dany/Drogon and NK/Viserion. It’s one of the biggest highlights of the season. Jon/Rhaegal may or may not be part of this sequence too.

The Dragonpit sequence is part of the KL battle in Episode 6 and will ‘blow everyone’s mind’. That’s a direct quote. I told this to u/Enty23 in a PM on May 29th.

NK/Others are not simply WMDs out of control. Their motivation will be revealed, and it’ll tie together every WW related scene from S1E01 till now. The reveal and resolution are apparently brilliant.

BoatsexBaby is endgame.

 

Not much about anyone who isn't Jon, Dany or the NK, but there you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Spoilers from /BoatsexBaby at /Freefolk:

Not much about anyone who isn't Jon, Dany or the NK, but there you have it.

Interesting stuff. 

If this is true, than the season is certainly going to pack a whallop with the living losing in the North and the destruction of WF and the dead burning down KL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that even count as a spoiler?  I guess the info. on the WW at the end, but I'm really only interested in who lives and who dies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Spoilers from /BoatsexBaby at /Freefolk:

Not much about anyone who isn't Jon, Dany or the NK, but there you have it.

It seems pretty predictable. It definitely doesn't fit in with what the cast has been saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

It seems pretty predictable. It definitely doesn't fit in with what the cast has been saying. 

I don’t think this is that predictible.

when the pictures of winterfell burning first came out most people reacted super surprised as they did when they found our Cersei was going to attack North

also, the motivation of the white walkers is a big question mark still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quoted from above:

There is crazy time travel throughout the season. Characters will be wherever they need to be for the plot to progress, irrespective of whether it makes sense in terms of travel time. If you want to enjoy the season, you’ll have to accept that.

And now you know why the books aren't progressing. It's all about FX and big Wow! moments, logic and reason were casualties at the red wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast travel times have never bothered me, with maybe one or two exceptions. Fast travel has been a part of the series since the very first episode, so I’m not sure why people continue to have a problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

Fast travel times have never bothered me, with maybe one or two exceptions. Fast travel has been a part of the series since the very first episode, so I’m not sure why people continue to have a problem with it.

It's one of the least egregious fault of the show, but some of the recent seasons, it got a bit crazy, like Gendry running to Eastwatch, c'mon man.   But, its a weird comment for someone to make about spoilers, since as you say, 'travel time' went by the wayside many years ago in the show.  

I didn't find much revelation in that spoiler, we already know that WF is burned badly and that there is a huge battle in KL.  The only real spoiler there is the idea that the White Walker resolve will be deeper and more interesting than 'killed the zombies, yah'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be a bit behind. Do we have details about the dragon pit sequence? Or just that they are all meeting again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I may be a bit behind. Do we have details about the dragon pit sequence? Or just that they are all meeting again?

Nothing other than it being part of the final battle sequence in KL. Probably after the NK burns down the city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It's one of the least egregious fault of the show, but some of the recent seasons, it got a bit crazy, like Gendry running to Eastwatch, c'mon man.   But, its a weird comment for someone to make about spoilers, since as you say, 'travel time' went by the wayside many years ago in the show.  

I didn't find much revelation in that spoiler, we already know that WF is burned badly and that there is a huge battle in KL.  The only real spoiler there is the idea that the White Walker resolve will be deeper and more interesting than 'killed the zombies, yah'.

3

I thought that was a weird comment as well. It's like they were preemptively defensive about their spoilers. I think that comment is about Jon's appearance in a KL scene in Dubrovnik. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I thought that was a weird comment as well. It's like they were preemptively defensive about their spoilers. I think that comment is about Jon's appearance in a KL scene in Dubrovnik. 

I think you're right. In general, Jon seems to be the character that is going to "time travel" the fastest. He seems like he HAS to be a lot of places really fast. Dany does too but at least you know ... dragons..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×