TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I actually prefer dogs to drunk adolescents. Dogs bark because they have something to bark at, usually. College students get drunk and make noise at night in the middle of a work week because they are asshats. And I grew up with dogs in the yard so I don't even really wake up to them actually. Sorry the neighbor's dog bothers you, it must be awful to be woken up at 4 :/ 

I don’t think you should have a pet dog, clearly you need to keep a pet dragon as would be more befitting of your name, then when the drunk asshats wander into your neighbourhood and make noise at night, they will make more noise for a moment before they turn to ash and all is quiet once more.

5 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

A ghost?  what does it do?  I lived in a haunted house when I was like 5...it was really scary (we moved pretty quickly---found out it used to be a funeral home)

Mine mostly just sleeps in my bed and gives me cuddles. ;)

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

and yeah, it's flu, I feel suitably sorry for myself

Get better soon. Take god care of yourself. :grouphug:

Thank you and also @RhaenysB for explaining to Lany. :P

3 hours ago, Zar Lannister said:

You'll have to do with Jo-Ho-Ho (or was it Ho-Jo-Jo?) because I can't log in to my gravatar right now :(

Nooooooo.

3 hours ago, Zar Lannister said:

You know for a moment I thought you were talking about my apparition here :P

Nope. My supernatural entity is physically present!

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Ho Jo Jo is better than Joffrey Antoinette anyway. :commie:

Erm. No. Nothing beats Joffrey Antoinette. Even White Josh in an anteater costume.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I don’t think you should have a pet dog, clearly you need to keep a pet dragon as would be more befitting of your name, then when the drunk asshats wander into your neighbourhood and make noise at night, they will make more noise for a moment before they turn to ash and all is quiet once more.

My friend suggested I tip off the police anonymously, but this is much better and way less passive aggressive. 

@Buckwheat nooooo, don't remind me of the anteater costume :bawl::lol: 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

All of my friends are getting married. 

I did not sign up for this. 

I have an engagement party tomorrow, a wedding on Sunday and a civil-ceremony-in-advance-of-the-actual-wedding in two weeks. 

:cheers: I feel you brother. 

It's actually only Facebook friends so far, but god, it's annoying. And an actual friend, but the wedding is next autumn and she is 4 years older than me, so that's okay. 

7 hours ago, Zar Lannister said:

You'll have to do with Jo-Ho-Ho (or was it Ho-Jo-Jo?) because I can't log in to my gravatar right now :(

Boo you whore. Unacceptable! 

Being ill has some perks. I managed to read over half of The Book of Dust today between naps 

Stranger Things are coming...

1 hour ago, Zar Lannister said:

It'll pass, KiD; it'll pass. :grouphug:

(Hi... how are you?)

Heh, time will tell :P

I'm good, how you doin' Zar?

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

:cheers: I feel you brother. 

It's actually only Facebook friends so far, but god, it's annoying. And an actual friend, but the wedding is next autumn and she is 4 years older than me, so that's okay. 

It started with Facebook friends for me too. Then the real life ones all sneak up on you :P

12 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Boo you whore. Unacceptable! 

Being ill has some perks. I managed to read over half of The Book of Dust today between naps 

Stranger Things are coming...

Yes yes yes!!! I'm really excited about season 2. I liked the first season, but I'm a little concerned because this kind of story can be screwed up in a lot of ways. Fingers crossed it's going to be great! 

2 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Heh, time will tell :P

I'm good, how you doin' Zar?

It started with Facebook friends for me too. Then the real life ones all sneak up on you :P

Yay, I can't wait! 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes yes yes!!! I'm really excited about season 2. I liked the first season, but I'm a little concerned because this kind of story can be screwed up in a lot of ways. Fingers crossed it's going to be great! 

Yay, I can't wait! 

I'm worried because everyone (including me) now expects so much. That is a lot of pressure especially for a show with child actors as the protagonists. They were marvellous in the first season, surprising everyone, and I worry there is a lot of pressure for a repeat performance. I'm going to stay away from spoilers, reviews and all else till I get to see it for myself though, I don't want to be any more biased than I already am going in to it

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm worried because everyone (including me) now expects so much. That is a lot of pressure especially for a show with child actors as the protagonists. They were marvellous in the first season, surprising everyone, and I worry there is a lot of pressure for a repeat performance. I'm going to stay away from spoilers, reviews and all else till I get to see it for myself though, I don't want to be any more biased than I already am going in to it

Yeah, very true. I really hope they will do great this season too. It's such a good show, I really want it to work. I will probably start watching it tonight with sister. We'll see how that goes... 

bitchy rant 

Spoiler

Oh my freaking god, why don't I ever remember to book a train ticket when I travel by train once a year? There's NEVER a first class seat five minutes before departure and you just have to come to Eastern Europe and experience what second class is like. I mean I can only hope I will smell like meatball sandwich and not Tupperware stuffed cabbage... I hate trains. 

17 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

My friend suggested I tip off the police anonymously, but this is much better and way less passive aggressive. 

@Buckwheat nooooo, don't remind me of the anteater costume :bawl::lol: 

Yeah, I don’t think you could even get prosecuted, just say they were throwing rocks at the dragon.

What is all the fuss about Stranger Things?, does it actually get watchable?, I saw about 20 minutes of the first episode and turned off.

50 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah, I don’t think you could even get prosecuted, just say they were throwing rocks at the dragon.

What is all the fuss about Stranger Things?, does it actually get watchable?, I saw about 20 minutes of the first episode and turned off.

I'm pretty sure I would be fine, the other neighbors would testify in my favor, I can't be the only person who is annoyed by the bloody students. 

I liked it a lot, but one does need to switch to a certain mindwave to enjoy it. I actually don't know how they did it, I usually absolutely hate this type of sci-fi and I'm also not a huge fan of an 80s setting, but something along the way bought me. 

Ugh, come on, can I get off this stinky, wifi-less train yet? 

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Mine mostly just sleeps in my bed and gives me cuddles. ;)

I was very happy reading about your ghost :wub: 

22 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

All of my friends are getting married. 

I did not sign up for this. 

I have an engagement party tomorrow, a wedding on Sunday and a civil-ceremony-in-advance-of-the-actual-wedding in two weeks. 

21 hours ago, Zar Lannister said:

It'll pass, KiD; it'll pass. :grouphug:

Yep.  All* my friends are or are getting divorced ;) 

it's when they start talking about doing it again that makes me want to scream "DON"T!"

*not really off of them, but enough

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm pretty sure I would be fine, the other neighbors would testify in my favor, I can't be the only person who is annoyed by the bloody students. 

I liked it a lot, but one does need to switch to a certain mindwave to enjoy it. I actually don't know how they did it, I usually absolutely hate this type of sci-fi and I'm also not a huge fan of an 80s setting, but something along the way bought me. 

Ugh, come on, can I get off this stinky, wifi-less train yet? 

They’d definitely defend you :D, I’ve just finished reading the Sons of the Dragon short story, it was awesome, I wish he’d write some full length novels set in the years after the conquest.

I quite like an 80s setting in the right environment- more American Psycho than Stranger Things though, I suppose I just don’t have a good sense of whimsy.

Archived