Who is the dumbest POV character?

My list would be:

1. Victarion - He is specifically written as a stupid man

2. Cersey - You hate her until you read AFFC. When you are in her head, you think she is not only awfull, but also plain dumb.

3. Robb Stark - Every decision he made after meeting Jeyne Westerling. 

4. Ned Stark - Honor is a good thing, but telling an evil queen in private that he knows about her betraying the king and knowing that her children, whom are heir to the throne, are bastards: fucking idiotic. 

Dumbest POV character:

Sansa - she ran off to the worst person she could possibly tell her father's secret plans to leave King's Landing to.

Dumbest character, Non-POV:

Brandon Stark - he rode to the Red Keep at the capital and threatened to kill the son of his lawful king.  This dumbass Stark deserved to get executed.

6 hours ago, Dragonsbone said:

My list would be:

2. Cersey - You hate her until you read AFFC. When you are in her head, you think she is not only awfull, but also plain dumb.

4. Ned Stark - Honor is a good thing, but telling an evil queen in private that he knows about her betraying the king and knowing that her children, whom are heir to the throne, are bastards: fucking idiotic. 

3. Robb's not a POV.

7 hours ago, Dragonsbone said:

My list would be:

I disagree. I mean, she does dumb things, but because she has been mindfucked by the prophecy, not because she's "plain dumb". If it wasn't for that, she wouldn't be so obsessed with Tyrion and Margaery, her "valonquer" and "younger, more beautiful queen". She's just seen her child die in front of her eyes.

6 hours ago, Wolf's Bane said:

Dumbest POV character:

Sansa - she ran off to the worst person she could possibly tell her father's secret plans to leave King's Landing to.

Dumbest character, Non-POV:

Brandon Stark - he rode to the Red Keep at the capital and threatened to kill the son of his lawful king.  This dumbass Stark deserved to get executed.

Sansa

Ofcourse Brandon would second the list if he were POV.  That was stupid to make an attempt on your king's son over a sister who ran off willingly.  Lyanna is not worth offending and disrespecting the royal family over.

Being dump does not depend only on intelligence but cunning,charisma, adaptability,luck,quick thought. For example Cersei after Robert's death handled things great but in FFC she was dump.

My vote is for Victarion. He lacks intelligence and is easily manipulated in his chapters by Euron and Moqorro. 

14 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

3. Robb's not a POV.

Yikess. I forgot that it was specifically about POV's. My bad. But still dumb as fuck though...

13 hours ago, mankytoes said:

I disagree. I mean, she does dumb things, but because she has been mindfucked by the prophecy, not because she's "plain dumb". If it wasn't for that, she wouldn't be so obsessed with Tyrion and Margaery, her "valonquer" and "younger, more beautiful queen". She's just seen her child die in front of her eyes.

That's debatable. There are more ways to react on a danger. She makes most of the time stupid decissions. That makes her dumb in my eyes. 

28 minutes ago, Dragonsbone said:

That's debatable. There are more ways to react on a danger. She makes most of the time stupid decissions. That makes her dumb in my eyes. 

She does plenty of dumb things, but plenty of smart things as well. She's managed to seize power, despite the disadvantages of her gender.

15 hours ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

Sansa

Ofcourse Brandon would second the list if he were POV.  That was stupid to make an attempt on your king's son over a sister who ran off willingly.  Lyanna is not worth offending and disrespecting the royal family over.

Depends on if she ran off willingly. In the books we don’t know.

2 hours ago, mankytoes said:

[Cersei]'s managed to seize power, despite the disadvantages of her gender.

But she has other bigtime advantages that have nothing to do with her intelligence: she was married to the reigning king (who she worked to kill). Her minor sons were on the throne, giving her stewardship powers at least. Plus, she has the Lannister family name and family wealth and family army, whereas the Throne itself just has a big stack of IOUs - many of them TO the Lannister family. Cersei didn't "manage to seize power"; it was there for her to exercise all along. She did. If Cersei fell off a log, would we be touting her brilliant mastery of gravity?

If there's one way that Cersei does excel, it's in having no moral bounds. Anything that can benefit her for the moment, she'll do, regardless of who it will hurt, the precedents it will overturn, the future problems that will result. Now THAT's stupid.

5 hours ago, mankytoes said:

She does plenty of dumb things, but plenty of smart things as well. She's managed to seize power, despite the disadvantages of her gender.

Cersei hasn't "seized power", though.  She became queen regent by custom after Robert's death, and she became the de facto ruler after other people were killed off.  Every decision she makes with her power is disastrous.

