Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, larastone said:

cleganebowl will happen in the series finale

So basically the very last shot of the show will be the undead mountain bringing up his sword, charging toward Sandor. While the hound starts charging at his brother, swinging his sword, they are right about to hit each other when the screen goes black. Then says, "Directed by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss"

It will be quite the bittersweet ending of, we know Cleganebowl happened, but we never saw it....

15 minutes ago, larastone said:

Yes I think this pretty much confirms Cersei makes it to the series finale

That last episode is going to be bonkers if both Cersei and the NK are still alive, Cleganebowl, Dance of Dragons and crazy action sequence in the Dragonpit 

19 hours ago, jcmontea said:

That last episode is going to be bonkers if both Cersei and the NK are still alive, Cleganebowl, Dance of Dragons and crazy action sequence in the Dragonpit 

Whatever was filmed at Italica was for 8x06, since the Spain shoot credits on IMDB are listed as being for 8x06 alone.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Boat Sex Baby had also said it was for 806, a crazy action sequence. 

Yes, but we weren’t sure whether there were scenes shot for 8x05 as well. IMDB seems to confirm that whatever was shot in Spain was for 8x06 only.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Yes, but we weren’t sure whether there were scenes shot for 8x05 as well. IMDB seems to confirm that whatever was shot in Spain was for 8x06 only.

Got it. 

That last episode sounds like it will be totally bonkers. 

Well if Cersei (and presumably Jaime) make it to 8x06 (and Cersei is pretty much confirmed to make it imo since the Mountain is). Then I think we can cross out any other main characters dying. Especially if the NK is also dying in this episode. I don’t see D&D going the Infinity War route. 

33 minutes ago, larastone said:

Well if Cersei (and presumably Jaime) make it to 8x06 (and Cersei is pretty much confirmed to make it imo since the Mountain is). Then I think we can cross out any other main characters dying. Especially if the NK is also dying in this episode. I don’t see D&D going the Infinity War route. 

i agree... have a hard time seeing them killing Jaime, Cersei AND one of Jon/Dany/Tyrion/Sansa/Arya  in just one episode

just from a dramatic perspective, feels like over kill 

8 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Got it. 

That last episode sounds like it will be totally bonkers. 

Yup. Gotta get that Emmy for D&D, LOL.

8 hours ago, larastone said:

Agreed. It also seems likely that Euron and Varys make it at least to 8x05, since Pilou and Conleth are seen in Northern Ireland in early June (Nutter finished in May).

5 hours ago, alienarea said:

I can see one of Jon / Tyrion / Sansa / Arya dying in 805 before Cersei for "dramatic reasons". Or maybe Bran?

Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya and Bran’s actors were all filming in Spain, so unless they’re wights, they all make it to 8x06. (Ditto for Sam, Brienne, Gendry, Davos, and Grey Worm.)

Architectural Digest claimed that Dany’s last scene in GOT was filmed in Croatia, which if true also means Dany makes it to 8x06 (since Sapochnik wasn’t there).

8 hours ago, Newstar said:

Yup. Gotta get that Emmy for D&D, LOL.

Agreed. It also seems likely that Euron and Varys make it at least to 8x05, since Pilou and Conleth are seen in Northern Ireland in early June (Nutter finished in May).

Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya and Bran’s actors were all filming in Spain, so unless they’re wights, they all make it to 8x06. (Ditto for Sam, Brienne, Gendry, Davos, and Grey Worm.)

Architectural Digest claimed that Dany’s last scene in GOT was filmed in Croatia, which if true also means Dany makes it to 8x06 (since Sapochnik wasn’t there).

That's the bittersweet ending - nobody dies.

I think it makes good show sense if most of the major players survive into 8x06. I understand that this is when the "epic" final battle scene is being rumored to take place, probably against the NK (my best guess) or Cercei. How many will survive is anybody's guess, but I'm sure everyone is already aware that an HBO Exec had implied a while ago that many of them will meet their end in the show.  So there is likely to be a lot of fan tears elicited watching the episode. Possibly it will end with a brief epilogue showing the aftermath of the war identifying who, if anyone, ends up on the Iron Throne. I just hope its not too bizarre an ending. 

1 hour ago, alienarea said:

That's the bittersweet ending - nobody dies.

It will be bittersweet for the fans who are expecting a massacre for the finale and will call anything less than a massacre a Disney ending.

25 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I think it makes good show sense if most of the major players survive into 8x06. I understand that this is when the "epic" final battle scene is being rumored to take place, probably against the NK (my best guess) or Cercei

According to /BoatsexBaby, a poster at /Freefolk who received some tidbits about Season 8 exterior shoots courtesy of someone inside the production, there's a KL battle that goes from 8x05 to 8x06. 8x05 has crowd KL scenes which is more Battle of the Bastards/Hardhome-type stuff (battles, riots, chaos), while 8x06 has the big VFX scenes, including a dragon-on-dragon fight between the NK and Dany.

How many will survive is anybody's guess, but I'm sure everyone is already aware that an HBO Exec had implied a while ago that many of them will meet their end in the show.

Sure, but I think the point is that if Jaime, Cersei, the NK, the Mountain, and possibly others (Euron? Varys? Melisandre?) all die in the finale, that doesn't leave a lot of room for a lot of other big deaths, especially for the main characters. So if all the villain deaths are shoved all the way to the last episode, that makes it much less likely that any of the main good guys will die in the finale as well.

If both Cersei and the Night King make it to 8.06 one might fight against Daenerys (Night King) and the other against Jon (Cersei)?

Maybe Jon's father isn't Rhaegar but Aerys, making him a little (half) brother of Rhaegar and maybe Cersei as well?

20 minutes ago, alienarea said:

If both Cersei and the Night King make it to 8.06 one might fight against Daenerys (Night King) and the other against Jon (Cersei)?

Maybe Jon's father isn't Rhaegar but Aerys, making him a little (half) brother of Rhaegar and maybe Cersei as well?

Something tells me that Jon’s father is not going to be changed from rhaegar 

16 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Most prestige dramas have bittersweet endings and very rarely does someone die

I dunno about that; I can name several prestige dramas off the top of my head that had major characters die in the finale. With that said, it's hard to use comparisons to other shows to predict GOT because there's really nothing like it on TV, even with all the GOT-lite imitation shows that have popped up. 

Still, going back to GRRM's 1993 outline, I think Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and Bran are safe, and I agree with @larastone on the implications of most or maybe even all of the villain deaths being pushed back to the finale. The HBO person talking about the actors' characters dying one by one during the script read could just be referring to the villains plus one or two minor "good" characters. 

The vibe I'm currently getting is all the Starks plus Tyrion and Dany survive, but that Jon and Dany don't wind up ruling at the end. Not sure how that will come about, though.

42 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Something tells me that Jon’s father is not going to be changed from rhaegar 

Agreed.

Archived