TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I used to have a bookshelf and be very traditional and prefer paper books, until someone got me a Kindle as a present and I’m converted.

Also I don’t have have a boyfriend for my room and I’m happy enough :P.

Never say never but I don’t think I will convert to kindle. Who knows though...? 

Course you are, you have your fiancée and don’t want a boyfriend :D I, on the other hand, really want that dream boyfriend in the room :leer::drunk:

okay let’s quit all this leery talk and just go to sleep. I’m so tired. 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Never say never but I don’t think I will convert to kindle. Who knows though...? 

Course you are, you have your fiancée and don’t want a boyfriend :D I, on the other hand, really want that dream boyfriend in the room :leer::drunk:

okay let’s quit all this leery talk and just go to sleep. I’m so tired. 

That is true, and I know I’m very pregnant and not being my normal self here but I’m glad I have my beautiful,caring,thoughtful,very overprotective and amazing fiancée for my room :wub:, I’m sure you will find yours in 2018 and he will be all of those things too-except beautiful, change that to handsome for you :P.

Buckwheat and the joys of technology, a tragicomedy

Spoiler

So what you need to know is that up until this summer, I never listened to music using earphones. They feel uncomfortable in my ears, keep falling out and I just didn't bother to try to transfer music to my phone and get used to earphones. Last summer, I discovered the joys of a certain TV show that shall not be named, I conveniently had a new phone (the one given to me by the supernatural entity, for whoever remembers), and I decided to give it a try anyway because on long journeys by train, listening to music is something you can do to pass the time. So I somehow got used to using the earphones that came with the fancy new phone last Christmas while riding the bus and such. They still regularly fall out of my ears because apparently they don't sit well with my ears, but okay.

Today I lost the plastic thingy on the end of one of the earphones. Sad. Then I remembered that even my old phone came with a pair of earphones, which I never used. I went through a wardrobe with plenty of old things including old phones, and found not one, but two pairs of earphones that I never used before, from my beloved Blue Earth from 2010, AND from the phone I had before, I don't remember when I got it, maybe around 2007 or 2008.

I tried the earphones from 2010 first, and guess what, they work, first of all, and second, the sound is even better than with the new ones, or so it seems to me on the great sample size of the glorious song of I Gave You a UTI. Shocking. Then, for a joke, I tried the 2007 Ericsson earphones as well, those have these thingies you put in your ear quite wide, so that is problematic and I am not going to use them, but what the hell, the sound is really perfect, like you are hearing it from a normal loudspeaker and not a tiny one inside your ear. SO WEIRD, RIGHT?!

Anyway, the 2007 ones are too broad for my ears and the cable is ridiculously short (they have this extension thingy, but that one does not fit into the port of a smartphone, because, well, it was made for an Ericsson in 2007. So I am going to use the 2010 ones from now on, although their cable is also a bit short, definitely shorter than the new ones, but I think I can make it work, I can sit and have my phone laying on my lap and listen to music, I just cannot put it in my pocket like I used to with the long-cabled earphones.

So, what does that say about my, uh, being a complete grandma with technology?

Vain side-note: the new, long-cabled earphones are white. The old ones are black and do not fit that well with the white phone in a white case. Not as pretty.

TL, DR version: Use earphones from 2007 if you want to hear your music very clearly.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

That is true, and I know I’m very pregnant and not being my normal self here but I’m glad I have my beautiful,caring,thoughtful,very overprotective and amazing fiancée for my room :wub:, I’m sure you will find yours in 2018 and he will be all of those things too-except beautiful, change that to handsome for you :P.

Aw, that’s very sweet, I’m sure she very much appreciates that you’re hormonal when you say/think these things :D oh yeah I hope so, it would be great :drunk: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Buckwheat and the joys of technology, a tragicomedy

Reveal hidden contents

So what you need to know is that up until this summer, I never listened to music using earphones. They feel uncomfortable in my ears, keep falling out and I just didn't bother to try to transfer music to my phone and get used to earphones. Last summer, I discovered the joys of a certain TV show that shall not be named, I conveniently had a new phone (the one given to me by the supernatural entity, for whoever remembers), and I decided to give it a try anyway because on long journeys by train, listening to music is something you can do to pass the time. So I somehow got used to using the earphones that came with the fancy new phone last Christmas while riding the bus and such. They still regularly fall out of my ears because apparently they don't sit well with my ears, but okay.

Today I lost the plastic thingy on the end of one of the earphones. Sad. Then I remembered that even my old phone came with a pair of earphones, which I never used. I went through a wardrobe with plenty of old things including old phones, and found not one, but two pairs of earphones that I never used before, from my beloved Blue Earth from 2010, AND from the phone I had before, I don't remember when I got it, maybe around 2007 or 2008.

