Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

9 hours ago, Newstar said:

I dunno about that; I can name several prestige dramas off the top of my head that had major characters die in the finale. With that said, it's hard to use comparisons to other shows to predict GOT because there's really nothing like it on TV, even with all the GOT-lite imitation shows that have popped up. 

Still, going back to GRRM's 1993 outline, I think Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and Bran are safe, and I agree with @larastone on the implications of most or maybe even all of the villain deaths being pushed back to the finale. The HBO person talking about the actors' characters dying one by one during the script read could just be referring to the villains plus one or two minor "good" characters. 

The vibe I'm currently getting is all the Starks plus Tyrion and Dany survive, but that Jon and Dany don't wind up ruling at the end. Not sure how that will come about, though.

Agreed.

Well I don’t know about Euron dying in the series finale. I could still see him going out in episode 5, same with Mel and Varys.

but NK, Cersei, Jaime, the mountain (maybe qyburn too?) are dying in the series finale imo.

i wouldn’t take any HBO exec at their word

6 hours ago, alienarea said:

There need to be some deaths in the Winterfell battle - Tormund, Jorah, Gendry?

Assuming he's not a wight, Gendry makes it to 8x06, since Joe Dempsie filmed in Spain. Iain Glen (Jorah) was supposedly spotted as well, although no one managed to take a picture of him. Tormund, on the other hand, could very well die at Winterfell.

I think the big Winterfell death will be Rhaegal, to even up the odds for Drogon vs. Wight Viserion in the finale.

Melisandre, Varys,  Theon, … ?

I think Melisandre makes it to 8x06, if you believe /BoatsexBaby's claim that Carice filmed 8x06 VFX stuff at the Magheramorne Quarry. Varys makes it to 8x05 at least, since Conleth Hill was spotted in Northern Ireland in early June.

28 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Assuming he's not a wight, Gendry makes it to 8x06, since Joe Dempsie filmed in Spain. Iain Glen (Jorah) was supposedly spotted as well, although no one managed to take a picture of him. Tormund, on the other hand, could very well die at Winterfell.

I think the big Winterfell death will be Rhaegal, to even up the odds for Drogon vs. Wight Viserion in the finale.

I think Melisandre makes it to 8x06, if you believe /BoatsexBaby's claim that Carice filmed 8x06 VFX stuff at the Magheramorne Quarry. Varys makes it to 8x05 at least, since Conleth Hill was spotted in Northern Ireland in early June.

I thought the same about Rhaegal but I’m not sure anymore since Boatsexbaby said Jon might be riding Rhaegal during the dance of dragons. Plus I just sort of think they’ll definitely have Jon ride a dragon.

boatsexbaby never said anything about Mel making it to 8x06, just that the Mel mageramorne quarry scenes were for KL. So she could still die in 8x05 for all we know (personally I hope she does, Sapochnik should get to film some major death scenes too!)

2 hours ago, larastone said:

I thought the same about Rhaegal but I’m not sure anymore since Boatsexbaby said Jon might be riding Rhaegal during the dance of dragons. Plus I just sort of think they’ll definitely have Jon ride a dragon.

I agree with you. I have a hard time thinking this series is going to pass up the chance to have Dany and Jon battling the NK on dragons in the climatic moment. 

Also, Friki says his in his last video his sources say Jon did not film in the dragonpit contrary to what some initial sources said.

So if that is true.... he is probably in the sky if the dragon pit is an action scene like BoatSex Baby says. 

The most likely WF deaths are Pod and Tormund. Did Theon film in the dragon pit? Also, the emotional heart of the sequence could just be that WF falls. 

19 hours ago, jcmontea said:

I agree with you. I have a hard time thinking this series is going to pass up the chance to have Dany and Jon battling the NK on dragons in the climatic moment. 

Also, Friki says his in his last video his sources say Jon did not film in the dragonpit contrary to what some initial sources said.

