Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, Lady Anna said:

If this is true...... I can't even imagine the reaction from fans and critics. D&D are lunatics.

Where are all these Dothraki coming from? Didn't they all get slaughtered?

4 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

If this is true...... I can't even imagine the reaction from fans and critics. D&D are lunatics.

Imagine all those fans who named their kid Khaleesi and Danaerys. :blink:

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Where are all these Dothraki coming from? Didn't they all get slaughtered?

Well, we saw all their flaming arakhs go out, then D&D said they were extinct, and then the last episode said half the troops were killed so :dunno:

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Imagine all those fans who named their kid Khaleesi and Danaerys. :blink:

Maybe I am cynical, but those people deserve it (though I feel for the children). Stop naming your children after trendy TV show/movie  characters. Especially when the show hasn't finished.

7 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Episode 5 promo pics. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/game-of-thrones-photos-season-8-episode-5/

Dany is leaning against a pillar and her hair is scraggly. Not mad here, but definitely depressed more than I recall seeing her. 

That's on Dragonstone... not KL. So, that's before the attack of KL

I noticed a lot of posters on freefolk asking about Arya, and Cersei surrendering is illogical... I'm wondering whether that this bell-sounding for surrender is Arya's part, wearing Qyburn's face. She intended to kill Cersei in order to avoid bloodshed in the city (either she or Jaime succeeded), and sounds the surrender bells as Qyburn, followed by Dany channeling Dany turning Viserys+Connington plot.

That it was Arya who sounded the bells will be revealed before Jon kills Dany then, fitting that "Jon finally sees Arya"... as in everybody wonders "what about Arya????" after seeing the Clegane brothers dead without Arya's help, and Jaime and Cersei dead without Arya's help.

17 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Maybe I am cynical, but those people deserve it (though I feel for the children). Stop naming your children after trendy TV show/movie  characters. Especially when the show hasn't finished.

I have little sympathy with the parents (I can laugh at them), but their children certainly don't deserve that.

13 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

Inspite of my utter disdain for D&D’s writing/ storytelling skills, these two (if they take the Dany burning innocents route) would definitely not have her burning down cities if it didn’t come from Martin. For one, they are mostly cowardly in their writing and wouldn’t go there if they had an alternative. Secondly, they were fanboys of Khaleesi and fire-proof Dany (they even had her have a second unburnt moment just for awe and spectacle) from the beginning and I suspect would have had her sit the IT and rule forever if they could. If Dany burning innocents happens on the show, I’m pretty sure we’ll see that in the books as well. Her reasons and  context for doing it will, however, be very different in the books. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Did he? I’d love to read that... do you remember where/when it was?

NCW really did a superb job w/ the awful stuff he’s been given. Jaime is definitely not one of the Ds favourite! 

No, he isn´t. But I like NCW´s art of acting very much, so I was rather shocked when I heard ? or read ? that he was frustrated during the last seasons (I think from his return to Cersei´s coronation up to the moment he leaves her to go north) not being able to come to know where Jamie´s arc would end.

I try my very best to find this interview. It is promised.

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Hang on, the 3ER is NOT "on the side of humanity". It was 'humanity' in the form firstly of the First Men and then the Andals that waged genocidal war on the weirwoods, CotF and old gods.

On the side of life, should we say? :)

2 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

Benioff keep saying Sansa is his favorite, Idk about Weiss.

I think it's very strange that someone who loves Sansa so much appears to have made up a completely idiotic Marriage Strike plot for her, forces her to say it made her strong, and then seem to be completely unaware of her skills when she just stands there, openly talking about her political rivals in the crypts instead of comforting her people, or speaking about her grievances in private as she did before.

45 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Episode 5 promo pics. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/game-of-thrones-photos-season-8-episode-5/

Dany is leaning against a pillar and her hair is scraggly. Not mad here, but definitely depressed more than I recall seeing her. 

LOLOL  So, AGAIN, we are all just lining up armies outside of some insta cheap looking walls.  I can't believe Winterfell actually got better walls, that must have killed the Ds.  And, Varys actually walking with Jon?  Is he BEGGING to get burned?  OMG!!  The Stupidity is what still reigns and with these Ds it will be eternal, who cares about that stupid throne. 

