Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S4 - We Want to Be Here [spoilers]

HexMachina

So here is something I do not understand: are we supposed to understand that Nathaniel gave Heather money for a new car? Heather has just invested in a house and she has not been working at Home Base for long enough to save a big amount of money, surely she has no money for a new car now.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So here is something I do not understand: are we supposed to understand that Nathaniel gave Heather money for a new car? Heather has just invested in a house and she has not been working at Home Base for long enough to save a big amount of money, surely she has no money for a new car now.

It’s only leased, not a huge one off payment

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s only leased, not a huge one off payment

I had to look that up on wiki because not a first language speaker. :D Thanks, that makes sense. Maybe Heather even got the right to lease a car through her business, seeing how she actually has to drive around a lot for work.

I also keep reminding myself there was a big time-skip - Heather has been a manager at home base for over a year, not just a few episodes,  which could go to explaining some of this financial stability. (What the hell Hector does is another question.)

Yeah, that felt a bit back on track, though oddly I didn't like any of the songs. Some of the concepts were funny (evolution of a 60's band, country wedding,) but the execution felt milquetoast and the lyrics weren't as a sharp as they've ever been.

56 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

I also keep reminding myself there was a big time-skip - Heather has been a manager at home base for over a year, not just a few episodes,  which could go to explaining some of this financial stability. (What the hell Hector does is another question.)

Sure she did, but I do not think you save up a large part of a sum you need to buy a house in a year. Unless I have no clue about housing prices in that particular part of California, which is of course what this is.

I think Heather said he is a surf instructor. I have no clue how stable that is.

56 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Yeah, that felt a bit back on track, though oddly I didn't like any of the songs. Some of the concepts were funny (evolution of a 60's band, country wedding,) but the execution felt milquetoast and the lyrics weren't as a sharp as they've ever been.

I for one found some of the songs really funny, but am still waiting for another pun-filled song like We Tapped That Ass, The Math Of Love Triangles and Head In The Clouds. :D

On 11/19/2018 at 12:47 PM, Buckwheat said:

I think Heather said he is a surf instructor. I have no clue how stable that is.

I loved the detail that that was why Nathaniel was at her wedding. I didn't even think about it at the time, of course he would have had no reason to be at this ex-gf's roommate's wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Estrella! :crying:

Those women are so terrible to each other. I still love the character of Audra.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:43 AM, Starkess said:

I loved the detail that that was why Nathaniel was at her wedding. I didn't even think about it at the time, of course he would have had no reason to be at this ex-gf's roommate's wedding!

I thought it was odd that Nathaniel is interested in surfing, that is the weirdest thing about the line.

This was, again, weirdly enjoyable. 

I really like when Naomi is around, the dynamic between her and rebecca is always fun to watch. Also liked the whole Jewish mother daughter event with every detail. 

Not sure how Valencia has the influence to pull the strings of a celebrity (even a minor one) and still live in a 15 square meter flat. But then who knows, maybe New York really does work this way. :dunno: 

Josh is very adorable, but dude you live in California, why in the world would you use a dryer to dry your comforter? Put it out in the sun and it’ll be bone dry in half a day. It is also terrible that he killed Estrella. I hope Heather visits and identifies the new starfish as Not Estrella. 

I don’t get the reason for Paula or Darryl screentime. 

Nathaniel’s trying to be nice is very funny. I kinda wanna see Hector and White Josh again. And I want to see something HAPPEN to Rebecca’s pretzel business. She’s too much of a Type A personality to enjoy sitting around behind her pretzel stand. Build a franchise, sell it and start a new business or anything. 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Spoiler for next week

Hide contents

NEXT WEEK IS THE WEEK GREG COMES BACK! 

Maybe we get the math of love quadrangles....

Spoiler

I did not even recognise who it was supposed to be from that promo scene.

I am very impatient to see the next episode!

47 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Josh is very adorable, but dude you live in California, why in the world would you use a dryer to dry your comforter? Put it out in the sun and it’ll be bone dry in half a day. It is also terrible that he killed Estrella. I hope Heather visits and identifies the new starfish as Not Estrella.

Yes, please. This episode was all about honesty, and then abruptly, Rebecca said "eh, this is like the fourth Estrella, Heather does not need to know" - seriously? Are we supposed to understand that Rebecca actually learned nothing about honesty and responsibility? Or that these only apply to specific people and situations (her mother, her dating profile), but not to Heather for some reason? This business with Estrella made me very annoyed with Rebecca.

I still want to know how (the original) Estrella and Hector didn't go along.

Totally agree about Josh's dumbness. :D But seriously, how do you live for 28 years and not know how to cook at least some basic stuff, and make a bed?

I don’t get the reason for Paula or Darryl screentime.

