Secret Santa XII - Gifts are arriving!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

@Lily Valley @Lady Olenna @Turinqui-Calima (You cannot receive PMs so I couldn’t get in touch)

@Tywin et al. also expressed interest last year

forgot to add @Theda Baratheon and @honeyed chicken

I’m game, and as a non-practicing Jew I’m sure I’ll suck at it, but I think you’ll need a lot more people to make it work. Let this political organizer know if you need help recruiting. I’m pretty damn good at bothering people in to participating.

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

@Lily Valley @Lady Olenna @Turinqui-Calima (You cannot receive PMs so I couldn’t get in touch)

@Tywin et al. also expressed interest last year

forgot to add @Theda Baratheon and @honeyed chicken

Maybe? Have to think about it . . .

18 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Maybe? Have to think about it . . .

Great. Given my sloppiness with time I'm giving till around Monday/Tuesday to register interest.

@Fragile Bird are you able to contact sniffer off the board? I know he visits infrequently and if this goes ahead I need to know if he is still participating

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Tywin et al. said:

I’m game, and as a non-practicing Jew I’m sure I’ll suck at it, but I think you’ll need a lot more people to make it work. Let this political organizer know if you need help recruiting. I’m pretty damn good at bothering people in to participating.

We've had active Muslims, Jews, plenty of non-religious and I think a Hindu participate before.  I've only ever done Christmas as a secular event anyways.  It's one of the things I love about Secret Santa--it's more a secular thing, so everyone can join and have fun. ;) 

ps.  I am officially participating too :)

Thanks so much to Helena for organizing this year!

On 11/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Great. Given my sloppiness with time I'm giving till around Monday/Tuesday to register interest.

@Fragile Bird are you able to contact sniffer off the board? I know he visits infrequently and if this goes ahead I need to know if he is still participating

Sorry, missed this. He’s the one who alerted me, I’m sure he wants to participate. He’s just out of town at the moment spending time with a friend who had surgery, he’s due back shortly.

Ok so far we have:

Lany

Tywin

Mlle Zabzie

Fragile Bird

KiDisaster

rocksniffer

potentially honeyed chicken

Just a small batch, but that is my fault for having left it so late. If everyone is happy to proceed, please start sending me your questionnaires ASAP. You will find them on the first page of this thread. I’ll start a new thread tomorrow when I am on the laptop

4 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

We've had active Muslims, Jews, plenty of non-religious and I think a Hindu participate before.  I've only ever done Christmas as a secular event anyways.  It's one of the things I love about Secret Santa--it's more a secular thing, so everyone can join and have fun. ;) 

ps.  I am officially participating too :)

Thanks so much to Helena for organizing this year!

:P

I know, I've just always hate the office peer pressure to participate and people making a stink because you don't care about the holiday. Plus the whole "war on Christmas" nonsense just because you'd rather say Happy Holidays to be more inclusive. 

Archived