Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

Mirri did not actually tell Dany she could not have children in S1, yet in S7 Dany acted as though she did.  So D&D have retconned plotlines like this before, pretending past lines were in the show when they actually were not.

Even still, I'm also having doubts.  I trust that Friki trusts his source, he would not knowingly lie, but I do think it's possible his source is lying to him. 

HBO certainly did a great job at stopping leaks this year after the shit show that was S7.  Kudos to them.   

Edited by Ser Wun Wun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can break it down into what would need to happen for this scenario to be true?

As I understand, the scenario is that Tyrion is put on trial in the dragonpit and sentenced to death, Jon and Daenerys are absent.

Based on this:

- the Night King has been defeated (they would not have a trial before the war is over)

- Tyrion's betrayal must have caused the death of Jon and / or Daenerys, or the destruction of KL. Rationale behind this: if Jon and Daenerys were to survive the showdown with the Night King, what could have been Tyrion's treason? My only guess is to convince Cersei to burn KL with wildfire unnecessarily.

- Let's look at Daenerys for a moment. As far as we know she will fight the Night King in a dance of dragons. If the Night King were to win, could Jon defeat him? Doubtful.  Assumption: either Daenerys defeats the Night King, or both of them die. If both of them die, why would Tyrion betray Jon?

- Let's look at Jon. Tyrion is jealous of him, but knows that Daenerys (with Drogon) is needed to defeat the Night King. But is Jon needed? Not that much. Assumption: Tyrion's betrayal causes Jon's death, mirroring Ned's. Another clue: if Jon were to execute Tyrion, he would speak the sentence.

My scenario: Tyrion's betrayal takes place while Daenerys fights the Night King and causes the death of Jon. Daenerys defeats the Night King but burns down KL learning of Tyrion's betrayal. Maybe she demands his head, causing the trial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks Tyrion betraying Dany and getting executed isn't shocking enough to be a big emotional twist? It's just a generic "it was him all along" reveal that doesn't hold any water to the big moments like Ned's death or the Red Wedding.

With Dany and Jon probably being dead, maybe we get Sansa as a Elizabeth I. type of queen in the end. Would be better than seeing Dany and/or Jon sitting on the throne.

 

 

Edited by Valru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valru said:

Am I the only one who thinks Tyrion betraying Dany and getting executed isn't shocking enough to be a big emotional twist? It's just a generic "it was him all along" reveal that doesn't hold any water to the big moments like Ned's death or the Red Wedding.

With Dany and Jon probably being dead, maybe we get Sansa as a Elizabeth I. type of queen in the end. Would be better than seeing Dany and/or Jon sitting on the throne.

 

 

Also, if this were the case, Catelyn messed up once more.

And it would raise suspicions about the dagger again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a confirmed spoiler, not that important I suppose but still..
Its regarding Jaime Lannister.

 

Spoiler

Nicolai Coster-Waldau is atm in court being sued by his former manager who wants a cut of his pay. 
In court recently he had to show all his earnings, including how much he made on the final season of Game of Thrones

The information that he provided showed he is in every episode of the final season.
and btw. he makes around 1mill dollar each episode on the final season, where as he only made
500k last year on each episode.

 

Edited by P3nnyw1se

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, P3nnyw1se said:

I have a confirmed spoiler, not that important I suppose but still..
Its regarding Jaime Lannister.

 

  Hide contents

Nicolai Coster-Waldau is atm in court being sued by his former manager who wants a cut of his pay. 
In court recently he had to show all his earnings, including how much he made on the final season of Game of Thrones

The information that he provided showed he is in every episode of the final season.
and btw. he makes around 1mill dollar each episode on the final season, where as he only made
500k last year on each episode.

 

This brings up an interesting possible side plot if Friki's spoiler is accurate with Tyrion being sentenced to death for treason. If he is executed there is little room left for a continuation of the Lannister Family unless Cersei survives (unlikely) or has a live born child (unlikely) or Jamie survives. Interesting. 

Friki reported that Tyrion is sentenced to death in the dragonpit scene but is not executed as part of the scene. I wonder if there is a possibility we could see a Soprano type of ending for Tyrion where we never see or actually hear of him being executed (it is just implied it will happen).  I realize this might be out of character for the show but it would be an intriguing type of ending to leave Tyrion fans with some slim hope he is able to survive in some manner. IMHO he is as devious and spider-like as Varys but in a more covert manner, so who knows what he might be able to come up with (he did it before). Just a wild idea.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Error-504 said:

Why would Tyrion betray Dany for family though? he only has two relatives left, Cersei and Jamie, and Jamie is alreay on his way to WF. Are we to think he would betray Dany and Jamie for Cersei? I find this hard to believe. I thought Jorah would be the betrayal on Dany. 

Plain and simple answer, Jaime's child, Tyrion's last niece or nephew.  More complicated answer he may want the power for himself, though I go with the family angle.

Tyrion may not care for Cersei, but he loved Mercella and Tommen, he felt responsible for Mercella's death, and he's on a team, that killed her, and I'm not sure if he figured out Lady Oleanna, but his look at her at the wedding was umm strange.

I think this is his beginning of betrayal.

We also know he is conflicted ( in the books )with the Starks, but Sansa leaving left a bitter taste in his mouth , he's greatly white washed until his trial and he slowly starts to turn, finally being usurped by Jon in Danny's sphere of influence.

