If you were Littlefinger

Angel Eyes

And you wound up in the same scenario that he did when he fell for Catelyn, challenged Brandon and lost? 

For me, I would, after amassing the power that Littlefinger had in AGOT, have Hoster Tully murdered. His ambitions were the root of Petyr's troubles because he didn't think Petyr was worthy of Catelyn.

11 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I suppose for me it would depend on if Catelyn loved me back. 

How would you know, if you were Littlefinger? Hoster didn't think Petyr was good enough for Catelyn (or Lysa for that matter) and that was enough to start a continent-wide civil war. 

I'd wait for the perfect situation to get revenge on Brandon Stark. Like for instance if one of his siblings went missing I'd have a lackey I'm in league with leak information to Brandon Stark and his entourage that the most powerful and crazy family in Westeros kid napped said sibling. That they were holding her, or him, against their will in their Castle, knowing the Wild Wolf would act rashly.

14 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I'd wait for the perfect situation to get revenge on Brandon Stark. Like for instance if one of his siblings went missing I'd have a lackey I'm in league with leak information to Brandon Stark and his entourage that the most powerful and crazy family in Westeros kid napped said sibling. That they were holding her, or him, against their will in their Castle, knowing the Wild Wolf would act rashly.

You know, I am one of those who believes that Littlefinger indirectly caused Robert's Rebellion. 

Plus after killing Hoster, I'd kill Edmure. Edmure's floppy fish will get him into trouble at some point...

"A fisherman grows weary of trying to catch an elusive fish. So he muddies the water, confuses the fish. It does not realize until too late that it has swum into a trap."

18 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

And you wound up in the same scenario that he did when he fell for Catelyn, challenged Brandon and lost? 

For me, I would, after amassing the power that Littlefinger had in AGOT, have Hoster Tully murdered. His ambitions were the root of Petyr's troubles because he didn't think Petyr was worthy of Catelyn.

I don't get the sense that Littlefinger is into petty revenge like that. His revenge is more on a macro scale, as in, "I will assume all power in Westeros and than make all my enemies bleed."

But having said that, Hoster died in the throes of dementia, all shriveled and wasting, but he was not all that old -- late 50s or early 60s, a good 10 years younger than Olenna Tyrell. I know some people die younger than others, but Hoster seems to be dying of extremely old age.

I keep checking to see if either Vyman or Utherydes Wayne might have some connection to Littlefinger, but the only thing I can come up with is the time Vyman "accidentally" read the letter from Cersei to Jaime begging him to return to King's Landing. That is exactly the kind of thing an informant would do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, Angel Eyes said:

LF needed to take down the entire house of Tully.  It's not just revenge.  It's about making himself lord of the riverlands and taking what was once Tully territory.

Up to DwD, things are going really well for LF: house Tully is deposed, their lands are now his, he has Lysa's only child and Catelyn's eldest child. If I was LF, I would assure that houses Stark and Tully are extinct and Sansa remains the only heir. I would do my best to become a father figure for Sansa and make good betrothals for me and her in Vale/Riverlands.

22 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Up to DwD, things are going really well for LF: house Tully is deposed, their lands are now his, he has Lysa's only child and Catelyn's eldest child. If I was LF, I would assure that houses Stark and Tully are extinct and Sansa remains the only heir. I would do my best to become a father figure for Sansa and make good betrothals for me and her in Vale/Riverlands.

Humm he can't reveal Sansa without becoming a traitor of Lannister regime which gave him legitimacy as Lord Paramount of Trident. He can hope Aegon takes over and makes Vale join Aegon and let him keep Trident as a reward.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:39 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Petyr has dreams of grandeur and power. I would be satisfied with all his wealth and brothels. I mean really, I would be sure I had a brothel in every major town and I would put my staff on tour so there would always seem like new blood in every whorehouse. 

1 minute ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Petyr has dreams of grandeur and power. I would be satisfied with all his wealth and brothels. I mean really, I would be sure I had a brothel in every major town and I would put my staff on tour so there would always seem like new blood in every whorehouse. 

He has no use of wealth if not for gaining power.

Archived