Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S4 - We Want to Be Here [spoilers]

HexMachina

Season 3 starts this Friday on the CW. Available on Netflix the next day for the UK, on "Eleven" in Australia from 19th October, and W Network in Canada from 13th October. I know there are a few here who watch And and more advertising can only be a good thing because this show is so funny and clever.

To whet your appetites, here is the first musical number of the season;

http://people.com/tv/season-3-crazy-ex-girlfriend/amp/

There is another available too but I'm not going to watch that one. I can wait 2 days :P 

I watched a bit more than the first season a while back and really enjoyed it, but got a little burnt out as I tend to do when binging tv shows. I saw an ad the other day promoting the third season, so I decided to start catching up, ended up watching a season and a half in a couple days. Gotta say, I'm not sure there is another show that isn't The Expanse that I'm more excited to see come back.

Excellent, thanks for starting this thread and linking the new video, H! :)

I love the new song there, with everybody we already know - I cannot believe George is still there and working for Nathaniel. :D

It is a relatively long and lavish musical number, but I did not catch any reference to it eating up all the season's budget or Darryl being played by a broom on a stand - is that good? :D

Okay, after watching this musical number a few times, here are a few details I noticed ...

Spoiler
  • White Josh does not wear sleeves even in a historical setting. And now he is carrying a gun? .O
  • Can anybody tell me what George says just before he gets fired (again)? I cannot make out what he says there. Okay, does he say "If I were her, I'd kill myself"?
  • Mrs. Hernandez sings - this is the first time we have heard her sing, right?
  • West Covina - only 68 000 paces from the beach! :D
  • The paper cups Darryl and Paula use are so out of place. Amazing. Just like the smartphones they are dancing with in the end.

I've never been left at the alter, but I totally get where Rebecca was coming from, as baking my feces into muffins is always my first thought when it comes to plotting la revonge.

25 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

This was fantastic:

Man, I just about died during that. I'm constantly impressed by how much this show absolutely skewers the genre, while at the same time is telling a really good story. It's kind of rare in satire/parody.

24 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Man, I just about died during that. I'm constantly impressed by how much this show absolutely skewers the genre, while at the same time is telling a really good story. It's kind of rare in satire/parody.

And also being emotionally intelligent about every plot point without us having to suspend disbelief.

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

And also being emotionally intelligent about every plot point without us having to suspend disbelief.

Exactly. It's a remarkably clever show imo. I'm also consistently impressed with how they manage to toe the line to keep it suitable for network television :P there are some videos online where Rachel has talked about the discussions she has in regards to doing that and some of the compromises. Period sex (the full version) was cut because of that for example.

i loved this episode from start to finish. But...do we not have an opening title song yet? :( 

Paula at the end of Generalise About Men though :rofl: 

If i remember correctly the first season premiere didn't have or changed its title song?  Or did I imagine that?  I imagine they like to let the season plot develop and earn the song first (instead of functioning like a recap for last season for instance), then bring it out for the remaining episodes, which could be starting ep. 2.  They advanced Paula's development and white Josh's development in the premiere.  Feels like we need asian Josh's perspective before we get the theme for the season.

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

If i remember correctly the first season premiere didn't have or changed its title song?  Or did I imagine that?  I imagine they like to let the season plot develop and earn the song first (instead of functioning like a recap for last season for instance), then bring it out for the remaining episodes, which could be starting ep. 2.  They advanced Paula's development and white Josh's development in the premiere.  Feels like we need asian Josh's perspective before we get the theme for the season.

You could be right. We got the season two song in the first episode (because it ends with Rebecca talking to the dancers and telling them they are all figments of her imagination) but in season one they didn't have a theme song in the pilot I don't think. I'm just impatient to hear it :P 

On 14. 10. 2017 at 3:01 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Exactly. It's a remarkably clever show imo. I'm also consistently impressed with how they manage to toe the line to keep it suitable for network television :P there are some videos online where Rachel has talked about the discussions she has in regards to doing that and some of the compromises. Period sex (the full version) was cut because of that for example.

I am pretty sure you have found it already, but just in case: here it is. ;)

Sometimes they make two versions of the same song and the more profane one, Rachel Bloom only posts on the Internet while the "clean" (dubiously) one finds its way into the episode and on their official youtube channel. I think I'm a Good Person differs quite strongly, for example.

On 14. 10. 2017 at 3:01 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Paula at the end of Generalise About Men though :rofl: 

She has sons. :(

I am impatient to see the new opening theme too. And to hear how Paula's education is going. I am glad she and Scott are on good terms again.

Also, White Josh and Darryl are the sweetest. I hope we get to see the anteater costume again.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am pretty sure you have found it already, but just in case: here it is. ;)

Sometimes they make two versions of the same song and the more profane one, Rachel Bloom only posts on the Internet while the "clean" (dubiously) one finds its way into the episode and on their official youtube channel. I think I'm a Good Person differs quite strongly, for example.

She has sons. :(

I am impatient to see the new opening theme too. And to hear how Paula's education is going. I am glad she and Scott are on good terms again.

Also, White Josh and Darryl are the sweetest. I hope we get to see the anteater costume again.

Yes there are a few with more profane lyrics, I'm so good at yoga is another example. 

Speaking of WhiJo and Darryl, I wonder why Dr Akopian was made the husband of Rebecca's Dr. Akopian. But yeah they are the sweetest. They are like a constant contrast to the dysfunctional stuff going on with Rebecca. You know actually confronting their issues in healthy ways and not going the copraphagia cupcakes and fake(real) sex tape route...

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Speaking of WhiJo and Darryl, I wonder why Dr Akopian was made the husband of Rebecca's Dr. Akopian. But yeah they are the sweetest. They are like a constant contrast to the dysfunctional stuff going on with Rebecca. You know actually confronting their issues in healthy ways and not going the copraphagia cupcakes and fake(real) sex tape route...

Probably just to mess with the viewers. :P

British Josh with all the accents was hilarious.

Did anyone catch the tune of Let's Have Intercourse in the background when Nathaniel was talking to Rebecca on her porch? I thought that was a nice touch.

Different to anything I expected (but really you can never guess with this show) but it works well thematically

"We hope this helps!"

"What?"

:lol: 

Eta: ha, I thought I didn't really like it but it's already stuck in my head. 

So why exactly did Rebecca call up a meeting with everybody in the law office (except Karen) if she wanted to make an evil plan with Heather, Paula and Valencia? Was it only to make a dramatic impression and to objectify Nathaniel on his way out, or did she actually have some "insiduous business" to discuss with them, but was interrupted by Nathaniel?

Darryl looked almost flattered when Nathaniel accused him of being nonsensical, didn't he? ;)

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So why exactly did Rebecca call up a meeting with everybody in the law office (except Karen) if she wanted to make an evil plan with Heather, Paula and Valencia? Was it only to make a dramatic impression and to objectify Nathaniel on his way out, or did she actually have some "insiduous business" to discuss with them, but was interrupted by Nathaniel?

Darryl looked almost flattered when Nathaniel accused him of being nonsensical, didn't he? ;)

To show everyone she is fine(tm) and has completed her metamorphosis from a poor broken woman who was jilted at the altar to a woman scorned. Similar to her desperate attempts to prove "I just happened to be here!" to everyonevin Season 1 I guess. So, closest to your first suggestion

10 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

To show everyone she is fine(tm) and has completed her metamorphosis from a poor broken woman who was jilted at the altar to a woman scorned. Similar to her desperate attempts to prove "I just happened to be here!" to everyonevin Season 1 I guess. So, closest to your first suggestion

Yep, that is what I thought. Basically, to make a dramatic entrance after her absence.

Archived