So if that is true.... he is probably in the sky if the dragon pit is an action scene like BoatSex Baby says. 

The most likely WF deaths are Pod and Tormund. Did Theon film in the dragon pit? Also, the emotional heart of the sequence could just be that WF falls. 

Yeah the image of Jon riding a dragon really makes me cringe ngl, but I think it will happen 

58 minutes ago, larastone said:

Yeah the image of Jon riding a dragon really makes me cringe ngl, but I think it will happen 

Although to be fair I also was partially bought into the Tyrion rides a dragon idea until Vicerion took an ice spear to the neck so who knows

2 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I feel like I'm tuned into GRRM's trollish wavelength at this point, so I feel confident in predicting that if Jon ever tries to ride a dragon, that poor beast will die out from under him before they are 15 feet off the ground.

Whatever happened to Ghost? I fear he'll become a Winterfell death.

Sophie is notorious for misdirection in her interviews at this point. She hinted that Sansa would betray Jon all last season, when in reality Sansa stood by him the whole time. The big rumor seems to be that Tyrion will betray Dany, which would be pretty ballsy on the showrunners' part, but I don't know if it's true.

Melisandre said that both she and Varys would die in Westeros, so it seems to be a given that we'll see them both perish before the show's end. 

14 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Sophie is notorious for misdirection in her interviews at this point. She hinted that Sansa would betray Jon all last season, when in reality Sansa stood by him the whole time. The big rumor seems to be that Tyrion will betray Dany, which would be pretty ballsy on the showrunners' part, but I don't know if it's true.

Melisandre said that both she and Varys would die in Westeros, so it seems to be a given that we'll see them both perish before the show's end. 

she also said Sansa was going to be a player before Season 5.... 

On 8/11/2018 at 1:39 AM, larastone said:

ut NK, Cersei, Jaime, the mountain (maybe qyburn too?) are dying in the series finale imo.

Hm, might even be too much all in one episode. The other episodes have to be full of tension, too. I expect serious developments from the first episode onwards.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Newstar said:

Gendry makes it to 8x06, since Joe Dempsie filmed in Spain

Hm, sorry, I probably missed some information here. Why does "filming in Spain" means it is the last episode? A lot of scenes of all episodes could play out in Spain, couldn't they? Can you please elaborate on this? One episode usually features scenes of different locations and storyline threads?

On 8/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, larastone said:

Plus I just sort of think they’ll definitely have Jon ride a dragon.

I might be, after his touching and bonding with a dragon. Or maybe this was just another clue to his Targaryen ancestry?

8 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Sophie is notorious for misdirection in her interviews at this point. She hinted that Sansa would betray Jon all last season, when in reality Sansa stood by him the whole time.

Well, we know that her line about Sansa coming into her own as a leader of Winterfell isn't exactly misdirection, since it makes sense that Sansa will be throwing her weight around in the first few episodes when Jon and Dany arrive, but it only applies to the first few episodes since Winterfell is going to be attacked and burned in 8x03. Sophie isn't really spoiling anything for later in the season.

4 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Hm, sorry, I probably missed some information here. Why does "filming in Spain" means it is the last episode? A lot of scenes of all episodes could play out in Spain, couldn't they? Can you please elaborate on this? One episode usually features scenes of different locations and storyline threads?

1. The only Spain filming was in Seville in early-mid May. (They are going to reuse the Season 7 footage of the Spanish castle doubling for Highgarden for Season 8, though.)

2. On IMDB, the crew credits for Spain stuff (production manager, e.g.) are credited to 8x06 only.

3. We know that D&D are directing 8x06 and no other episodes. Miguel Sapochnik and David Nutter weren't in Spain--Miguel was filming in Belfast at the same time, and David Nutter had already finished filming--so by elimination, whatever was filmed in Spain must have been from 8x06.

Therefore, any character whose actor filmed in Seville is going to survive as far as 8x06, even if they don't necessarily make it through the episode.

