Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Though, if that means Jon and Dany survive in the end and sit on the throne, ugh....

IMHO its not going to end with either one or both on the throne. I suspect Jon will dissolve the monarchy and the government will revert back to the 7 kingdoms just as it was before the interloper Targaryens invaded over 300 years ago. Targaryen rule began with an Aegan and will end with an Aegan.  I see no sense in reestablishing a Targaryen Dynasty to rule Westeros.   I also feel Daenerys will not survive (except for her possibly becoming the Night Queen) but her legacy will live on through her offspring. Perhaps any Targaryen's left will return to Dragonstone or possibly even Valyria (but I would hate to see Daenerys (if she does survive) develop grayscale.

38 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

IMHO its not going to end with either one or both on the throne. I suspect Jon will dissolve the monarchy and the government will revert back to the 7 kingdoms just as it was before the interloper Targaryens invaded over 300 years ago. Targaryen rule began with an Aegan and will end with an Aegan.  I see no sense in reestablishing a Targaryen Dynasty to rule Westeros.   I also feel Daenerys will not survive (except for her possibly becoming the Night Queen) but her legacy will live on through her offspring. Perhaps any Targaryen's left will return to Dragonstone or possibly even Valyria (but I would hate to see Daenerys (if she does survive) develop grayscale.

I really really REALLY hope you're right.

4 hours ago, Newstar said:

1. The court documents in their entirety show that NCW will be paid for six S8 episodes.

2. The main cast are paid for all the episodes of the season, regardless of how many they appear in.

3. NCW was still filming in June, when Sapochnik and D&D were directing, so he probably makes it to 8x05 at least.

Yeah, I should have known lol.  I have the contract info that leaked last year, and it shows that even characters such as Davos and Theon are also getting paid for all six episodes in S8, whether they appear or not.

Though the way it's formatted in the court documents is quite strange.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:12 PM, Newstar said:

Assuming the ending is one of these four options, this seems like the likeliest.

A big problem I have with it is that NCW hates the idea of Dany as queen and he seems positively delighted with the ending. Maybe he's thrilled because Dany ends up a miserable single mom...?

Omg people need to stop acting as if NCW is some loser Reddit Dany hater. Sure, he has his preferences but he’s not some petty fanboy that will trash and hate the entire thing because a character he doesn’t like will get some sort of “reward”

Friki's video is out.  He did this one in English.  YouTube Link  

He says Tyrion dies.  He says there is a trial for Tyrion in the Dragonpit.  Neither Jon nor Dany were there, so he doesn't actually know about their fate...but Tyrion is a traitor, and he is sure Tyrion dies.  He's just not sure how he dies.  He thinks it could be like LF's death. 

He's not sure why Tyrion turns traitor either, he's just certain he does.  Tyrion's treason is revealed in a scene with Jon, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Tyrion.  Friki thinks this will be one of the biggest twists of the season.  He says Tyrion will get a speech like the one he gave in his trial for Joff's death.     

And lastly he says Emilia was not in Seville.  KIt was there, but Friki is certain he did not film anything (he never got into costume).  Friki says HBO brought several actors to Seville who didn't film anything, and he hopes to make a video next week where he confirms which ones didn't film...if he can get confirmation, which he says he doesn't have yet.      

9 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

He says Tyrion dies.  He says there is a trial for Tyrion in the Dragonpit.  Neither Jon nor Dany were there, so he doesn't actually know about their fate...but Tyrion is a traitor, and he is sure Tyrion dies.  He's just not sure how he dies.  He thinks it could be like LF's death. 

He's not sure why Tyrion turns traitor either, he's just certain he does.  Tyrion's treason is revealed in a scene with Jon, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Tyrion.  Friki thinks this will be one of the biggest twists of the season.  He says Tyrion will get a speech like the one he gave in his trial for Joff's death.     

And lastly he says Emilia was not in Seville.  KIt was there, but Friki is certain he did not film anything (he never got into costume).  Friki says HBO brought several actors to Seville who didn't film anything, and he hopes to make a video next week where he confirms which ones didn't film...if he can get confirmation, which he says he doesn't have yer.      

Wow. That is a third WTF moment indeed

9 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

And lastly he says Emilia was not in Seville.  KIt was there, but Friki is certain he did not film anything (he never got into costume).  Friki says HBO brought several actors to Seville who didn't film anything, and he hopes to make a video next week where he confirms which ones didn't film...if he can get confirmation, which he says he doesn't have yer.      

That would be a big twist, killing Tyrion, but he seems least likely of the 3 to die.  We'll see.

Frikidoctor is live on YouTube.  And for what it's worth, he seems pretty confident in this.  He states that he's as sure about this as he has been when he's given spoilers in prior seasons.  

So I'm guessing that he received this information from someone who has given him correct information in the past.  

Hmm. 

