NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

12 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Bolden got laid out at the end of the half!  Konate and West have to warn him.  That was brutal; we'll see if he returns in the second half or if he's pulled out for a concussion.  

Yea, no me gusta.  I'm pretty sure I made a similar post last year, but games like last night are the reason why KU always wins the Big 12.  They don't drop games they should win like that.  I have watched TCU play a lot this year and I know that they are a good basketball team, but the fact remains that 8 games in, they are at the bottom of the conference and WVU is at the top.  You have to win those games if you want to stay in the hunt.  I wasn't too bothered by losing @ TTU or losing to Kansas in Morgantown (though WVU really blew it against KU) because you just are going to take a couple losses to the top half of the conference in a double round robin.  But games like last night... that's how KU ends up 2 games ahead of the pack.  

THERE IS NO REASON FOR AZUBUIKE TO STILL BE IN THE GAME!  Hack-a-Dok got us into the double bonus so get him out of there!  If we lose this, it's all on coach Self.

ETA: Yep, we had that, and Self let Kruger out coach him.

3 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

It's unreal. Absolute bricks too.

His form is abysmal.  Shooting right-handed and the ball comes off on the left side of his head.  Our coaching staff needs to work with him on it in practice, and then have our guards working with him outside of practice time.  Or hire Rick Barry as a consultant for a week to teach him how to do it granny style.

Well KU now a game closer to the rest of the pack.  Still in the drivers seat, but if they had won tonight I think that was going to be goodnight to the rest of the field on ending their streak.  A flicker of hope remains, but this has been a crazy year in the Big 12.  So much carnage and haven’t even hit the back half of the round robin yet.

16 hours ago, S John said:

Well KU now a game closer to the rest of the pack.  Still in the drivers seat, but if they had won tonight I think that was going to be goodnight to the rest of the field on ending their streak.  A flicker of hope remains, but this has been a crazy year in the Big 12.  So much carnage and haven’t even hit the back half of the round robin yet.

5 losses will win the conference for sure. Good chance the winner finishes with 6.

Nice try, @RedEyedGhost !  :lol: 

A University of Kansas Police spokesperson told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday morning that a man entered McCarthy Hall, the dorm that houses the men's basketball team, several times on Wednesday to offer "free-throw advice." Officers were called to the dorm around 3 p.m., but by then the man had left and was not identified or apprehended. 

LINK

The virtuous Murray State Racers (alma mater of yours truly) took down the heinous Morehead State whatevertheyares (alma mater of @Ded As Ned ).  Good to know that in the end, much like UK over UofL... good will always triumph over evil! :thumbsup: 

And on a more serious note, the game was nationally televised on ESPNU and Murray State head coach Matt McMahon wore an orange and blue tie in support of nearby Marshall County High School following the fatal shooting there earlier this week. :crying: 

On 1/21/2018 at 3:26 AM, Ramsay B. said:

My intramural team won the championship at ECSU in 1999. I'm pretty convinced we could run with and probably beat this years Uconn team. 

You cheat and you’re still terrible!!!!

On 1/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Rhom said:

The virtuous Murray State Racers (alma mater of yours truly) took down the heinous Morehead State whatevertheyares (alma mater of @Ded As Ned ).  Good to know that in the end, much like UK over UofL... good will always triumph over evil! :thumbsup: 

For as bad as we are this year, Morehead hung around and made your boys earn it.  I really miss Donnie Tyndall.  10 years show-cause for all that academic fraud going on at UNC seems kind of harsh. 

In other news, today is the Beat-Down in Morgantown!  :unsure:

Archived