And as a reminder, here's the list of characters whose actors were in Seville:

Jon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Sam, Gendry, Tyrion, Davos, Jaime, Cersei, Varys, Brienne, Grey Worm, Robin Arryn, Lord Royce, Edmure, Yara, the NK (although the NK's actor also does stunts), Jaqen, the Waif

There were also a bunch of Unsullied extras who filmed.

(Iain Glen was allegedly spotted but no one took photos of him.)

Some of the above filmed for all four days in Seville, some filmed very little, and some just showed up towards the end of filming. There are also rumours about night shoots in Seville. So I do think there were multiple 8x06 scenes filmed.

And the characters whose actors weren't in Seville:

Dany, Gilly, Euron, Theon, Missandei, Melisandre, the Mountain, the Hound, Qyburn, Tormund, Lyanna Mormont, Lord Glover

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I can't believe that Cersei outlives Dany.  

Dany has a plausible reason for being absent from those scenes (dragon). If Architectural Digest is right that Dany's last scenes in GOT were filmed in Croatia, then I'm pretty sure that Dany survives the series.

The other thing is that while this is a master list of who was and who wasn’t in Seville, the actors filmed different things. Jaime’s actor left on Friday without filming anything during the day (the only thing he could have filmed would have been night shoots). Cersei’s actress could only have filmed on the weekend. Jon’s actor could only have filmed on Tuesday night.

There was only a subset of all the GOT actors in Seville who filmed for all four weekdays they filmed in Seville, during the day, and that subset did not include the actors playing Jon, Grey Worm, Cersei, Varys, Jaime, and a few others. I am most interested in what that group of actors filmed.

/BoatsexBaby's information is that battle stuff was filmed in 8x06, but my theory is that that's only half-right. There are rumours that there were night shoots in Seville (with Tyrion and Davos' actors, among others), which would explain why Jaime's actor would show up in Seville but leave without filming anything during the day, and why Jon's actor would show up in Seville but leave without filming anything during the day, either. So my theory is that there were KL battle scenes filmed at Italica at night (which is why Jon and Grey Worm's actors showed up to film later than the other actors and why the Unsullied extras were there), but that the day shoots are postwar denouement stuff.

If you look at the characters whose actors who seem to have filmed during the day for all four days in Seville--Arya, Bran, Sam, Gendry, Davos, Sansa, Tyrion, and Brienne--it seems like a pretty good rundown of the characters on Team Jon/Dany you would expect to survive. Moreover, the absences make a lot of sense:

1. Dany and Jon: out of the picture (left Westeros together, maybe?)

2. Grey Worm and Missandei: left for Naath (this is apparently hinted in a scrapped scene from the Season 7 outline)

3. Jaime, Cersei, Euron, Varys, Qyburn, Theon, and Melisandre: dead

4. The Hound and the Mountain: took each out in Cleganebowl

Then you have Robin Arryn in the mix, and possibly Lord Royce, Edmure and Yara as well if those actors filmed during the day in Seville as well (they could have filmed at night). They make up the leaders of three regions of Westeros. Now, they could be showing up to lend their strength for a last stand against the AOTD. If that were the case, though, you would expect Jon and/or Dany to be involved in those day scenes, and they aren't.

It's also puzzling given that the presence of Lord Royce, Edmure and Yara's actors was kept quiet. They didn't even stay at the same hotel as the main cast members. Maybe because their presence was a giveaway that this was endgame stuff...?

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Jon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Sam, Gendry, Tyrion, Davos, Jaime, Cersei, Varys, Brienne, Grey Worm, Robin Arryn, Lord Royce, Edmure, Yara, the NK (although the NK's actor also does stunts), Jaqen, the Waif

Thank you very much for all these details. Interesting stuff.

Jaqen and waif again? The waif is dead, must be a use of her face, then. Strange, I don't expect both to show up again. Maybe simple misdirection of the crew?

Archived