22 minutes ago, Torienne said:

No, he isn´t. But I like NCW´s art of acting very much, so I was rather shocked when I heard ? or read ? that he was frustrated during the last seasons (I think from his return to Cersei´s coronation up to the moment he leaves her to go north) not being able to come to know where Jamie´s arc would end.

I try my very best to find this interview. It is promised.

I remember Nik talking about that scene where he finds out Cersei is preggers, and is happy for a second, and then they have Cersei tell him......never betray me again, and Nik says;  Oh, yeah, I'm sleeping with Darth Vader, LOL  It was like that was his way of saying, yeah, I know, this is stupid, LOL  He tells you things he feels about the events in a nice manner, without sounding like a jerk about it.  But, it's easy to read between his lines.

54 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:
  1. I'd expect that Dany is most definitely going to sit the Iron Throne, never mind whether she is going to die in the books or not. Anything else would make little sense.
  2. Well, we have to wait and see whether Aegon is already sitting the Iron Throne when Dany learns of his existence. I doubt Dany will go Westeros at once just because she might believe she has a nephew who might be in danger.
  3. I could see Euron kill one of the dragons, but I don't see him to become a dragonrider. Euron should be such a powerful sorcerer by the time these two meet that dragons are no longer all that important to him.
  1. I'm surprised you still expect this despite her Shade-of-the-Evening vision of not quite reaching the snow-covered throne itself under an open sky from the gaping hole in the ruined throne room's ceiling. I do presume you mean the literal and physical throne rather than the metaphorical one that represents her either seizing the reins of power over the Seven Kingdoms or being proclaimed or crowned the kingdom's monarch in some formal fashion.
  2. The advantage of having "one more Aegon" in the books is because it means that Young Griff will be calling himself Aegon VI Targaryen the sixth of his name, which means that Jon could make some claim to the seventh of that name if he were to reign following the Essosi pretender. Finishing up the line of Aegons with the mystical "7" number would be one of those things that Martin likes to do, and that certainly cannot happen in the show because the numbers would be off. Then again, pretenders don't get regnal names and numbers, or oughtn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to borrow precedent of Tolkien using a future "Durin VIIᵗʰ and Last" as a way of founding off the reigning Durins for all time and made the final Targaryen the seventh and last Aegon.
  3. What precedent in the created mythos of Martin's world is there for there ever being any sorcerer or sorceress so powerful as to consider dragons unimportant to him or her, the show silliness of their made-up Night King notwithstanding?  I feel like the very existence of dragons made sorcery far more important, as demonstrated by Marvyn's candles and the fire mages of mm Qarth? Volantis? who were doing actual magic not just tricks as before. I can't see any sorcerer actually brushing aside a dragon's importance, even if that were a greenseer who chose to wear the skin of fire made flesh for a joy ride.

59 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

well I heard that cersei goes insane from the bells (shame, shame) and blows up KL with wild fire. The populace blame dany. dany forces get lannisters to surrender, hence jon meeting cersei, but grey worm chucks his spear and spanner in the works. dany forces go wild.

jon thinks dany destroyed KL, when it is was really the wildfire. He kills dany because of this.

not sure which is worse. dany going mad and jon killing her or jon killing her not being aware that she was innocent of all this. think I prefer her going mad.

1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

Frankly, at this point, I would assume many "leaks" come from the production and are sanctioned by D/D. It's a trick to lower expectations so that people will be relieved that the endgame isn't as lame or ridiculous as we've been made to fear - when under normal conditions, fans would still come close to riot due to the absurdity and sheer idiocy of what they've come up with.

Wouldn't be the first time I see this in action. I'm 99% sure the worst rumors about Lord of the Rings movies (like Arwen fighting Uruks at Helm's Deep) were leaked on purpose and on order from Peter Jackson and buddies, so that book fans would breathe a sigh of relief when the adaptations didn't turn out that bad - PJ knowing full well that hardcore fans would be pissed off at some of his changes.

Archived