Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

On 1/6/2019 at 10:12 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

3 second HBO clip shown tonite during Golden Globes for GOT season 8 showed Sansa saying to Daenerys "Winterfell is yours, your grace". Daenerys then appears to smile. Reportedly from Daenerys arriving with Jon at Winterfell. At least some dialogue from characters.

Might just be a bit of trickery, with Sansa actually saying that to Jon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

But with Jorah in the back of that image, am thinking more and more that my suspicion that Jorah is going to relapse and that he already accidentally infected Dany might come true. . . 

Never heard this theory before. I would be interested in your ideas about this. If this is true than Jon is also highly at risk considering at least their boatsex scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Never heard this theory before. I would be interested in your ideas about this. If this is true than Jon is also highly at risk considering at least their boatsex scene. 

It just struck me when the camera focused so much on Dany and Jorah's hands when he came back. 

Showed a few times that they clearly touched skin-to-skin.

So far, neither books nor show has done much with the greyscale plotwise--but the show put a lot of time and money into it. And the books have spent time on it, too.

@Voice first suggested to me that Dany would be a dragon who returned to stone after being the one who woke dragons from stone. He suggested JonCon would infect Dany.

But the show has mixed JonCon with Jorah. And taken time on the greyscale--with no clear payoff yet. So, when I saw that scene last season, made me think that's where the show is going.

And yes--it should make us worry about the boatsex scene.

But the show has been illogical before--so could just have Dany infected and not Jon.

And the show could also just drop the greyscale off a narrative cliff--so, I could obviously be completely wrong about this.

But it would be sort of fabulously tragic for the ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorah also touched Tyrion right after he got infecte, and at the time I expected Tyrion to get the disease... So I think we can safely assume that Jorah didn't infect others just by touching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sly Wren said:

It just struck me when the camera focused so much on Dany and Jorah's hands when he came back. 

Showed a few times that they clearly touched skin-to-skin.

So far, neither books nor show has done much with the greyscale plotwise--but the show put a lot of time and money into it. And the books have spent time on it, too.

@Voice first suggested to me that Dany would be a dragon who returned to stone after being the one who woke dragons from stone. He suggested JonCon would infect Dany.

But the show has mixed JonCon with Jorah. And taken time on the greyscale--with no clear payoff yet. So, when I saw that scene last season, made me think that's where the show is going.

And yes--it should make us worry about the boatsex scene.

But the show has been illogical before--so could just have Dany infected and not Jon.

And the show could also just drop the greyscale off a narrative cliff--so, I could obviously be completely wrong about this.

But it would be sort of fabulously tragic for the ending.

Well, since Sam cured Jorah of his greyscale, he could cure Dany too. Or he might choose not to, since she burned his father and brother. That would make it even more tragic. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lunaselene said:

Well, since Sam cured Jorah of his greyscale, he could cure Dany too. Or he might choose not to, since she burned his father and brother. That would make it even more tragic. :)

While Sam may be upset/angry about Daenerys killing his brother (probably not so much his father) I don't think Sam's character is such that he would want to take revenge on Daenerys. But I guess anything is possible.

I tend to doubt the greyscale issue will reoccur in season 8 (at least so far as Daenerys being infected with it is concerned). I don't see D&D doing anything to progressively disfigure Daenerys. But of course I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Jorah also touched Tyrion right after he got infecte, and at the time I expected Tyrion to get the disease... So I think we can safely assume that Jorah didn't infect others just by touching them.

If the show were always consistent, I could buy this. 

But they've often fudge a bit. Or a lot. If Jorah relapses, that could change the game again.

5 hours ago, Lunaselene said:

Well, since Sam cured Jorah of his greyscale, he could cure Dany too.

Maybe--but if Jorah relapses, that would be proof that Sam's Maesters at the Citadel were right: the cure wasn't a cure. No point trying again on either Jorah or Dany.

5 hours ago, Lunaselene said:

Or he might choose not to, since she burned his father and brother. That would make it even more tragic. :)

:agree:

The death of Dickon is just hanging there, waiting to be used. The show hit it relatively hard last season. They've dropped stuff like this off of cliffs before, so they may drop it again. But it is hanging there, waiting to be used.

But I'm waiting to see Sam's horror that Jon has aligned himself with someone Sam will likely see as a monster. That scene could be very interesting. Jon doesn't yet know that Dany burned Sam's family alive--I don't think. And we saw his reaction to Shireen . . . 

1 hour ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

While Sam may be upset/angry about Daenerys killing his brother (probably not so much his father) I don't think Sam's character is such that he would want to take revenge on Daenerys. But I guess anything is possible.

I don't think Sam would be petty. But then, burning your relatives alive . . . that's not a petty thing for Dany to have done. That said, if Jorah does relapse, there's not point in repeating the cure. So, Sam's refusal would be moot.

