Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

12 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Sansa ans Jon marrying makes alot of sense, this is the story of the Starks.

Why? I mean, I can see some scenarios where it could happen, but if Jon ends up ruling in the end and there's no Daenerys (because otherwise he'll obviously marry her), he already should have the North's support via being Lyanna's son. His marriage should bring support from some other region. I could see him marrying Sam's sister if the Tarlys end up in control of the Reach.

43 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Jon, king beyond the wall, with Dany, ruling over the ruins of Winterfell. The wildlings are not staying south, and without the NK threat they would leave north again. I’m sure Bran is saying Winterfell is Dany’s home in the trailer.

I think the Starks lose Winterfell, Sansa is stuck south, and can’t reclaim it because it will be north of a new wall and snowed in. Jon rules it.

Sansa marries Aegon/Golden Company leader.

I'll rewatch trailer but I doubt Bran is saying that - Winterfell will never be Danaery's home.

I think Clarke's comments indicate her doing something sinister in her final scene rather than her death. The future of Westeros will likely be Jon and Danys child. I hope I'm wrong but think coming back from the dead, Jon is on borrowed time.

After her abuse at the hand's of Ramsey it's unlikely Sansa will be seen submitting to another man, arrange marriage or not - the show just won't go there or is unlikey to shoehorn such an idea in.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I don't like the idea of J+S.

But I don't think Daenerys will survive. She is not fundamentally different from the others who rain war to get what they want. Her story is even bloodier in the books. And her challenges even harder. And what Emilia said seem to presage the worst for her character. I didn't thought the show would go this route. But they seem.

Alys Karstak is closer to Val. I would be OK with her and Jon. But they didn't promote her character last year. So nope. Yara is not fundamentally different from Euron. Between her and Brienne, I would by far prefer Brienne.

Alys,  Brienne... I would rather Jon just not be paired off. Either would be an off putting thought to end the show on and doesnt honour the story they're telling. (On a side note I'm sure the ruler of the Iron Islands would be worth more than Karstark or Tarth - though I can't really remember Brienne"s backstory)

56 minutes ago, HouseLancaster said:

I'll rewatch trailer but I doubt Bran is saying that - Winterfell will never be Danaery's home.

I think Clarke's comments indicate her doing something sinister in her final scene rather than her death. The future of Westeros will likely be Jon and Danys child. I hope I'm wrong but think coming back from the dead, Jon is on borrowed time.

After her abuse at the hand's of Ramsey it's unlikely Sansa will be seen submitting to another man, arrange marriage or not - the show just won't go there or is unlikey to shoehorn such an idea in.

"Everything you did brought you where you are now... where you belong... *punchline* HOME." /cuts to Dany arriving at Winterfell with her army.

For who else would it be a surprise that Winterfell is their home? Not Jon, not Sansa, not Arya. Dany. And it's a big deal because it means Bran is telling her she won't rule as queen of Westeros. It ties to her vision from the Undying. It forces her to accept her fate or go all Fire & Blood.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

I swear we need a course in arranged marriages, because it seems people fail to grasp the purpose of them.

No, you silly fools, of course they would marry for lurve! Jon just didn't know he always loved Sansa! OR he always knew but pretended to love dany to get her army and dragons! It is known.

>>For who else would it be a surprise that Winterfell is their home?

(Sorry, can't do multiple quote.)

Theon, for example. He grew up in WF; but as an outsider/ warden-hostage, and he betrayed the Starks.

Btw., I now believe Jon and Dany will die and Tyrion will rule them all. Certain rumors were just a ploy by HBO.

If the Northern Lords put the heat on Jon for bending the knee they definitely won't like him when he's a Targaryen who gave the North away to a Targaryen ...who wants to marry a Targaryen (apparently, I saw nothing like that for his part in S7)

They're not in the business of handing out prizes to Dany, who is mainly the one who would want this.

And the North Remembers is ALSO about what Rhaegar and Areys did to House Stark, so ....no, don't see it happening. 

Northern Independence always was, and will be, an obstacle for Dany.

35 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

If the Northern Lords put the heat on Jon for bending the knee they definitely won't like him when he's a Targaryen who gave the North away to a Targaryen ...who wants to marry a Targaryen (apparently, I saw nothing like that for his part in S7)

They're not in the business of handing out prizes to Dany, who is mainly the one who would want this.

And the North Remembers is ALSO about what Rhaegar and Areys did to House Stark, so ....no, don't see it happening. 

If Dany is pregnant from Jon, he won't want her to give birth to a bastard.

I think he gives up the KitN title, and Sansa doesn't bend the knee. In some of the film shoots pics he no longer had his breastplate when in King's Landing.

