TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

Buck won the race but graciously let me open the thread, seeing as I obviously put more effort into the race and deserve it more ;) 

The first themes that came to mind were lewdness and the Rocky Horror Picture Show but been there, done that. But whether it's RHPS, that Crazy Ex Girlfriend stuff, or the song that must not be named, we all love us some music. I had this idea about all posts having to rhyme but nobody has the time or patience for that, including me. So, you know, go spam and post a song you like occassionally.

Disclaimer: Part of me thinks this name has been done before? Eh, I can change it later.

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

The confusion is only in your head. 1000th post wins, there has been no change relating to that.

Indeed.

Don't make me repack, I just packed my backpack for a few days at the translating workshop place.

Thank you. *curtsey*

This disussion is held after every other race :P

Nice ;) 

Music? Queen. 

That's easy. 

My mama feathers were rustled yesterday when we got a note home about the spawns behavior. Apparently he played with his snack and water bottle as if they were a gun. His punishment, per the teacher, was to not allow him to bring a snack or water to school today. 

That did not go over so well with the queen of thorns! Take away his recess, have him eat snack in isolation but no, you will not deprive my growing child of food or clean filtered water. And she had the nerve to tell me that her punishment was the logical punishment. Nope. Pretty sure all children have a basic right to water, food and bathroom usage. Still debating whether to take this to the principal/district. 

Parenting and adulting are so not fun at times. 

Song that must not be named. :lol: I admit, I actually had to click to see what it was.

So everybody should their avatars to fit the topic? Give me a minute.

Here is a song for you to pass the time. My favourite film from ages ago. I cannot believe I cannot find a whole movie clip, youtube is full of some remakes and covers, I just want the original song with picture.

44 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

This disussion is held after every other race :P

Nice ;) 

Whaaaaat is nice? *big innocent puppy eyes*

21 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

My mama feathers were rustled yesterday when we got a note home about the spawns behavior. Apparently he played with his snack and water bottle as if they were a gun. His punishment, per the teacher, was to not allow him to bring a snack or water to school today.

That did not go over so well with the queen of thorns! Take away his recess, have him eat snack in isolation but no, you will not deprive my growing child of food or clean filtered water. And she had the nerve to tell me that her punishment was the logical punishment. Nope. Pretty sure all children have a basic right to water, food and bathroom usage. Still debating whether to take this to the principal/district. 

Grrrrrr. Obviously bad behaviour needs to be stopped and he has to be shown that some things are not funny, but I agree that this punishment is absolutely unfitting. Good luck sorting the situation out. :)

26 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Music? Queen. 

That's easy. 

What the fuck? If you do take this up the food chain I can't imagine they'll ignore this.

Omg this is the first time in years that I'm away for two hours and there's more enough spam that I don't read back. WELL DONE GUYS. 

Musical - Romeo & Juliette 

but there's going to be a Robin Hood musical in October and I want to see that. I'm sure I said this before. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Omg this is the first time in years that I'm away for two hours and there's more enough spam that I don't read back. WELL DONE GUYS. 

Musical - Romeo & Juliette 

but there's going to be a Robin Hood musical in October and I want to see that. I'm sure I said this before.

I do not think you said that and I need details. :P

And it was just me and Fomney racing, didn't miss that much. Oh, you did miss my magnificent CExG post somewhere probably.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not think you said that and I need details. :P

And it was just me and Fomney racing, didn't miss that much. Oh, you did miss my magnificent CExG post somewhere probably.

I don't know any details, I just saw the poster on the side of literally every tram I got on :lol: 

lord sidious, you've had morning sickness all this time? :o glad to hear it's over! 

Oh and new non-flowery avatar! How did that happen? 

I wish @Neumond were still on the forum. She would join me in fangirling over Princess Insomnia. :read:

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

It is a character from Crazy Ex, I am being topic-appropriate. ;) It is not the most flattering photo, but the best one I could find.

34 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I wish @Neumond were still on the forum. She would join me in fangirling over Princess Insomnia. :read:

It is a character from Crazy Ex, I am being topic-appropriate. ;) It is not the most flattering photo, but the best one I could find.

(this one is a bit spoiler-y as it comes from Season 2, so Rhae ought not to watch...) 

Also I hated Jane the Virgin so much. :P 

Also, I think Buck did a pretty good job explaining CEG but @RhaenysB from what you said I don't think you will enjoy it. The music and OTT nature is an integral part of the show. Bloom is a musical theatre lover and she wanted to capture that in a TV show, which means big characters, lots of song and dance, and everything over the top. 

In terms of characters, I don't think they are actually horrible people so much as they are broken/damaged people who do awful things because of their problems. Rebecca is explicitly suffering depression and is in deep denial over that, as well as a myriad of other problems. Paula is obviously deeply weary and cynical and bored of her unfulfilling life and living vicariously through Rebecca. Josh and Greg have their issues, which are explored more fully throughout the series. These character traits and the actions that stem from them aren't just there to create comedic moments and drama, they actually are examined by the show in a critical way. While still managing to be funny. It's very cleverly done imo. But if you want characters you can feel good about this probably isn't really the show for you.

And I don't know how you can hate on the music :P it's the best part, I listen to the soundtrack in my spare time :lol: 

eta: I can't wait to hear the theme song for season 3. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't know any details, I just saw the poster on the side of literally every tram I got on :lol: 

lord sidious, you've had morning sickness all this time? :o glad to hear it's over! 

