Let's discuss dragon shit

A very good question!

Is dragon shit like bird shit? And do they "release" when taking wing to lighten themselves?

Or is it more compact?

And the million Dollar question - can it be used as fertiliser? Or weedkiller?

My theory is that dragon guano - as a product of magical beings - has magical weedkilling properties, the Roundup of Westeros, if you may. The proof is that the Field of Fire is still largely devoid of vegetation.

As dragonshit cut into the profits made by the Citadel from sales of their weedkillers, the Maesters have been slowly plotting to do away with dragons and regain their money making stranglehold on herbicides!

20 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

I bet Illyrio Mopatis, who deals in dragonbone and other stuff, will have shitty plots all over the place. :ph34r:

This is foreshadowed by Varys' "off the record" jab - "get your shit together, man!"

1 hour ago, TMIFairy said:

<snip>

And the million Dollar question - can it be used as fertiliser? Or weedkiller?

My theory is that dragon guano - as a product of magical beings - has magical weedkilling properties, the Roundup of Westeros, if you may. The proof is that the Field of Fire is still largely devoid of vegetation.

As dragonshit cut into the profits made by the Citadel from sales of their weedkillers, the Maesters have been slowly plotting to do away with dragons and regain their money making stranglehold on herbicides!

Death comes out of their mouths in the form of flames, but life comes out of their butt in the shape of poop.

But seriously, what I'm more concerned with how much do dragons eat? They're massive and would in theory need a lot of food. Since they're reptile-like and are most likely cold-blooded, they would need a lot less food for their size, but dragons are described as very hot, which implies that they're hot-blooded and their massive size would mean that they would need to eat their own weight just to live for one day.

Honestly, their eating habits mess me up.

2 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

Ugh. Bane this. We're not reddit yet.

As you wish:

You think Dragon shit is your ally? You meerely adopted the dragon shit. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see a dragon shit free area until I was a man. By that time it hurt my sense of smell. 

3 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

It should be discussed in dragon ass thread.

This is just a theory but I see a connection between ass log and house Blackwood. So Targaryen dragon shit may be connected there ... ;)

This also solves the dragon eating problem as dragons need the black coal or wood to fuel their inner fire. 

10 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

What  I like most about ASOIAF series is the detailed description of this complex world. But we never get description of dragon shit. I personally believe Daenerys as mother of dragons should give description of shitting babies.

Dragons don't shit. Any food they ingest is incinerated in their gullet 

Archived