Paula made sense this time. I was actually really glad to see some volunteering at the prison, Rebecca has mentioned it several times, but it was never actually shown till this episode.

Darryl a bit less, except for the fact that he reminded us again of how Rebecca does not want to even see Hebby.

I mostly don't get why Mrs. Hernandez was in there - literally her whole appearance was sitting in a meeting and then walking out. I assume there was a cut scene in there somewhere where it made sense why she should even be in the episode.

Nathaniel’s trying to be nice is very funny. I kinda wanna see Hector and White Josh again. And I want to see something HAPPEN to Rebecca’s pretzel business. She’s too much of a Type A personality to enjoy sitting around behind her pretzel stand. Build a franchise, sell it and start a new business or anything.

The pretzel business is unprofitable. Rebecca needs to find another job soon. And also learn how to be responsible with money.

Yep, Hector and White Josh were missed.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

I did not even recognise who it was supposed to be from that promo scene.

I am very impatient to see the next episode!

Yes, please. This episode was all about honesty, and then abruptly, Rebecca said "eh, this is like the fourth Estrella, Heather does not need to know" - seriously? Are we supposed to understand that Rebecca actually learned nothing about honesty and responsibility? Or that these only apply to specific people and situations (her mother, her dating profile), but not to Heather for some reason? This business with Estrella made me very annoyed with Rebecca.

I still want to know how (the original) Estrella and Hector didn't go along.

Totally agree about Josh's dumbness. :D But seriously, how do you live for 28 years and not know how to cook at least some basic stuff, and make a bed?

Paula made sense this time. I was actually really glad to see some volunteering at the prison, Rebecca has mentioned it several times, but it was never actually shown till this episode.

Darryl a bit less, except for the fact that he reminded us again of how Rebecca does not want to even see Hebby.

I mostly don't get why Mrs. Hernandez was in there - literally her whole appearance was sitting in a meeting and then walking out. I assume there was a cut scene in there somewhere where it made sense why she should even be in the episode.

The pretzel business is unprofitable. Rebecca needs to find another job soon. And also learn how to be responsible with money.

Yep, Hector and White Josh were missed.

I guess the message was that compulsive honesty can be as destructive and needless and compulsive lying. That’s what Rebecca summed up at Valencia’s - that she doesn’t have to share everything and get outside validation. The goal is - as  it is in every area of life - balance. Not sure if the Estrella thing was supposed to be funny or what. I mean that’s not outside validation, that’s owning up to not being able to keep fish alive. 

You don’t, Josh’s incapability at life was largely exaggerated. I mean even if you haven’t made spaghetti before, you most certainly know in theory that it’s not made in a pan in the oven. And you don’t take 20 minutes to put on a fitted sheet. 

But why did Paula do it? We should have seen Rebecca do it, imo. 

On the personal level I can completely understand why Rebecca wouldn’t want to see Hebby. But I guess they are going somewhere with this, that’s why they make a point out of it. 

The show isn’t consistent or realistic about Rebecca’s finances at all, so I don’t see that happening. :dunno: 

but I really want to see her do something with her life (And/or the pretzel stand). 

Alsp very curious to see where being flat mates with josh is headed. 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I guess the message was that compulsive honesty can be as destructive and needless and compulsive lying. That’s what Rebecca summed up at Valencia’s - that she doesn’t have to share everything and get outside validation. The goal is - as  it is in every area of life - balance. Not sure if the Estrella thing was supposed to be funny or what. I mean that’s not outside validation, that’s owning up to not being able to keep fish alive. 

There is a big difference between compulsive honesty like putting your mugshot on your dating profile and hiding the fact from your friend that their pet died.

Maybe I am taking this Estrella business too seriously, but I think it was very shitty from Rebecca. It also really negated the message of the episode.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, RhaenysBee said:

You don’t, Josh’s incapability at life was largely exaggerated. I mean even if you haven’t made spaghetti before, you most certainly know in theory that it’s not made in a pan in the oven. And you don’t take 20 minutes to put on a fitted sheet. 

But why did Paula do it? We should have seen Rebecca do it, imo. 

We did, right at the beginning. But there could have been more, of course.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:
  Hide contents

GREG WAS RECAST?! 

Hide contents

GREG WAS SERIOUSLY BROUGHT BACK AS A RECAST?! 

Hide contents

AND HE GOT BOTOX OR WENT BACK IN TIME OR WHY THE F DOES HE LOOK TEN YEARS YOUNGER?! 

THIS IS SOOOOOOO HORRIBLE. HOW COULD THEY?!

Spoiler

Wait, you only just linked these news to me in TTTNE yesterday. Now you are surprised? :D

Indeed he looks ten years younger. Maybe this is what not being in West Covina does to you?