I tried the earphones from 2010 first, and guess what, they work, first of all, and second, the sound is even better than with the new ones, or so it seems to me on the great sample size of the glorious song of I Gave You a UTI. Shocking. Then, for a joke, I tried the 2007 Ericsson earphones as well, those have these thingies you put in your ear quite wide, so that is problematic and I am not going to use them, but what the hell, the sound is really perfect, like you are hearing it from a normal loudspeaker and not a tiny one inside your ear. SO WEIRD, RIGHT?!

Anyway, the 2007 ones are too broad for my ears and the cable is ridiculously short (they have this extension thingy, but that one does not fit into the port of a smartphone, because, well, it was made for an Ericsson in 2007. So I am going to use the 2010 ones from now on, although their cable is also a bit short, definitely shorter than the new ones, but I think I can make it work, I can sit and have my phone laying on my lap and listen to music, I just cannot put it in my pocket like I used to with the long-cabled earphones.

So, what does that say about my, uh, being a complete grandma with technology?

Vain side-note: the new, long-cabled earphones are white. The old ones are black and do not fit that well with the white phone in a white case. Not as pretty.

TL, DR version: Use earphones from 2007 if you want to hear your music very clearly.

Wow that’s... wow. 

WHY do you have earphones from ten years ago? And since there’s no earphone jack on my phone, the only earphones I can use are the ones that came with the phOne. I should actually pick up a new one Because the original is getting disgusting (even though I do clean it from time to time) 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow that’s... wow. 

WHY do you have earphones from ten years ago? And since there’s no earphone jack on my phone, the only earphones I can use are the ones that came with the phOne. I should actually pick up a new one Because the original is getting disgusting (even though I do clean it from time to time) 

Because ... they came with the phone and I never did anything with them and they stayed in my room?

Well, my phone apparently has a very basic usual earphone plug, so both old ones fit into it.

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

WOOOOOOW. This was very cool and very creepy at the same time. Gravatar just offered me to add avatars I had from 3-4-5 years ago! Omg, there were a couple I didn’t even remember I had here. 

Hah! I remember this one you have now.

17 hours ago, Quoth said:

Merry Christmas!!!

in to all my TTTNE buds. May all your wishes come true! :love:

Merry Christmas! Have some seasonal music:

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe the extra width is the reason for the better sound quality? If you're doing a lot of long trips, it might be worth picking up some headphones instead of earphones, though obviously they're bulkier to carry.

1 hour ago, felice said:

Maybe the extra width is the reason for the better sound quality? If you're doing a lot of long trips, it might be worth picking up some headphones instead of earphones, though obviously they're bulkier to carry.

Nah, that is exactly the reason I do not want to have headphones. I mostly use them when riding the bus to and from work, and I have to carry too much stuff with me as it is.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Because ... they came with the phone and I never did anything with them and they stayed in my room?

Well, my phone apparently has a very basic usual earphone plug, so both old ones fit into it.

Hah! I remember this one you have now.

I usually get rid of these things, they wouldn’t last 10 years in my room. 

Yeah, I will probably whip out a couple old ones for the rest of 2017. #tba (throw back avatars) 

got my hair done, finally it looks decent, and it cost unusually little. Maybe the stylist was junior? Or there’s some Christmas promotion? Whichever it is, I was a pleasant surprise. 

And now I have to figure out whether I want to have a peaceful lunch or rush around town to get presents for the next hour and a half. I think I’ll opt for the lunch and maybe get ONE present which isn’t across the city, but kinda along the route I’m taking to work. 

59 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I usually get rid of these things, they wouldn’t last 10 years in my room. 

Yeah, I will probably whip out a couple old ones for the rest of 2017. #tba (throw back avatars) 

got my hair done, finally it looks decent, and it cost unusually little. Maybe the stylist was junior? Or there’s some Christmas promotion? Whichever it is, I was a pleasant surprise. 

And now I have to figure out whether I want to have a peaceful lunch or rush around town to get presents for the next hour and a half. I think I’ll opt for the lunch and maybe get ONE present which isn’t across the city, but kinda along the route I’m taking to work. 

I don't get rid of the things that are still good and unused, "I might need and use them some day!".

Happy winter solstice, spammers! :commie::commie::commie: 

35 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't get rid of the things that are still good and unused, "I might need and use them some day!".

Happy winter solstice, spammers! :commie::commie::commie: 

Yeah, same here, it is when I find it two years later that I throw it out because I know I’ll never ever use it. 9 out of 10 times I don’t regret this in retrospect.

I still keep around my ten year old mp4 player, in case I decide to transfer the music to... my laptop? But there’s YouTube and Spotify and iMusic... To my iPod that I also abandoned like 4 years ago and since then actually lost? To my phone? I’m not even sure that’s possible, and again, there’s YouTube, Spotify and iMusic... I should probably get rid of that thing. 

Aww man... I don’t like ice skating. 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I don’t know, I just get bored after a while. It’s nice for the first hour or so but I’m not then I get fed up. 

Oh okay, yes. Everything gets boring after a while. I still prefer ice-skating to skiing though. I have not skied in years, and I don't miss it, but I want to learn to skate better.

Archived