Quote

I tend to doubt the greyscale issue will reoccur in season 8 (at least so far as Daenerys being infected with it is concerned). I don't see D&D doing anything to progressively disfigure Daenerys. But of course I could be wrong. 

Very likely. Just saying--they've spent a lot of time and energy and money on the greyscale thing with no narrative payoff so far.

The novels have set it up, too--with no clear payoff.

Seems like a payoff should show up. And Dany's dying of it. . . that would be a tragic payoff. . . Though clearly other options are very possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I originally thought that the show must have put greyscale in the story for a reason beyond Jorah, but, with only 6 episodes left, I'm not sure there is enough time for a greyscale epidemic subplot, and I don't believe that Dany will catch the disease, it is more probable the show will simply drop the plotline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sly Wren said:

If the show were always consistent, I could buy this. 

But they've often fudge a bit. Or a lot. If Jorah relapses, that could change the game again.

Maybe--but if Jorah relapses, that would be proof that Sam's Maesters at the Citadel were right: the cure wasn't a cure. No point trying again on either Jorah or Dany.

:agree:

The death of Dickon is just hanging there, waiting to be used. The show hit it relatively hard last season. They've dropped stuff like this off of cliffs before, so they may drop it again. But it is hanging there, waiting to be used.

 

Very likely. Just saying--they've spent a lot of time and energy and money on the greyscale thing with no narrative payoff so far.

The novels have set it up, too--with no clear payoff.

Seems like a payoff should show up. And Dany's dying of it. . . that would be a tragic payoff. . . Though clearly other options are very possible.

Maybe it would turn out to be the third "holy shit" moment of the story: Dany does become queen in the end, but then discovers that she's got greyscale.  Even worse if Jon is alive and married to her, and she realizes he'll eventually catch it too. (But don't get me wrong, I love Jon and Dany and actually want both of them to have satisfying endings. I just happen to be in the mood for crackpot theories at the  moment :) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I originally thought that the show must have put greyscale in the story for a reason beyond Jorah, but, with only 6 episodes left, I'm not sure there is enough time for a greyscale epidemic subplot, and I don't believe that Dany will catch the disease, it is more probable the show will simply drop the plotline.

I rather hope you are right. But we know they will rush through stuff if they want it.

  • The bloody dispatching of the Dorne plot.
  • Gendry's bizarre loyalty to his completely absent father--resulting in Gendry's saying, "hell yeah!" to the wight hunt for no discernible reason. 
  • Baelish's scroll trick.
  • Not to mention that horrifying RLJ reveal, complete with creepy voice-over during boatsex.

So, as the quote in your signature says--if they want it to happen, it will.

1 hour ago, Lunaselene said:

Maybe it would turn out to be the third "holy shit" moment of the story: Dany does become queen in the end, but then discovers that she's got greyscale.  Even worse if Jon is alive and married to her, and she realizes he'll eventually catch it too. (But don't get me wrong, I love Jon and Dany and actually want both of them to have satisfying endings. I just happen to be in the mood for crackpot theories at the  moment :) ).

That could work. And may be how the dragons leave the story too--they get the greyscale from Dany, and turn back into stone.

And I would love for them to have satisfying endings. But ever since Dany woke the dragons in the novel (let alone the show), I've been worried she's headed for a terrible end. 

However they end it--let's hope it's in line with the good writing they've shown us, not their bad patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lunaselene said:

Maybe it would turn out to be the third "holy shit" moment of the story...

My guest is the third "holy shit" is related to what Emilia said: "It fucked me up ... Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is…” I believe it is worse than dying of Geyscale and contaminating accidentally someone you love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Error-504 said:

dragons getting grey scale......good lord. Really?

It would be bizarre--and there's nothing about animals getting greyscale in the books. So, very, very unlikely.

8 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

My guest is the third "holy shit" is related to what Emilia said: "It fucked me up ... Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is…” I believe it is worse than dying of Geyscale and contaminating accidentally someone you love.

Agreed--and I do think we are going to see more monstrous behavior from Dany. 

But I do think there's also a decent chance she dies from greyscale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wanted her to go crazy and crash and burn since her Meereen arc, so I would love it if that happens, but, it goes against the story the show has been telling, they already sort of telegraphed at least the strong potential that Jon will die [him saying he doesn't want resurrection II], if he dies and Dany turns bad...that would be not only much darker than bittersweet, but just very strange storytelling.  Who knows, we'll find in a couple of months, finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I've wanted her to go crazy and crash and burn since her Meereen arc, so I would love it if that happens, but, it goes against the story the show has been telling, they already sort of telegraphed at least the strong potential that Jon will die [him saying he doesn't want resurrection II], if he dies and Dany turns bad...that would be not only much darker than bittersweet, but just very strange storytelling.  Who knows, we'll find in a couple of months, finally.

