NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

36 minutes ago, Triskele said:

WTF happened in this game?  I took a break when WVU was up like 16 and now Kentucky is up 4, holy smokes.

19-2 run in middle of the second half and then just a fight for the last 6 minutes.

28 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Down 17 in the 2nd half and we pulled it out!  I must eat my words... I didn't think they had it in 'em.  Witnessed some balls dropping tonight mayhaps. 

Oh ye of little faith

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

Oh ye of little faith

I was recording the game to watch delayed, and my neighbor (WVU fan) stopped by gloating about the big lead.  I almost didn't even watch the game, but glad I did.  We might not be an NIT team after all... but I do guarantee we'll be in the same bracket as WVU if we make the big dance.

On 1/22/2018 at 0:55 PM, Rhom said:

It also doesn’t help that Cal’s best recruiting assistant (Orlando Antigua) left right around the same time Capel returned to Duke.

Most of the recruiting experts I read put Dukes recent dominance at the feet of Capel.

Somehow they have become the “cool” school.  I miss the days of them being just the place where derpy white kids went to slap the floor.

That's Marquette now. Holy shit I've never hated a mediocre team more than these clowns, coached by Wojo.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

Calipari actually said that?  Awesome.

He might want to get that looked at.

Persecutory delusions are a set of delusional conditions in which the affected persons believe they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:

The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur.

The individual thinks that the perceived persecutor has the intention to cause harm.

According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in paranoid schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." They are also often seen in schizoaffective disorder and, as recognized by DSM-IV-TR, constitute the cardinal feature of the persecutory subtype of delusional disorder, by far the most common. Delusions of persecution may also appear in manic and mixed episodes of bipolar disease, polysubstance abuse, and severe depressive episodes with psychotic features, particularly when associated with bipolar illness.

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

He might want to get that looked at.

Persecutory delusions are a set of delusional conditions in which the affected persons believe they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:

The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur.

The individual thinks that the perceived persecutor has the intention to cause harm.

According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in paranoid schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." They are also often seen in schizoaffective disorder and, as recognized by DSM-IV-TR, constitute the cardinal feature of the persecutory subtype of delusional disorder, by far the most common. Delusions of persecution may also appear in manic and mixed episodes of bipolar disease, polysubstance abuse, and severe depressive episodes with psychotic features, particularly when associated with bipolar illness.

You just described half the Kentucky fan base.

Can someone explain Carolina’s ranking to me?  They are 16-6 (5-4, 5th in the ACC). Included in those losses are an absolute pasting by Michigan State (63-45), a loss at home to Wofford, and two straight recent losses (at VT, and at home to unranked NCST). Their best win is most likely at Tennessee – their only other win against a ranked team was home against Clemson, which shouldn’t count, since Clemson is not allowed by state law to win in that building. And yet they were a top 10 team prior to these rankings.

Upcoming games include @Clemson, Duke, @NCST, @Louisville, Miami, and @Duke. I could easily see them going 4-5 or worse to close out the regular season. Will they still be ranked, though? Definitely.

To top it all off; according to Bracket Matrix, UNC is currently the top 3 seed. MULTIPLE sites have them listed as a 2 seed.

Some underrated team is going to be lucky to see them in the tourney.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:02 AM, Rhom said:

You just described half the Kentucky fan base.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:01 AM, Ded As Ned said:

More than half, I'd say.  Present company sometimes included ;)

And besides, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Haha, at least you guys are cognizant of that fact.

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

Can someone explain Carolina’s ranking to me?  They are 16-6 (5-4, 5th in the ACC). Included in those losses are an absolute pasting by Michigan State (63-45), a loss at home to Wofford, and two straight recent losses (at VT, and at home to unranked NCST). Their best win is most likely at Tennessee – their only other win against a ranked team was home against Clemson, which shouldn’t count, since Clemson is not allowed by state law to win in that building. And yet they were a top 10 team prior to these rankings.

Upcoming games include @Clemson, Duke, @NCST, @Louisville, Miami, and @Duke. I could easily see them going 4-5 or worse to close out the regular season. Will they still be ranked, though? Definitely.

To top it all off; according to Bracket Matrix, UNC is currently the top 3 seed. MULTIPLE sites have them listed as a 2 seed.

Some underrated team is going to be lucky to see them in the tourney.

Looks like they're about to drop one at Clemson.  Could be out of the top 25 next week.  Florida done at Georgia too.

Archived