NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

That's pretty umm, I have no effing clue what to say about that. Except it's pretty Dukish. I can't wait to show the wife and her entire family(all Duke fans).

In the twitter back and forth, apparently some Duke fan claims that its tradition... someone else fired back "saying it's a tradition doesn't make it any better."  :lol: 

You're right though... that's so Duke.

Kentucky is missing out by not offering the online option for their charity game it looks like

http

Though admittedly, the history of that game definitely drives significant additional buyers than MSU v UK would too.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:39 PM, Rhom said:

I didn’t know what I was getting into when I clicked on this, but I couldn’t help but laugh. :lol: 

Still waiting for @Greywolf2375 to retort.

Sorry, wasn’t avoiding it - hadn’t been on in a bit.

I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say they need at least FF to make people forget that a little bit.

So the latest slimeball to become embroiled in nefarious, pay-for-play NCAA chicanery is of course none other than...Josh Pastner?! :blink:

I don't like that Markel Crawford is apparently implicated in this, seeing how he plays for my team now (I know, Ole Miss player getting paid lolol).

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

So the latest slimeball to become embroiled in nefarious, pay-for-play NCAA chicanery is of course none other than...Josh Pastner?! :blink:

I don't like that Markel Crawford is apparently implicated in this, seeing how he plays for my team now (I know, Ole Miss player getting paid lolol).

The odd thing is, this isn’t even the Addidas deal.  It’s a rogue booster at... Georgia Tech?!!?

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

The odd thing is, this isn’t even the Addidas deal.  It’s a rogue booster at... Georgia Tech?!!?

It gets weirder. Guy is an ex-con (just got out of prison in 2013), but is close friends with Pastner and credits Josh with helping him sober up from drug addiction. According to Memphis media, part of the reason he's ratting on Josh (and himself of course) at this point is that Josh didn't call this year to wish him a happy birthday. You can't make this stuff up. :rofl: 

42 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Why is that odd?  Arizona isn't either.  Nor is Alabama.

No, I know they aren't Addidas "schools."  I'm saying that this latest thing isn't tied into the Addidas investigation at all.

And it all seems such small potatoes to get worked up over.  You've got shoe guys giving a kid $100k to go to Louisville, then over here you have Pastner's jilted Jewish daddy figure (read the article... that's actually what he is :lol: ) giving some kids a couple hundred bucks for clothes and food.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:30 PM, Rhom said:

Remember when the ACC didn’t want WVU in conference expansion because they “weren’t a match academically.”

:rofl: 

:crying:

On 10/14/2017 at 2:02 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

Which turned out to be a bullshit excuse when Louisville was brought in. Yep, I remember. 

These days I find myself enjoying a little revisiting of this article from time to time.  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/what-if-the-big-12-had-chosen-louisville-over-west-virginia-during-realignment/  Suck it, Dodd.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked for Friday.  WVU / A&M is (I think) the only ranked match-up and I'm excited to see the new iteration of Huggy-ball.  I heard A&M is missing some guys due to suspension, but I haven't really dug into it too much and WVU will be missing Esa Ahmad for half the year due to grades (I think) which is not good.  Ahmad's kinda hot and cold in terms of consistency, but when he's playing well WVU is very difficult to beat.  WVU will no longer have Adrian to be the top of the press and we lost a pretty good guard in Tarik Philip, but the rest of WVU's losses to graduation were not major contributors.  Probably most importantly my man Jevon Carter is back for his 48th season.  Should be a pretty damn good team again, so hope we can get off on the right foot.  

How fucking stupid do you have to be to shoplift in a place like China where I guarantee the penalty is not just a little slap on the wrist?  Is any item in any shop worth a stint in a Chinese jail?  They'll probably be able to somehow buy their way out of actual punishment due to the high profile nature of the case, but good God... dumbasses.  

42 minutes ago, S John said:

How fucking stupid do you have to be to shoplift in a place like China where I guarantee the penalty is not just a little slap on the wrist?  Is any item in any shop worth a stint in a Chinese jail?  They'll probably be able to somehow buy their way out of actual punishment due to the high profile nature of the case, but good God... dumbasses.  

How stupid do you have to be to commit any crime in any foreign country?  It blows my mind.

26 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

How stupid do you have to be to commit any crime in any foreign country?  It blows my mind.

Well, yea.  I've done a fair bit of travelling and 'don't do anything to get arrested' is right up there with 'don't lose your passport'. :lol:  I just think China is a particularly peculiar place to flout the rule of law as a foreigner, so I'm awarding bonus dumbass points for the UCLA boys.  

Archived