Add all the insults from people and it be almost unnatural for him NOT to turn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grail King said:

Plain and simple answer, Jaime's child, Tyrion's last niece or nephew.  More complicated answer he may want the power for himself, though I go with the family angle.

Tyrion may not care for Cersei, but he loved Mercella and Tommen, he felt responsible for Mercella's death, and he's on a team, that killed her, and I'm not sure if he figured out Lady Oleanna, but his look at her at the wedding was umm strange.

I think this is his beginning of betrayal.

We also know he is conflicted ( in the books )with the Starks, but Sansa leaving left a bitter taste in his mouth , he's greatly white washed until his trial and he slowly starts to turn, finally being usurped by Jon in Danny's sphere of influence.

Add all the insults from people and it be almost unnatural for him NOT to turn.

 

Which is far fetched, as Cersei will have a miscarriage early in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. If Tyrion is going to betray Daenerys, it will be such epic conflict that I can hardly wait for Martin to do that justice. Just like with Stannis, the layers and layers of decision making will be lost in the TV show. 

2. As for the reason for treason, Season 7 already established that he was feeling conflicted seeing Lannister army burning, fighting with Ellaria and finally, the entire boat sex thing. Tyrion does not want to ruin his family, something Dany and her allies have no problem doing. And I suspect that Jaime is not the only one Tyrion cares about. His conversation with Cersei showed some brotherly concern, as screwed as it may sound. It reminded me of Season 2 and 3. In the moments of greatest intimacy, the two of them, as bitter as they are, were always able to talk to each other.

3. Tyrion will most certainly feel pushed aside. I think it is the same sentiment Sansa felt throughout Season 7. And it can go two ways... First, it can truly show us how different cats (lions) and dogs (wolves) really are. Or it can connect the two and make them political balance to Jon and Dany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Risto said:

1. If Tyrion is going to betray Daenerys, it will be such epic conflict that I can hardly wait for Martin to do that justice. Just like with Stannis, the layers and layers of decision making will be lost in the TV show. 

2. As for the reason for treason, Season 7 already established that he was feeling conflicted seeing Lannister army burning, fighting with Ellaria and finally, the entire boat sex thing. Tyrion does not want to ruin his family, something Dany and her allies have no problem doing. And I suspect that Jaime is not the only one Tyrion cares about. His conversation with Cersei showed some brotherly concern, as screwed as it may sound. It reminded me of Season 2 and 3. In the moments of greatest intimacy, the two of them, as bitter as they are, were always able to talk to each other.

3. Tyrion will most certainly feel pushed aside. I think it is the same sentiment Sansa felt throughout Season 7. And it can go two ways... First, it can truly show us how different cats (lions) and dogs (wolves) really are. Or it can connect the two and make them political balance to Jon and Dany.

Yes, I don't think that pure pique would cause Tyrion to switch sides.  Perhaps, Daenerys commits one atrocity too many for him,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Yes, I don't think that pure pique would cause Tyrion to switch sides.  Perhaps, Daenerys commits one atrocity too many for him,.

Perhaps.  But it doesn't seem as if it's Daenerys he's betraying.

This is what Frikidoctor said

Quote

His treason is revealed in a scene shoot in studio with Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Arya and him. The info says “betrays the Starks”

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/9garcr/an_open_letter_to_the_freefolk/e63odrd/?context=3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when the season 7 leaks were coming out and I thought, there is no way that is what's going to happen. Then it did. I am having deja vu with that now..

I can see them doing a Tyrion betrayal but I feel like it's going to be rushed and not make a ton of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I remember when the season 7 leaks were coming out and I thought, there is no way that is what's going to happen. Then it did. I am having deja vu with that now..

I can see them doing a Tyrion betrayal but I feel like it's going to be rushed and not make a ton of sense.

"We wanted it to happen, because creatively it made sense."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alienarea said:

"We wanted it to happen, because creatively it made sense."

Ha!

Hopefully with all these leaks they are just trolling us all at this point. I mean, it is still going to be awful most likely. But at least a different awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how Jamie's court documents leak much.  

1) There is some conflict about whether the actor is in 6 or 4 episodes. 

2) He isn't in every episode of every season.  A character not in an episode does not mean he died, more likely he just isn't important to the plot of that episode. 

3). Several leaks have Araya wearing his face after he died, in which case the actor still gets paid 

4) Similarly, he could be around in a flash back and still get paid. 

 

From this, we don't know much of anything, except he probably doesn't die in the first half of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 12:04 AM, Error-504 said:

Which is far fetched, as Cersei will have a miscarriage early in the season. 

And Tyrion would know about this HOW!?

We will know, Tyrion will be sailing or riding North to Winterfell and will not know, neither will Jaime, unless Bronn hears abut it and bring the news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grail King said:

And Tyrion would know about this HOW!?

We will know, Tyrion will be sailing or riding North to Winterfell and will not know, neither will Jaime, unless Bronn hears abut it and bring the news.

Tyrion betraying Dany for Cersei is the most mind numbingly stupid thing I have heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Tyrion betraying Dany for Cersei is the most mind numbingly stupid thing I have heard. 

You totally don't see, he has no love for Cersei ; BUT JAIME"S CHILD is a different matter.

Also FD state's he's betraying the Starks, maybe WF burning or kidnapping Jon,Sansa or another.

But betraying the Starks or Targaeryn because he loved his niece and nephew he want to protect JAIME"S new child, he's NOT doing it for Cersei.

Edited by Grail King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×