Wow, I never noticed that v.16

34 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

"He did indeed. And soon after, Ser Denys left his pregnant Waynwood wife to ride to war. He died during the Battle of the Bells, of an excess of gallantry and an axe. When they told his lady of his death she perished of grief, and her newborn son soon followed. No matter. Jon Arryn had gotten himself a young wife during the war, one he had reason to believe fertile. He was very hopeful, I'm sure, but you and I know that all he ever got from Lysa were stillbirths, miscarriages, and poor Sweetrobin.

LF knew it was Lysa and not Catelyn who came to him.

24 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

That was after the duel. Wasn't there a night before, when he got super drunk...

15 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

The night of six dances.

Right... And that's the moment when Petyr believes he stuck in little finger in Catelyn's willing...

So, some weeks ago I have made connections between two child smugglings, Willem Darry with his four men not of the Kingsguard and also the group that smuggled Edric Storm with five of them accompanying him. We have more detailed information on the members of the second group.

I have never noticed

In both cases we have a brother of a dead King's Guard, Willem Darry in the first group and Rolland Storm in the second. Both of them were probably going to inherit their family lands; Bryce Caron having no close relatives alive and Willem possibly being Raymun Darry's brother.

In both cases the children's father and ruler of their lands is killed by Lannisters.

Now for some possible foreshadowing with perhaps a bit of foil:

- There's a new knightly order much like the King's guard; Winged Knights

- We have a brother of a dead King's Guard who is also standing to inherit their family lands, Andar Royce.

- We have the child of another ruler killed by the Lannisters, Sansa.

- Edric had a cousin, Andrew Estermont. Waynwoods are Sansa's cousins.

All of these similarities and these persons being in the same place makes me suspect that Sansa will leave the Vale not on horseback but she'll be smuggled out off the vale in a boat.

18 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

So, some weeks ago I have made connections between two child smugglings, Willem Darry with his four men not of the Kingsguard and also the group that smuggled Edric Storm with five of them accompanying him. We have more detailed information on the members of the second group.

I have never noticed

In both cases we have a brother of a dead King's Guard, Willem Darry in the first group and Rolland Storm in the second. Both of them were probably going to inherit their family lands; Bryce Caron having no close relatives alive and Willem possibly being Raymun Darry's brother.

In both cases the children's father and ruler of their lands is killed by Lannisters.

I realized this a few weeks ago as well, how similar the smuggling of Edric from Dragonstone was to Viserys/Dany's own smuggling from there. It's a really cool parallel. 

23 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I have never noticed

- We have a brother of a dead King's Guard who is also standing to inherit their family lands, Andar Royce.

All of these similarities and these persons being in the same place makes me suspect that Sansa will leave the Vale not on horseback but she'll be smuggled out off the vale in a boat.

Interesting connections. 

17 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Interesting connections. 

20 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

I realized this a few weeks ago as well, how similar the smuggling of Edric from Dragonstone was to Viserys/Dany's own smuggling from there. It's a really cool parallel. 

Thanks! I thought i posted that here but it seems it was in Jonsa thread and can't manage quote it with the phone.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Wasn't it just a kiss though?

Lysa only came to him after the duel or am I misrenembering something?

There were two nights Petyr slept with Lysa before he was send away from Riverrun. The first was the night Petyr attempted to kiss Catelyn but got rejected (the night of six dances). He got drunk, was brought to his bed before Hoster could see him like that, and was visited by Lysa later on. Because he was drunk, he believed he slept with Catelyn, while he actually slept with Lysa.

The second time was after Petyr had duelled Brandon, during the time he was still recovering at Riverrun. This time, he knew it was Lysa, who became pregnant as the result of the encounter.

"A man must be ashamed of the company he keeps, Arry," the handsome one said. "This man has the honor to be Jaqen H'ghar, once of the Free City of Lorath. Would that he were home. This man's ill-bred companions in captivity are named Rorge"—he waved his tankard at the noseless man—"and Biter." Biter hissed at her again, displaying a mouthful of yellowed teeth filed into points. "A man must have some name, is that not so? Biter cannot speak and Biter cannot write, yet his teeth are very sharp, so a man calls him Biter and he smiles. Are you charmed?"

Arya II, Clash 5

:o

Just a weak similarity between Aegon and Jaime.

Aegon marries his older sister Visenya out of duty but loves Rhaenys his younger sister.

While Jaime fucks his older sister and thinks he loves her, his real love is for his younger sibling. If Tyrion wasn't a deformed guy but a gal with no defects, I suspect he'd spend 10 nights with her for every night with Cersei.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, Corvo the Crow said:

I have never noticed

@LmL has a recent podcast that's in line with all of this.  I don't remember if the example of Willem Darry was used, but there are more....  I wouldn't dare summarize his podcast, but if you find this connection interesting listen to the podcast (blood of the other series) and you can see what the connections here really are all about.

