Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S4 - We Want to Be Here [spoilers]

HexMachina

On 4/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, SpaceChampion said:

"The problem is... you don't know who you are."   I shouted EXACTLY!

But ... didn't she realise who she was several times by now? Like in Face Your Fears Reprise: "But now I finally have a sense of who I am inside." And I think there was another scene where she says the same.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:02 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Yes, they really really nailed the finale imo and successfully carried through the messages they have been trying to convey throughout the show. They clearly had a goal in mind and a message to send from the beginning and despite some “misleads” (which in hindsight, no i think they just reflecting that, to quote Josh Groban, life doesnt make narrative sense) they carried it through in this finale.

I agree, it was beautiful. Good use of red herrings, for a while I actually feared she was going to end up with Greg. But where was that song she said she was going to sing ... in the end of the episode? Then it just ended? Now we are supposed to watch the concert extra episode?

Loved the 11’o’clock song and all the throwbacks. How am i ever going to compile a best songs list now?

This was always impossible. ;)

The episode also makes sense of this season’s opening title btw, as the title sequence is all about “Meet Rebecca...wait no not her. Who is Rebecca? Erm....dunno, so lets just forget it.” Very clever

Actually I expected Other Rebecca to pop up in the fantasy sequence to make sense of the opening.

I still think it is odd that they spent so much time in this season on seemingly unimportant stuff and then skipped over the important part of Rebecca's journey in a time-jump in the finale. I get that they were going for the surprise though, and I think it was beautiful.

The only thing that didn't make narrative sense in this episode was the lack of Scott, actually! Why would Paula spend Valentine's Day apart from her loving husband? :P They are a pair the viewers would be much more invested in than Darryl and April, I assume!

Re: Paula's career, I think it is a fitting end. She found something she is really passionate about and now she can be the boss of her own firm branch/department, as I understand it, and is no longer the least qualified person in the office that does everybody's job, but is never recognised for it. The only thing I don't fully understand is how she was suddenly qualified to take on criminal defense cases, when an emphasis has been made on the fact that Paula was going to be a real estate lawyer (like Darryl, Rebecca, and Nathaniel). But I assume she would still be qualified to do it?

Shout out to George's growth, both personal and that on his head! :commie:

So Rachel explains why Rebecca's middle name was Nora, but what is even more amusing to me is that Nora (yes, written exactly like that) has a meaning in Slovene ... and it means "crazy". Literally. Like, if the show's title would ever be translated into Slovene, it would probably be named "Nora bivša".  I doubt Rachel or anybody in the crew knows this, but it is such a great coincidence ... (if I had a twitter account, I would probably reply there, but I don't, so spamming this thread it is).

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 12:50 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Cut for tine scene and song. Saw the title, knew exactly where it was from

@Buckwheat

Well that looks scary.

And relatable. Rachel, you've done it again.

I will have to see the video again once I have better wifi at home, because playing this loudly at a public place will get me funny looks.

• 11 months later...

Archived