No, it doesn't go against the story. If it seems, it is because D&D plan to surprise us. There has been some "shit moments", like the Tarlys, the masters of Meereen... Against other moments where she is the nice girl. Everything is possible for Daenerys, She has the potential for the good and for the bad. But what Emilia said have me expecting the worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I've wanted her to go crazy and crash and burn since her Meereen arc, so I would love it if that happens, but, it goes against the story the show has been telling, they already sort of telegraphed at least the strong potential that Jon will die [him saying he doesn't want resurrection II], if he dies and Dany turns bad...that would be not only much darker than bittersweet, but just very strange storytelling.  Who knows, we'll find in a couple of months, finally.

And I could see Dany's being angry with the greyscale. . . assuming that madness from my brain happens.

I'm also really interested to see how Jon reacts to Sam's reaction to meeting his brother's murderer. . . will Jon sweep it under the rug? Or will Jon react closer to what he did over Shireen? Given these writers, I have no idea--but I am interested.

And if Jon breaks from Dany--might that make Dany do something awful?

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

No, it doesn't go against the story. If it seems, it is because D&D plan to surprise us. There has been some "shit moments", like the Tarlys, the masters of Meereen... Against other moments where she is the nice girl. Everything is possible for Daenerys, She has the potential for the good and for the bad. But what Emilia said have me expecting the worse.

Agreed.

Though I can't forget how much the actors and the showrunners have outright lied to us. . . so, who knows if Emilia is telling the truth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sly Wren said:

Though I can't forget how much the actors and the showrunners have outright lied to us. . . so, who knows if Emilia is telling the truth?

Well that would also require us to assume that she's talking about her reaction to Dany's plot at the end.  Which may not be the case because whenever she has been asked about Daenerys' final scene(s), she has dodged the question, and answered what it was like to film those scenes rather than her reaction to the scene(s) themselves.

So even if Daenerys does "good" at the end, everything in that quote may still be true; it simply depends on which context Emilia meant it in.  After all, she has also said this about filming the final season.

Quote

"Oh God, I get sleepless nights over it. 'Oh, you're gonna mess it up. It's the last season, and it's going to go wrong.' My mates are like, 'It's you—you [and Daenerys] are one and the same now. You need to trust your instincts!' And I'm like, 'No, I've got to do more research!' The higher everyone places the mantle, the bigger the fall. That sounds really awful, but it's true! I don't want to disappoint anyone, basically."

Source

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt like Emilia's various statements of going into a fog after she got the script and having to go for a walk and the other quote about this being a bad taste left in the audience about Dany sounded real to me, like she was really surprised at whatever happens with the character, and her reaction certainly doesn't sound like it's any kind of a happy ending.I had feared for a while that both Jon and Dany would die and Tyrion would raise their baby, that is probably the worst ending I can think of, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I felt like Emilia's various statements of going into a fog after she got the script and having to go for a walk and the other quote about this being a bad taste left in the audience about Dany sounded real to me, like she was really surprised at whatever happens with the character, and her reaction certainly doesn't sound like it's any kind of a happy ending.I had feared for a while that both Jon and Dany would die and Tyrion would raise their baby, that is probably the worst ending I can think of, LOL.

I generally agree. I find it significant that her VF comments already noted (which don't sound particularly optimistic)  relate to fans seeing Daenerys on screen for the last time (not just some time in season 8). Emelia also stated in the same VF interview in 5/18 that the directors had her doing do a lot of "weird shit" in season 8. Her comments were made very shortly after she completed her last scene and I would guess her feelings about it were very prominent on her mind. I also find it telling that in the many comments/interviews she has made since the VF interview (that I could find) she has never repeated (nor has she been asked about) the comments she made in VF, but rather her subsequent comments have been pretty much similar to what most all the other cast members have been making (i.e. surprising, unexpected, heartbreaking etc.). Its almost like she was told by someone (HBO/Directors) to  "cool it" (or perhaps she herself just realized that what she had said was not a good idea). Just my thoughts. I hope I am wrong. But I really would be okay with any ending for Daenerys as long as it is creative, well written, and acted. We shall see soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I felt like Emilia's various statements of going into a fog after she got the script and having to go for a walk and the other quote about this being a bad taste left in the audience about Dany sounded real to me

As far as I'm aware she has never been quoted saying her character leaving a "bad taste" in the audience, and there's definitely no audio of it.  The other quote about going out in "somewhat of daze" may be more telling, however, in some of her comments about Season 7 she genuinely sounded sad despite the worse thing to happen to her character being that she lost Viserion.  So again, it's difficult to tell without any sort of projecting.

17 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Emelia also stated in the same VF interview in 5/18 that the directors had her doing do a lot of "weird shit" in season 8.

The context in which the interviewer placed that quote in had to do with comedy/humor within Dany's character.  

17 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I also find it telling that in the many comments/interviews she has made since the VF interview (that I could find) she has never repeated (nor has she been asked about) the comments she made in VF

She basically reiterated those same comments in her Good Morning America interview, but the context is more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...