Well-Fitting Foundation Garments

Mlle. Zabzie

22 hours ago, litechick said:

Having achieved a state of maturity wherein I have submitted to the necessity of washing one's foundation garments in a mesh bag and not putting them in the dryer (shout out to past boarders who have helped me reach this place), I am now confounded with the dichotomy of the mesh bag and the bra hook.

What the suffering fuck?  Hooks and mesh are natural enemies--they must clash.  Who is the heroine who will provide me with an alternative such that my foundation garments may breathe freely of water and detergent and yet not tangle in this visceral conflict?

I hook my bras shut before I put them in the mesh bag, keeps the hooks away from the bag.

Okay, so after our first shopping stint while being a bridesmaid for a friend, I have this to say on the subject of boned corsets:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Thank you. :P

---

To elaborate more fully: she's going for a "classic" look, by which you ought to picture, say, a cross between Jane Austen and rockabilly. We don't have to go with the super-squeezy and tight metal ones, just that the dresses themselves have boning in them to make a certain figure. It's not painful (at least, not in the short periods I've worn it) but so uncomfortable if you need to: bend over, lean forward, breathe, sneeze, not want to curse the bride, etc.

On the plus side, I do look amazing, if I dosay so myself, so there's always that. :D 

16 hours ago, Yukle said:

Okay, so after our first shopping stint while being a bridesmaid for a friend, I have this to say on the subject of boned corsets:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Thank you. :P

---

To elaborate more fully: she's going for a "classic" look, by which you ought to picture, say, a cross between Jane Austen and rockabilly. We don't have to go with the super-squeezy and tight metal ones, just that the dresses themselves have boning in them to make a certain figure. It's not painful (at least, not in the short periods I've worn it) but so uncomfortable if you need to: bend over, lean forward, breathe, sneeze, not want to curse the bride, etc.

On the plus side, I do look amazing, if I dosay so myself, so there's always that. :D 

Are you having a meal while in the corset? Just, you know, throwing that out there...

13 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

I don't remember who warned of the dangers of too-small panties, @Fragile Bird?  But I was wearing a pair yesterday and all I could think of was LYMPH DRAINAGE!!! Yikes they were uncomfortable.  My gf and I are different butt sizes.  Time to go shopping.

Yes, lymph nodes at the top of your legs!!!

But, comfort, primarily....

On 11/9/2017 at 11:22 PM, litechick said:

Re: garment wash bags

Hook the band closed before putting it in the mesh bag or use a tighter mesh bag. I use these ones:

InsideSmarts Delicates Laundry Wash Bags, Set of 4 (2 Medium & 2 Large) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PE1JJJI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_52CeAbYKSHEPN

And now I will rave about the wholly expensive but fantastic out of the box Bombas socks. Through constant social media blitzing and MC's need for new socks, I succumbed to their bee siren song. I bought the ankle for me and quarter height for MC and they are super comfy, wicking and cooling. I will wash them today  (using a garment bag) and see how they do with wear two.

6 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

I don't remember who warned of the dangers of too-small panties, @Fragile Bird?  But I was wearing a pair yesterday and all I could think of was LYMPH DRAINAGE!!! Yikes they were uncomfortable.  My gf and I are different butt sizes.  Time to go shopping.

OMG did you wear your gf's panties??!!??  You are so my girlfriends hahahaha

I had an internal meltdown one day when I found them wearing my panties.  No idea why.  

On 11/19/2017 at 9:13 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Are you having a meal while in the corset? Just, you know, throwing that out there...

Yes. :/

So thrilled about that, given leaning forward is hard. We're trying to change her mind about it, although she's pretty set on it. At least they're only a bit tight, rather than super restrictive; it's plastic not steel.

Apparently I'm supposed to be using cutlery to bring food to my mouth, not learning forward and eating like a pig. An attitude I am 0% on board with. :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I went to The Fitting Touch in Birmingham this weekend.  The sales reps there will FIT YOU.  Stress eating gained me another cup size.  My pal got properly fitted and bought some BEAUTIFUL garments.  5 stars.

I broke down and went to Kohls to buy bras this weekend.  They had a buy one, get one 50%.

Got two bras, but they still costs me $60 (the look on the husbands face at seeing they were $40 each was quite amusing---especially when I explained these were "mid-range" bras :lol: )

But they are worth every penny.  it is so nice to be wearing a bra that is not digging into me anywhere, nor too big or too small in the cup. Next payday I will need to get a couple more.

Archived