Star Trek: Discovery #2, set phasers to stunned.

SerHaHa

4 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It will be on AA, there is no way it won't. They want to keep people from dropping it so it will be Star Trek in some form all year round.

Netflix UK currently has all the trek TV shows so I'm hoping they have a long-standing agreement. Although I could see sky potentially trying to put a bid in for a picard show. Although I suspect Netflix has deeper pockets these days. 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:50 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It will be on AA, there is no way it won't. They want to keep people from dropping it so it will be Star Trek in some form all year round.

It will be on All Access in America, yes, but Netflix has the international Star Trek distribution rights which they negotiated with CBS (CBS doesn't operate in other countries).

A Star Trek animated comedy show called Lower Decks will be coming to CBS All Access. CBS already ordered 2 season for it.

CBS All Access has been forging ahead with new Star Trek programming, and the streaming network has just greenlighted a new show. Star Trek: Lower Decks is a half-hour animated comedy developed by Mike McMahan, a writer for Rick and Morty and the upcoming Short Trek "The Escape Artist." CBS All Access has ordered two seasons of the show, which will focus on the support crew on one of Starfleet's less important ships. There's no word yet about the time frame for the show.

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

A Star Trek animated comedy show called Lower Decks will be coming to CBS All Access. CBS already ordered 2 season for it.

A friend of mine has always wondered what the night shifts on star trek do and how it's lucky nothing eventful ever happened on their watch. This could be fun for a few episodes although I remain to be convinced it has legs.

It would be interesting to see how average people feel about living in the Starfleet utopia as we've largely seen those who are successful operating within the system.

Discovery must have done well for CBS because they are certainly milking the franchise. That or they just want in on the marvel and star wars franchise success/explosion.

It's made by the same people who made the ST:TNG Season 8 Twitter feed, which is brilliant.

Lower Decks was also the name of a key ST:TNG Season 7 episode which explored events on the ship from the POV of the "little people" who barely get a look-in. It was a very solid episode. 

Archived