Favourite non-Great House in the North

Canon Claude

When it comes to the North, there are so many houses that get a lot of secondary focus so we can identify with them a lot more than the bannermen of, say, Dorne or the Westerlands. 

So which non/Stark and non/Bolton house do you like reading about the most?

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

When it comes to the North, there are so many houses that get a lot of secondary focus so we can identify with them a lot more than the bannermen of, say, Dorne or the Westerlands. 

House Dustin.  Barbrey has an understandable grudge against the Starks.  I don't ever want to see the Starks ruling the north again.  Here's to hoping Barbrey Dustin is really loyal to Roose.

6 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

I know it's going to be top of everyone's list but I have to answer: House Manderly

On 21/10/2017 at 3:45 AM, Canon Claude said:

All the Northern Houses are so different and diverse it is hard to pick favourites.

Having said, House Mormont of Bear Island is a bloody legend. Look at the roster we already have for them: Jeor "The Old Bear" Mormont, Jorah Mormont, the HBIC herself Maege Mormont and her she-bear daughters (who may or may not be Tormund's daughters!) - poor Dacy, good ol' Alys, and even little Lyanna has some spunk in her for sending that message to Stannis. If these ladies are anything to go by, I'm sure Jory and Lyra are great too.

Let me provide an honourable mention for House Manderly for giving the world everyone's favourite Frey basher (and baker), Wyman 'Too-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse' Manderly himself. Finally, let us not forget our mysterious and secretive gatekeepers of the North and leaders of the "bog devils" themselves, House Reed. With the plucky crannogkids who travel with Bran and their introverted father who knows so much yet won't step out of his marshes to reveal them. One day, maybe. One day.

Archived