13 hours ago, Tom Cruise said:

@LmL has a recent podcast that's in line with all of this.  I don't remember if the example of Willem Darry was used, but there are more....  I wouldn't dare summarize his podcast, but if you find this connection interesting listen to the podcast (blood of the other series) and you can see what the connections here really are all about.

I'd really appreciate if you could provide a link.

A very small thing, some parallels between Jon and Daeron the Good

Both are supposedly bastards  of their uncle(Rumors of Daeron being Aemon the Dragonknight's son) 

Both bind a foreign "realm" through marriage; Daeron marrying Mariah Martell and marrying his sisterDanaerys to Maron Martell

Jon arranging the marriage of Alys Karstark, who so looks like his "sister" to Sigorn Thenn and there was/is a possibility of him marrying Val.

In both of the arrenged marriages the sister married has another "suitor"( who is also a relative if it matters) that causes problems Daemon Blackfyre in the first and Cregan Karstark in the second.

In both cases "court" is filled with "foreigners", Dornish in the first and Wildlings in second and in both cases this is not received well, especially by neighbours of these new members of the realm, Marcher Lorda in the first and NW officers in the second.

4 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

A very small thing, some parallels between Jon and Daeron the Good

Both are supposedly bastards  of their uncle(Rumors of Daeron being Aemon the Dragonknight's son) 

Both bind a foreign "realm" through marriage; Daeron marrying Mariah Martell and marrying his sisterDanaerys to Maron Martell

(that's why his real name is Daeron)

Actually, there's an interesting progression with Jon in that he begins like his hero Daeron the Young Dragon with this idea of warring against the wildlings which he ends up doing, before he realizes that it's not the solution and moves to make peace with them like Daeron the Good did. I would also point out that both Jon and Daeron I were killed (in Jon's case it could be just "killed") under similar circumstances. Jon was born in a tower on the Prince's Pass and Daeron was killed on the Prince's Pass. The exposition on Daeron the Young Dragon in the Arys chapter was the most interesting thing.

On whole different note . . .

The Sack of King's Landing and the taking of Maegor's Holdfast is the same scenario as Theon taking Winterfell. In both cases walls were scaled. In Maegor's Holdfast, we had two small children and Rhaegar's heirs, Rhaenys and Aegon, were assassinated and at Winterfell we had Robb's heirs, Bran and Rickon, who are presumed dead by the population at large. 

6 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I'd really appreciate if you could provide a link.

I wish I could too, but I don't know how to link podcasts.  Google Mythical Astronomy of Ice and Fire or Lucifer Means Lightbringer and you'll easily find it.  I use the apple podcast app and its all easily accessible there.  

On 31/03/2018 at 8:48 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Is it ever said fire is effective against the WWs? I don't recall any instance... :dunno:

On 31/03/2018 at 8:58 PM, Widow's Watch said:

No, it's not said anywhere that I can remember.

What about the excerpts below?

Spoiler

"There's some enemies a fire will keep away," Gared said. "Bears and direwolves and … and other things …" (AGOT, Prologue)

Old Nan nodded. "In that darkness, the Others came for the first time," she said as her needles went click click click. "They were cold things, dead things, that hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every creature with hot blood in its veins. They swept over holdfasts and cities and kingdoms, felled heroes and armies by the score, riding their pale dead horses and leading hosts of the slain. All the swords of men could not stay their advance, and even maidens and suckling babes found no pity in them. They hunted the maids through frozen forests, and fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children." (AGOT, Bran IV)

Ghost ran with them for a time and then vanished among the trees. Without the direwolf, Jon felt almost naked. He found himself glancing at every shadow with unease. Unbidden, he thought back on the tales that Old Nan used to tell them, when he was a boy at Winterfell. He could almost hear her voice again, and the click-click-click of her needles. In that darkness, the Others came riding, she used to say, dropping her voice lower and lower. Cold and dead they were, and they hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every living creature with hot blood in its veins. Holdfasts and cities and kingdoms of men all fell before them, as they moved south on pale dead horses, leading hosts of the slain. They fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children … (AGOT, Jon VII)

"The armor of the Others is proof against most ordinary blades, if the tales can be believed," said Sam, "and their own swords are so cold they shatter steel. Fire will dismay them, though, and they are vulnerable to obsidian." (AFFC, Samwell I; ADWD, Jon II)

"They never came in force, if that's your meaning, but they were with us all the same, nibbling at our edges. We lost more outriders than I care to think about, and it was worth your life to fall behind or wander off. Every nightfall we'd ring our camps with fire. They don't like fire much, and no mistake. When the snows came, though … snow and sleet and freezing rain, it's bloody hard to find dry wood or get your kindling lit, and the cold … some nights our fires just seemed to shrivel up and die. Nights like that, you always find some dead come the morning. 'Less they find you first. The night that Torwynd … my boy, he …' Tormund turned his face away. (ADWD, Jon IX)

Archived