Catlyn Stark did the most idiotic stuff out of any POV, her releasing the kingslayer could have cost her Robbs life and hers and caused the North to rebel against the Starks. I mean I get it I have children my self but there was 0 percent guarentee in getting her girls back and 100 percent guarantee that she will turn Robbs bannerman and allies against him. Arresting Tyrion with no evidence is IDIOTIC and frankly not her place AT ALL and caused the WO5K. 

5 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Arresting Tyrion with no evidence is IDIOTIC and frankly not her place AT ALL and caused the WO5K. 

People continually misunderstand this.  Catelyn at that point had to either arrest Tyrion or let him go and tell the Lannisters that she's been secretly visiting Ned in King's Landing, which would tip them off about Ned's being onto their conspiracy (based on what Catelyn and Ned believe at that point).

3 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

People continually misunderstand this.  Catelyn at that point had to either arrest Tyrion or let him go and tell the Lannisters that she's been secretly visiting Ned in King's Landing, which would tip them off about Ned's being onto their conspiracy (based on what Catelyn and Ned believe at that point).

She was a fool to trust Littlefinger (along with a bunch of other characters). And to tell Ned to trust Littlefinger. Perhaps if Tyrion didn't recognize her and Ser Rodrik. And she was unnecessarily mean to Jon Snow (at least she doesn't order his death like Cersei did to Robert's bastards) for no reason at all. 

"It should have been you." Well, shite.

Catelyn made some bad decisions at crucial decision points. That's hardly controversial. However, if you look at the advice she gives Ned and later Robb, the way she's able to put together information and give strategic counsel, she most often makes a lot of sense. This makes people more inclined to trust her judgement when she errs - like trying to re-negotiate the marriage arrangement with Old Walder Frey.

Seizing Tyrion turned out to be a very bad idea, but on the face of it, it wasn't wrong. The little oaf shouted out her presence in a very public place where she was known, when she was trying to pass unnoticed. If allowed to go free, he'd be shouting it out all over King's Landing and every winesink and whorehouse on the way. Plus, Littlefinger had convincingly framed Tyrion for the attempted murder of Bran. She hadn't seen Petyr since he was a chastened, disgraced boy (and Cat never knew the half of it; when her father died calling for "Tansy!" and asking forgiveness, she had no clue Hoster was feeling guilty about aborting Petyr's bastard.) Petyr hadn't been a nihilistic, sociopathic snake when she last knew him, and in fact, almost nobody (but Varys) knew that was what he'd become. Plus, as far as she and Ned knew, Tyrion was a wanted man.

Freeing Jaime was dumb, dumb, dumb. Trusting a man celebrated as having "no honor"? But weirdly, in this case, he did.

A few dumb decisions under heavy emotional pressure do not a moron make. Let's get back to bashing Victarion, who really deserves the honor of "The Dumbest of the Dumb." How dumb is he? He could be an oarsman on the Silence! (rimshot)

30 minutes ago, zandru said:

Catelyn made some bad decisions at crucial decision points. That's hardly controversial. However, if you look at the advice she gives Ned and later Robb, the way she's able to put together information and give strategic counsel, she most often makes a lot of sense. This makes people more inclined to trust her judgement when she errs - like trying to re-negotiate the marriage arrangement with Old Walder Frey.

Seizing Tyrion turned out to be a very bad idea, but on the face of it, it wasn't wrong. The little oaf shouted out her presence in a very public place where she was known, when she was trying to pass unnoticed. If allowed to go free, he'd be shouting it out all over King's Landing and every winesink and whorehouse on the way. Plus, Littlefinger had convincingly framed Tyrion for the attempted murder of Bran. She hadn't seen Petyr since he was a chastened, disgraced boy (and Cat never knew the half of it; when her father died calling for "Tansy!" and asking forgiveness, she had no clue Hoster was feeling guilty about aborting Petyr's bastard.) Petyr hadn't been a nihilistic, sociopathic snake when she last knew him, and in fact, almost nobody (but Varys) knew that was what he'd become. Plus, as far as she and Ned knew, Tyrion was a wanted man.

Freeing Jaime was dumb, dumb, dumb. Trusting a man celebrated as having "no honor"? But weirdly, in this case, he did.

A few dumb decisions under heavy emotional pressure do not a moron make. Let's get back to bashing Victarion, who really deserves the honor of "The Dumbest of the Dumb." How dumb is he? He could be an oarsman on the Silence! (rimshot)

Big mistake for Catelyn: what sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade? 

On the other hand, Victarion is self-proclaimed dumb muscle. At least he knows he's dumb muscle.

Archived