But then if Dany is rejected, what is she supposed to make of Bran (possibly) telling her all she has done was for her to come to Winterfell, her home? It would mean she will have failed to conquer Westeros, live on as a subject or some such (or so she would think, but I think what Bran has seen is she lives on in Winterfell after all is over, in its ruins). That I think will be the big question: Fire & Blood or no?

5 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

If Dany is pregnant from Jon, he won't want her to give birth to a bastard.

I think he gives up the KitN title, and Sansa doesn't bend the knee. In some of the film shoots pics he no longer had his breastplate when in King's Landing.

But then if Dany is rejected, what is she supposed to make of Bran (possibly) telling her all she has done was for her to come to Winterfell, her home? It would mean she will have failed to conquer Westeros, live on as a subject or some such (or so she would think, but I think what Bran has seen is she lives on in Winterfell after all is over, in its ruins). That I think will be the big question: Fire & Blood or no?

Why assume Bran is talking to Dany with that statement? 

14 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Why assume Bran is talking to Dany with that statement? 

Because it makes the most sense from the way the line is spoken (“home” is said like a surprise, so it can’t be to a Stark), and it cuts to Dany arriving at Winterfell as he says home.

10 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Because it makes the most sense from the way the line is spoken (“home” is said like a surprise, so it can’t be to a Stark), and it cuts to Dany arriving at Winterfell as he says home.

It's either Theon or Jon. They're the only two who make sense.

Dany is going to be struggling to keep the North in her pocket and dealing with Sansa's coldness to her. The leaks don't suggest warm fuzzies and hugs for Dany's arrival. Whenever she said she intended to conquer Westeros, that always meant burning Winterfell to the ground, so no, I don't think she's "home." 

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

Eh that makes no sense to me. Winterfell will never be Dany's home. It's Jon's and the Starks'.

3 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Again, how would they feel if Dany pulled her support for the North against the WW's? Does the North think they can defeat the WW's on their own, and then defeat the winner of Cersei vs Dany too? I mean come on! 

Silly Northerners, all pride, no brains. 

And big bad terrible Dany, Oh my Gosh, she burned the Tarleys to death!!!

Yet no one blinked an eye when Stannis was about to do the same to Mance, when he refused to bend a knee (although Jon killed him with an arrow instead).

No one blinked an eye when Ned beheaded someone.

No one blinked an eye when Jon beheaded Janos Slynt for not following orders. 

No one blinked an eye when Jamie forced Oleyna to drink poison.

And our Master Griller of them all, Tyrion, burned thousands to death in the battle of blackwater ( I guess there was no chemical weapons treaties in westeros). 

Yet, big bad Dany, after rightfully counter attacking the Lannisters when they had just killed one of her allies, murdered Olyna, had the audacity to kill the Tarleys. Never mind that she offered them mercy if they would join her. 

Moral of the story, beheading is ok, poison is ok, letting someone rot in a cell in a dungeon is ok, etc etc.

However, if you burn someone, well then you are terrible. 

LOL, I think people forget that this story is roughly based on mid-evil times. Randyl Tarley could still be alive, he made that choice.

So dany, instead of having your dragons breath fire on someone your about to execute, next time, have the dragons bite off their heads instead. This was you won't be labeled a tyrant. 

SMDH

3 hours ago, NonoNono said:

First choice: Jon, the next to talk. Second: Arya. Better, applies to both. Maybe even Sam, facing Bran when he talks.

10 hours ago, Xemi said:

Why? I mean, I can see some scenarios where it could happen, but if Jon ends up ruling in the end and there's no Daenerys (because otherwise he'll obviously marry her), he already should have the North's support via being Lyanna's son. His marriage should bring support from some other region. I could see him marrying Sam's sister if the Tarlys end up in control of the Reach.

I wrote a longer response, but the board lost it. Suffice it to say:

1) I dont think Jon will be any better at truly arranged marriage than Robb was. He will follow his passion.

2) Dany's time at Winterfell may go very badly, both personally and professionally. She will be out of the picture.

3) This is the story of the Starks, and I expect the family to play an outsize role at the end.

4) Jon now knows he is unrelated enough, in Westeros, to make marriage to a "sister" acceptable.

5) Jon has alot of passion for both Sansa and Arya and he had very good realtionships with them, it makes alot of sense for him to go to safety and family to build the new empire. Stark family will be running the whole place, with one King (Queen) in the North and at least one other on the iron throne.

6) Masie Williams said she needed to go back to season one to help her understand the storyline, this could mean anything but it could also be Jon and a "sister".

