Vegas Shooting

Which Tyler

Is this relevant?  One might think so, but in what manner and context?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/stephen-paddock-father-bank-robber-wanted-fbi-article-1.3536478

The brother of Stephen Paddock, the crazed gunman who killed more than 50 people at an outdoor Las Vegas concert on Sunday night, has revealed disturbing details about their past.

Eric Paddock told reporters Monday that their father was a convicted bank robber who was added to the FBI's Most Wanted list after escaping prison in the 1960s.

2 hours ago, Lew Theobald said:

Police officers, etc., also seem to have been targeted.

Clearly, you don't know what you are talking about.  When firing a weapon, full automatic, from a substantial distance, 32 floors above, you aren't targeting anyone specifically.  You're targeting the crowd.  Have you ever even fired an automatic weapon?

There were cops who died, both on duty officers and others attending the concert recreationally. It is doubtful they were intentional targets, but in trying to direct the crowd or even shield some civilians they were in the line of fire.

The background of the shooter didn't surprise me, generally if there are Islamist links those a found out very quickly, so when it wasn't reported it was a reasonable assumption that the perp was a white American.

The age did surprise me though, I haven't heard of a guy of this age engaging in a major mass shooting like this before.

5 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

A number of officers were hurt or killed.  Given the number killed, it may just be a coincidence that a number were officers.  I don't know.  

Because there were officers at the event, both on duty and off duty.  If there are a bunch of students who were killed, that wouldn't mean he was also targeting students.  

He shot into a large crowd with an automatic weapon from 30 stories up.  Hundreds of people were injured or killed.  It's a given that some of them would have the same professions.  

Just now, Ser Arthur Hightower said:

The background of the shooter didn't surprise me, generally if there are Islamist links those a found out very quickly, so when it wasn't reported it was a reasonable assumption that the perp was a white American.

The age did surprise me though, I haven't heard of a guy of this age engaging in a major mass shooting like this before.

I thought that the age of the shooter against congress was fairly advanced, no?

5 minutes ago, Ser Arthur Hightower said:

It is fairly rare for a perpetrator to be this old. However, the perpetrator of the Holocaust Museum shooting in Washington DC in 2009 was actually 89 years old. Though he only managed to kill one security guard before being stopped, I doubt if he would have stopped with one on his own volition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Holocaust_Memorial_Museum_shooting

5 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes, very upsetting.  And I think the toll might get much higher.  I have nine family members who were there on vacation, one already dead and my sister says my BIL isn't looking too good and that most of the people around where they had been standing were either shot or killed. 

I'm so sorry :(

[mod] Guys, I should not have to say this every fucking time.

If you go into a thread about a mass shooting that happened yesterday, and make it about disagreements you have with other users here, you are being a dickhead of the first degree. Scores of people have died, hundreds are injured, people still do not know if their relatives and friends are safe, and unless you are one of those people this is not about you.

Condolences, respectful discussion, facts, these are welcome. Engaging in interpersonal bickering? Get over yourself and put a bloody cork in it.

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes, very upsetting.  And I think the toll might get much higher.  I have nine family members who were there on vacation, one already dead and my sister says my BIL isn't looking too good and that most of the people around where they had been standing were either shot or killed. 

Sorry for your loss, and I hope your Brother in Law recovers.

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh dear goodness. I am so sorry for your family's loss. :( 

On 10/2/2017 at 8:59 AM, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry if this was already covered, but apparently, Fake News has just been running rampant on Facebook. I shit you not, but a popular report states that the shooter was wearing a Hillary t-shirt and shouting 'Allahu Akhbar'. Why not just make the fucker Puerto Rican while you're at it.

Archived