Thankfully no I’ve not had morning sickness all this time!, it went a good 8 weeks ago now :D.

Do we have to specify a musical or just music?.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, I see. 

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Also, I think Buck did a pretty good job explaining CEG but @RhaenysB from what you said I don't think you will enjoy it. The music and OTT nature is an integral part of the show. Bloom is a musical theatre lover and she wanted to capture that in a TV show, which means big characters, lots of song and dance, and everything over the top. 

In terms of characters, I don't think they are actually horrible people so much as they are broken/damaged people who do awful things because of their problems. Rebecca is explicitly suffering depression and is in deep denial over that, as well as a myriad of other problems. Paula is obviously deeply weary and cynical and bored of her unfulfilling life and living vicariously through Rebecca. Josh and Greg have their issues, which are explored more fully throughout the series. These character traits and the actions that stem from them aren't just there to create comedic moments and drama, they actually are examined by the show in a critical way. While still managing to be funny. It's very cleverly done imo. But if you want characters you can feel good about this probably isn't really the show for you.

And I don't know how you can hate on the music :P it's the best part, I listen to the soundtrack in my spare time :lol: 

No, the songs are really not my thing. I can see and appreciate and amount of work behind them but they are certainly not something I enjoyed. That's a personal preference. 

As for characters, I understand that they all have reasons (kinda, I guess) for their awful actions. (Though I would really love to listen to someone trying to justify what Rebecca pulled at the taco festival - no, not really) And I don't necessarily want a show with perfect people, I mean look at Orphan black, you can hardly say that the characters are morally good people and I loved almost all of them. Gregg and Josh are pretty "normal" at this point, while everybody else is a caricature though, which - for me - sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. In this particular case the problem is that they are caricatures of characters/personalities that I can't relate to or sympathize with on a normal level either (yes I know, I'm supposed to be able to sympathize and empathize with everybody but I'm only human and I can't). So Their over the top versions just make cringe every minute of every episode. For example, I get why Paula is the way she is with rebecca or why she pushes her to step out of her comfort zone the way she hadn't done so in her time. But god I find people, especially people older than myself, who try to peer pressure me (or others) to do something they had done or they hadn't done when they were younger or something I explicitly say I don't want to do sooooo irritating. 

I guess it's just not my cup of tea. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Thankfully no I’ve not had morning sickness all this time!, it went a good 8 weeks ago now :D.

Oh okay, that sounds better :D 

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*dances the Maya*

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

All agreed, all well said. I listen to the songs a lot and have to stop myself from singing in public.

Really wondering what the theme song will be like too.

No, the songs are really not my thing. I can see and appreciate and amount of work behind them but they are certainly not something I enjoyed. That's a personal preference. 

You dislike musical numbers on TV altogether or these especially?

What keeps these fresh is that they are all in various styles, sometimes most unpredictable. One of the best ones from season one is in 1920s Hollywood style, then there is a weirdo Bollywood number, a rap battle, some Disney-style songs, a ballad ...

Even if you decide to stop watching, look up We Tapped That Ass number. That one is probably my favourite.

(Though I would really love to listen to someone trying to justify what Rebecca pulled at the taco festival - no, not really)

He was hot. :P

21 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

For the record I’m way over morning sickness now and actually need a lot of :leer:.

Also you were overreaching again my young apprentice, return to your Star Destroyer and await further instructions.....

Much preferable :leer:

*sulks away*

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Just music. But musicals are good too.

greetings spammies....i been missing y'all...i see we got a new thread...cheers to Queen for life Buck and ex-King Bamm Bamm

here is a real musical to sink your teeth into

On 9/27/2017 at 4:09 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Music? Queen. 

That's easy. 

i agree that punishment was extreme ...however in our district here in SC just pointing and pretending is enough to get suspended for a couple of days...

On 9/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, Lord Sidious said:

For the record I’m way over morning sickness now and actually need a lot of :leer:.

Also you were overreaching again my young apprentice, return to your Star Destroyer and await further instructions.....

just for you...dark Lordess of the Sith....

:leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer:

and just for fun...
:spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

:smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex:

:kiss:

turns out 75 emos is the limit...

:smoking:

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*dances the Maya*

All agreed, all well said. I listen to the songs a lot and have to stop myself from singing in public.

Really wondering what the theme song will be like too.

You dislike musical numbers on TV altogether or these especially?

What keeps these fresh is that they are all in various styles, sometimes most unpredictable. One of the best ones from season one is in 1920s Hollywood style, then there is a weirdo Bollywood number, a rap battle, some Disney-style songs, a ballad ...

Even if you decide to stop watching, look up We Tapped That Ass number. That one is probably my favourite.

He was hot. :P

No, I like musicals, I dislike these in particular. Btw, I'm still watching the show (at episode 7ish)but I keep fast forwarding the songs. Still undecided about how long I want to go on with this... Every time I start thinking hey the show is okay, fine way to numb my brain with, they do something that makes me want to stab myself in the brain with a blunt pencil.  

:lol: 1. He wasn't. 2. Come on... 

whoooo my furniture is being built as we speak. Super exciting. 

And I talked my mom into coming to see that Robin Hood musical. she was like oh, but do you want to go with me? And oh but I want to pay for the tickets and oh but are you sure you want to go with me? :lol: It was cute but kinda silly. she got us (me and herself) season tickets last year and she only made it to one of the shows, so why wouldn't I invite her and pay for the tickets...? :lol: I'm really curious if this Robin Hood thing is going to be any good. 

Archived