Valencia and Father Bro. :wideeyed:

Also, yes, finally got to meet Susie Reynolds! :commie: She's a state senator now!

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

There is a big difference between compulsive honesty like putting your mugshot on your dating profile and hiding the fact from your friend that their pet died.

Maybe I am taking this Estrella business too seriously, but I think it was very shitty from Rebecca. It also really negated the message of the episode.

We did, right at the beginning. But there could have been more, of course.

Hide contents

Wait, you only just linked these news to me in TTTNE yesterday. Now you are surprised? :D

Indeed he looks ten years younger. Maybe this is what not being in West Covina does to you?

Valencia and Father Bro. :wideeyed:

Also, yes, finally got to meet Susie Reynolds! :commie: She's a state senator now!

I get what you mean, but then Estrella is a starfish and I don’t see how deeply Heather could have connected with her. That’s just my take on it, there’s a chance that she’d Actually be upset. It wasn’t a soft spot for me personally. 

Spoiler

That wasn’t me! I just linked you a random Greg. I think Helena posted that we’d see Greg this week, but I only read the headline so I never knew it was a recast. 

It was awful! 

I loved the Valencia and Father Brah but. It was perfect. 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I get what you mean, but then Estrella is a starfish and I don’t see how deeply Heather could have connected with her. That’s just my take on it, there’s a chance that she’d Actually be upset. It wasn’t a soft spot for me personally. 

Reveal hidden contents

That wasn’t me! I just linked you a random Greg. I think Helena posted that we’d see Greg this week, but I only read the headline so I never knew it was a recast. 

It was awful! 

I loved the Valencia and Father Brah but. It was perfect. 

To me it seemed that Heather cared about Estrella a lot, no you cannot really connect with her, but still. I think she would be upset.

Spoiler

You literally posted the link to an article saying he was recast under your happy birthday post. :lol:

Also, I think that it bothers me more that his voice is different than his face. I am so used to listen to Santino Fontana's songs.

I thought the Valencia part was really out of nowhere. Shocking!
Also the fact that George was at that high school and Josh did not remember him, but that was easier to understand and take as a joke. :P

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

To me it seemed that Heather cared about Estrella a lot, no you cannot really connect with her, but still. I think she would be upset.

Reveal hidden contents

You literally posted the link to an article saying he was recast under your happy birthday post. :lol:

Also, I think that it bothers me more that his voice is different than his face. I am so used to listen to Santino Fontana's songs.

I thought the Valencia part was really out of nowhere. Shocking!
Also the fact that George was at that high school and Josh did not remember him, but that was easier to understand and take as a joke. :P

Yeah that’s totally possible. So far it doesn’t seem like they are taking the story in that direction. 

Spoiler

Damn, I checked and I actually did. I just found the picture and copied its link, I never checked or thought it was from an article about the recast. :leaving: 

I don’t like this very young Greg. And the whole he’s a completely different person was too much. Not a fan of this decision at all, it makes no sense to me creatively. 

I really liked the George part too. That was me at high school :lol: 

As for Valencia, it was an amazing plottwist that Father Brah was her love. And it resonates beautifully with Josh and Rebecca’s romance ending because Josh “became” a priest. It was just very well done, I loved it. 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah that’s totally possible. So far it doesn’t seem like they are taking the story in that direction. 

Reveal hidden contents

Damn, I checked and I actually did. I just found the picture and copied its link, I never checked or thought it was from an article about the recast. :leaving: 

I don’t like this very young Greg. And the whole he’s a completely different person was too much. Not a fan of this decision at all, it makes no sense to me creatively. 

I really liked the George part too. That was me at high school :lol: 

As for Valencia, it was an amazing plottwist that Father Brah was her love. And it resonates beautifully with Josh and Rebecca’s romance ending because Josh “became” a priest. It was just very well done, I loved it. 

"Creatively, it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen." ;) Applies here.

Ooooooooh true! Father Bro went into priesthood, and Josh wanted to become a priest after Rebecca! Good catch.

Also, he is apparently the only not creepy priest Valencia knows

I love how much you seem to care about this show, even if you say you actually don't care about it. :P

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

"Creatively, it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen." ;) Applies here.

Ooooooooh true! Father Bro went into priesthood, and Josh wanted to become a priest after Rebecca! Good catch.

Also, he is apparently the only not creepy priest Valencia knows

I love how much you seem to care about this show, even if you say you actually don't care about it. :P

Exactly. 

I always liked Father Brah. 

I’m shocked at myself too. 

I have actually grown to care for not one but two shows this season that I had actively disliked before. But there were a couple good episodes in cxg and your fangirling in tttne also helped to convert me I suppose. 

Archived