7) Why would GRRM write all this incest unless is a major storyline point? It makes sense from a storytelling standpoint to end with GRRM incest.

8) Based on the story Sansa makes more sense as Arya has been pretty asexual from the standpoint of her feelings, but either sister is my best guess.

Just my thoughts. Too many posts seem to think this is a true historical fiction piece where it needs to follow what "would" happen in the real world. This aint the real world, this is a story that was written and developed on few pieces of paper and then GRRM waxed rhapsodic for thousand of pages, but in the end it is a simple sotry written on a few pages of paper many years ago. It wont be nearly as complex as the books make one think.

9 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Btw., I now believe Jon and Dany will die and Tyrion will rule them all. Certain rumors were just a ploy by HBO.

Yeah, the series will totally end with a Lannister on the throne instead of a Stark or a Targaryen... not.

21 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

I wrote a longer response, but the board lost it. Suffice it to say:

1) I dont think Jon will be any better at truly arranged marriage than Robb was. He will follow his passion.

2) Dany's time at Winterfell may go very badly, both personally and professionally. She will be out of the picture.

3) This is the story of the Starks, and I expect the family to play an outsize role at the end.

4) Jon now knows he is unrelated enough, in Westeros, to make marriage to a "sister" acceptable.

5) Jon has alot of passion for both Sansa and Arya and he had very good realtionships with them, it makes alot of sense for him to go to safety and family to build the new empire. Stark family will be running the whole place, with one King (Queen) in the North and at least one other on the iron throne.

6) Masie Williams said she needed to go back to season one to help her understand the storyline, this could mean anything but it could also be Jon and a "sister".

7) Why would GRRM write all this incest unless is a major storyline point? It makes sense from a storytelling standpoint to end with GRRM incest.

8) Based on the story Sansa makes more sense as Arya has been pretty asexual from the standpoint of her feelings, but either sister is my best guess.

Just my thoughts. Too many posts seem to think this is a true historical fiction piece where it needs to follow what "would" happen in the real world. This aint the real world, this is a story that was written and developed on few pieces of paper and then GRRM waxed rhapsodic for thousand of pages, but in the end it is a simple sotry written on a few pages of paper many years ago. It wont be nearly as complex as the books make one think.

1)When have Jon and Sansa ever demonstrated romantic interest in each oher?

2)Dany dying is likely, I think. That doesn't mean Jon will marry his sisters instead.

3)Pretty sure Jon would consider himself more of a Stark than a Targaryen, him on the throne and his Stark siblings as his closest advisers looks like a pretty good position for the Starks to be in, in the end.

4)But why would he marry a "sister" when he has shown no romantic interest in them and there are more politically beneficial choices available?

5)He has a good relationship with them... as sisters. As I've said Jon + Stark siblings ruling means the Starks hold all the power in the end.

6)No idea how you inferred that Jon will marry Sansa or Arya from that statement.

7)Because incest is morbid and morbid drama sells.

8)Once again, neither have shown romantic interest in Jon, nor Jon in them.

Jon is one of the more duty driven characters in the series, if he survives to be king in the end he'll marry whoever is best for the realm, unless Sansa or Arya become the best option in that time he'll not marry them, Jon is already part northerner so marrying someone from the North would make little sense.

19 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Yeah, the series will totally end with a Lannister on the throne instead of a Stark or a Targaryen... not.

2)Dany dying is likely, I think. That doesn't mean Jon will marry his sisters instead.

3)Pretty sure Jon would consider himself more of a Stark than a Targaryen, him on the throne and his Stark siblings as his closest advisers looks like a pretty good position for the Starks to be in, in the end.

4)But why would he marry a "sister" when he has shown no romantic interest in them and there are more politically beneficial choices available?

5)He has a good relationship with them... as sisters. As I've said Jon + Stark siblings ruling means the Starks hold all the power in the end.

6)No idea how you inferred that Jon will marry Sansa or Arya from that statement.

Jon is one of the more duty driven characters in the series, if he survives to be king in the end he'll marry whoever is best for the realm, unless Sansa or Arya become the best option in that time he'll not marry them, Jon is already part northerner so marrying someone from the North would make little sense.

we will agree to disagree. This is a story and GRRM starts with a simple premise. Nothing GRRM-like in the winner marrying out of a sense of duty, I see no way GRRM writes this crazy story and ends it with the most expected and boring ending ever.

29 minutes ago, Xemi said:

And i am not being dismissive, but since you have three posts I point out that i am far from the only one who thinks Sansa and Jon get together.  The Arya -Jon is also not unheard of. A couple threads:

Archived