I wonder if the suspicion at the end of season 7 that Tyrion had unreciperocated romantic feelings for Dany might be true. Has GRRM's original Arya, Jon and Tyrion love-triangle indeed been changed to a Dany, Jon and Tyrion version? 

We know from the past that Tyrion is a man of fierce passions, both noble and ignoble. On the noble side, he has deep affinity with and sympathy for "cripples, bastards and broken things". On the other hand, he is a patricide who murdered his own father and strangled his former lover to death. And he's had a lifelong stigma over his dwarfism and deformities. 

In other words, him betraying Dany/Jon is not necessarily incongruous with his character development - shocking though it would be. Maybe more went on in his meeting with Cersei than we saw on screen and the betrayal has somehow already taken place, or at least the decision to betray. 

Dinklage did an interview a few days ago, in which he made this revealing comment: 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-dinklage-says-tyrion-has-the-hots-for-the-mother-1828862875

Peter Dinklage Says Tyrion Has the Hots for the Mother of Dragons

The relationship between Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones has been kept pretty vague. It’s implied that he has feelings for her, but never confirmed outright. So, is Tyrion in love with the Mother of Dragons, or does he simply admire her cause? In an interview, Peter Dinklage confirmed that—at least in his mind and performance—Tyrion may have fallen hard.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Dinklage chatted about what he felt Tyrion’s reaction was after he found out Jon Snow and Dany had started bumping familial uglies. He jokingly opened with “Keep it down over there, I’m trying to get some sleep!” but then revealed that he sees Tyrion as having romantic feelings for Daenerys, being jealous of Jon Snow, and wanting what’s best for them and Westeros:

A lot of the time with Tyrion, it’s professional and personal. Obviously, he has feelings for Daenerys. He loves her, or thinks he does. She’s awe-inspiring. He’s questioning that because he doesn’t have a good track record for falling in love. There’s jealousy wrapped up in there. And he loves Jon Snow, too. They’re the two people he has the most in common with, in a way. They’re both outsiders in their own families who have refused to follow the path their family has taken, and hopefully for the better. He’s wondering how smart of a move [Jon and Dany’s romance is], because passion and politics don’t mix well. He knows the two of them getting together could be very dangerous.

This tracks with what we’ve seen on the series so far. Tyrion has never confessed his feelings for Dany, but it’s been strongly implied that he’s in love with her. This can be loosely traced to George R.R. Martin, who wrote in a 1993 letter to his publisher that he planned for Tyrion and Jon to fall in love with the same woman—though it was set to be Arya Stark, so it’s not exactly on par. Also, gross.

In the Season 7 finale, Cersei made an express reference to the fact that Dany was Tyrion's type - "a foreign whore". 

Hopefully this isn't the big twist. You saw him for some strange reason liking Danny, with the whole peeping tyrion thing. 

I get him betraying Jon and Danny, that makes sense in my mind. But that better not be the twist. That writing was on the wall. 

31 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Hopefully this isn't the big twist. You saw him for some strange reason liking Danny, with the whole peeping tyrion thing. 

I get him betraying Jon and Danny, that makes sense in my mind. But that better not be the twist. That writing was on the wall. 

I am pretty sure that is the twist. 

The writing was on the wall for Stannis burning Shireen as well..... 

37 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Pretty sure It is.

No one is expecting Tyrion to die, people only talk about how Jon and/or Dany will die.

Now we know that he will possibly die and it'll be because he betrayed Jon/Dany.

I thought he already said this shortly after S7 aired? Because I remember him saying this.

However, a Jon/Dany/Tyrion love triangle is possibly the most cliché thing D&D could write, so it's definitely going to happen.

3 hours ago, Firefae said:

I thought he already said this shortly after S7 aired? Because I remember him saying this.

However, a Jon/Dany/Tyrion love triangle is possibly the most cliché thing D&D could write, so it's definitely going to happen.

Creatively it made sense. :)

On 9/7/2018 at 8:49 AM, alienarea said:

Don't know anything, but maybe Bronn marries Sansa in the end and becomes Bronn Stark?

NOoooooooooo!

TOO OLD! and is scum, he kill her off, like he said to his wife to be, highborn girls fall off horses all the time.

17 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

That would be a big twist, killing Tyrion, but he seems least likely of the 3 to die.  We'll see.

The things we do for LOVE and FAMILY

Three Treasons - Once for blood, once for gold, and once for LOVE.

17 hours ago, Krishtotter said:

Maybe more went on in his meeting with Cersei than we saw on screen and the betrayal has somehow already taken place, or at least the decision to betray. 

Cersei also hates and wants Sansa, QOT did not quite exonerate Sansa to Jaime, so the innocent mule could be a victim because Cersei could use that on Tyrion.

Give Me Sansa and or her traitorous brother.

43 minutes ago, Grail King said:

NOoooooooooo!

TOO OLD! and is scum, he kill her off, like he said to his wife to be, highborn girls fall off horses all the time.

That’s true, he just doesn’t have much luck making them fall off dragons :P.

Archived