What If Cersei and Jaime Had Different Fathers?

aeverett

12 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Yes, it is possible that the show wanted to create ambiguity. But I doubt too many show only fans speculate over Tyrion's paternity. He doesn't have the mismatched eyes or the dark streaks in his hair in the show. And the show hasn't mentioned Aery's partiality towards Joanna. Having Tyrion and the dragons together made for a good visual, which is what I think the show runners were going for.

They also didn’t have Quenten to set them free. Could also want to show that dragons are indeed intelligent. Possible also was an intentional red herring to the idea of three heads of the dragon idea knowing they were going to have vicerion killed.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:39 AM, Angel Eyes said:

On that note, I think that Tyrion's dark hair mixed with blond comes from his Marbrand grandmother. Jeyne Marbrand is depicted as having dark hair.

Tyrion is described as having blonde hair so pale it looked white (don’t have the exact quote) and from memory it was only his beard that grew in black hairs. That happens to a lot of very fair-haired men.

Well, this depends entirely what kind of twins they are. Usually, it's one egg that gets split in two. Or it's (what I think you imply) two eggs that just happen to form at the same time. 

I think it's highly unlikely. If one sperm made it go an egg, chances are one other of the millions will fertilize the other. The chances of one sperm making it while the others give up, die, or get lost is slim. 

But I suppose it's possible. This is a made up story after all. ;)

14 hours ago, maudisdottir said:

Tyrion is described as having blonde hair so pale it looked white (don’t have the exact quote) and from memory it was only his beard that grew in black hairs. That happens to a lot of very fair-haired men.

He also has black hair on his scalp:

ADWD Tyrion X:

Tyrion gave Penny’s shoulder a squeeze. Strands of hair, pale blonde and black, clung to his brow, and the rags of his tunic to his back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10.10.2017 at 1:16 AM, aeverett said:

Several people have looked at the idea that Tyrion might be a secret Targ, based on the idea that Johanna Lannister was raped by Aerys.  I've also seen videos theorizing that both Cersei and Jaime are the secret Targs for the same reason, but I've recently read about a situation where twins were born from two separate fathers.  Supposedly it's called heteropaternal superfecundation, and though its very rare in humans, it can happen.    How would this impact things, or would it?  Which twin would belong to Tywin and which to Aerys, and how would the truth be revealed in a drama that has no DNA testing technology?

Wow...we have reached a new level of tinfoil territory, that was thought to be impossible to reach. 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:16 PM, aeverett said:

Several people have looked at the idea that Tyrion might be a secret Targ, based on the idea that Johanna Lannister was raped by Aerys.  I've also seen videos theorizing that both Cersei and Jaime are the secret Targs for the same reason, but I've recently read about a situation where twins were born from two separate fathers.  Supposedly it's called heteropaternal superfecundation, and though its very rare in humans, it can happen.    How would this impact things, or would it?  Which twin would belong to Tywin and which to Aerys, and how would the truth be revealed in a drama that has no DNA testing technology?

Seriously? Have you forgotten when the storyline is unfolding (approx)? They don't have DNA tests in the middle ages, and have never heard of heteropaternal superfecundation.

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Seriously? Have you forgotten when the storyline is unfolding (approx)? They don't have DNA tests in the middle ages, and have never heard of heteropaternal superfecundation.

Just because you don't know something exists, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  What's more, they do have magic and apparently certain seers and gods that hold the ability to know things we need science to tell us.  If it were true, there are ways for it to be discovered, but how the characters would find out and what they'd do with the information is the question.  

3 hours ago, aeverett said:

Just because you don't know something exists, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  What's more, they do have magic and apparently certain seers and gods that hold the ability to know things we need science to tell us.  If it were true, there are ways for it to be discovered, but how the characters would find out and what they'd do with the information is the question.  

And how is this gonna be revelead in the books to the readers if it is actually true? It is a POV written series. How and most importantly WHO is gonna come up with this conclusion? This is a scienctific conclusion that no one in Westeros can achieve, due to the lack of scientific knowledge in Westeros. Chances are the same that someone comes up with the discovery of subatomic particles. How is this even possible for someone in Westeros to discover, even if true?

8 hours ago, aeverett said:

NO, there is not, which is my point. 

Something like this?

Bran tells people Jaime’s father is Aerys. Ok, Bran knows everything, so that must be true. Guess Jaime can’t be heir to Casterly Rock now, so it has to go to Tyrion. 

Oh wait, Tyrion is also Aery’s? Let’s give it to Cersei!

Cersei find enemies in Casterly Rock, so she blows it up with Wildfyre. White Walkers see the frightful Wildfyre, and they’re like, “Seven hells, let’s go back home beyond the Wall!” And so begins their long march, during which Jonerys kill off a lot of them.

And they never have to worry about the White Walkers again ... for a while. Eventually, the Wildfyre becomes a mere legend told to put the White Walker children to bed. So generations later, WW try to invade Westeros once more ... and the whole cycle starts again ...

Archived