The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

Entertaining episode. Things that I noticed:
1.) Who needs ammo? 

2.) Enough time passes by for Judith to age a year or so but not enough time for Maggie to show a baby bump

3.) Zombies move at a snails pace but keep up with Daryl on a motorcycle

4.) Rick has pinpoint accuracy until Negan is lying on the ground and can't hit shit

5.) Rick expects Negan to walk outside the Sanctuary when they arrive, but there's no one with a rifle posted up to put one between his eyes

Overall I enjoyed the episode, but those are the things that eat at me. /Complaining.

6 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Entertaining episode. Things that I noticed:

4.) Rick has pinpoint accuracy until Negan is lying on the ground and can't hit shit

5.) Rick expects Negan to walk outside the Sanctuary when they arrive, but there's no one with a rifle posted up to put one between his eyes.

Just an addition to this point. 25+ people shooting at 5 on the balcony, and not one got hit. While we see Daryl shoot with a pistol while on a motorcycle. 

Also, Gabriel why? 

But I agree it was entertaining overall. 

Entertaining, yes, but sooo stupid. I agree with the above observations.

The attack on the Sanctuary was really just a victory for morale, as Negan's losses were minimal, and the alliance used up a lot of bullets, fuel, and explosives for it. (which of course doesn't matter in magic walker land) 

But taking out the lookout stations, and attacking other outposts simultaneously is a good plan. I suppose the plan is, that while the Sanctuary is busy cleaning up the walker mess, the alliance goes for the outposts. They also need to put the Scavengers in their place for their betrayal. But we'll see how smart this plan really is.

Hey dont neglect how much of a mess all that glass is going to make.  That's a lot of cleanup. Especially as that big room doubles as mess hall, farmers market and execution chamber.  Maybe the bulk of Neganss people were eating dinner and so got a lot of glass in their food!  Holy shit!

You can always count on Gabriel to be a bonehead. SMH always with him.

Rosita and Michonne still my faves.

Watched some of the Talking Dead which celebrated the 100th episode, it was neat because all the cast was on and many returned from seasons past.

I will watch this show until it tends... I am a sucker for it... but the lazy writing is infuriating... how many times is Negan going to walk out in front of them when they are armed? --ie, Carl hiding in the truck, decides not to shoot when he is 20 ft away-- "Hey, there are armed people in my courtyard.... let me brazenly amble on out there armed with a bat."

Talking Dead was fun... it was good to see Beth, Merle, Herchel, T Dog, Sasha, and the the videos by Lori and Glenn... Hardwick has an amazing talent, and he's great at his job... so many "after shows" are just terrible... but he has a way of helping actors connect with their audience... AMC has a gem with this guy...

Wait a minute, I'm almost sober (gonna get to work on that). How was Gabriel in the trailer for that strange and upsetting pants shittery comment and also there for Rick's speech? Was there a time jump I missed? Is this whole season going to be one day of war with Neegan, 24 style? That'd be interesting, but then where would all the filler go?

Neegan's kinda cool, I like him and the actor who does him. He's the worst thing that could have happened to this show, a comic book character just totally given life by a charismatic asshole. I'd totally be that chick who gave Mullet the jar of pickles.

Actually, I'd probably be like the union rep for the serfs.

"Ah, Mr. Neegan? Big fan, kneeling here. Totally kneeling, I'm the best kneeler. Look at us here, kneeling... We all kneel, because You. Are. Neegan.

All of you here, you're the Neegan's. We're the numbers.

Do you like my chess set, Neegan? I made chess, I invented it. Just like priming the pump, nobody said that. None of the numbers, we didn't say that. But now I've made chess. As you can see, the board is made out of a chess board... the different colored squares indicate the... chesstuary.

As you can see, the rest of the pieces are chess pieces. It's true, I made them myself. I found them in a box called 'CHESS', completely unrelated. I opened it, and inside were both the board and all of the pieces.

I'd like to give it to you, Mr. Neegan. The board. The pieces. On behalf of all of your numbers, we appreciate both you and your rules. You keep us safe. You're taking all of the food! We have no water. You're killing 9 of us for lack of production... thank you Mr. Neegan, we'll see you next week."

Y'know, like that.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

The summary for this show should be "The villain walks out and stands in front of dozens of loaded guns while holding only a bat.  The bullets are endless.  He always lives.  The end."

Your ignorance is showing. Not one mention of the fact that they clearly stated at the beginning of the episode 'It was hard to get these guns' :P

14 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I will watch this show until it tends... I am a sucker for it... but the lazy writing is infuriating... how many times is Negan going to walk out in front of them when they are armed? --ie, Carl hiding in the truck, decides not to shoot when he is 20 ft away-- "Hey, there are armed people in my courtyard.... let me brazenly amble on out there armed with a bat."

Talking Dead was fun... it was good to see Beth, Merle, Herchel, T Dog, Sasha, and the the videos by Lori and Glenn... Hardwick has an amazing talent, and he's great at his job... so many "after shows" are just terrible... but he has a way of helping actors connect with their audience... AMC has a gem with this guy...

Agreed, I'm a fan of the comic and it'd take something seriously off from the spirit of the comic to make me quit the show.

I also think the Talking Dead episode was actually more entertaining than TWD S8E1, which was aaight, but just an overall meh episode. Talking Dead had the 100th Episode nostalgia  factor in its corner.

4 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Wait a minute, I'm almost sober (gonna get to work on that). How was Gabriel in the trailer for that strange and upsetting pants shittery comment and also there for Rick's speech? Was there a time jump I missed?

Pretty sure all the speechifying - and there was a lot of speechifying - was before they confronted Negan.  Since this is a comic spoiler thread, if they're following the comics then they immediately split up after letting in the horde to take out the outposts (appears Rick/Daryl are heading one group and Ezekiel/Carol are heading the group that got sploded).  This is actually one of the more sound plans executed in the show or the comic, although of course it goes awry in the latter.

Speaking of following the comics, the confrontation is actually dumber there - Rick's triumvirate shows up with two buses, but initially they all are pictured in front of the buses.  Only after snipers start shooting do they take cover behind the buses (albeit I suppose a defense is Rick did tell Ezekiel to "watch the windows" beforehand).  At least the show spent some money Mad Maxing up some cars.

Anyway, I was not much of a fan of the narrative style Gimple sometimes falls into to make things so important by confusing the timeline, but I think I can see what he's trying to do.  From what I can glean, if they follow the comic I would assume teary-eyed Rick is about to decide to spare Negan at the end of the season, hence the Quran mercy quote - with a random character to deliver it to boot.  And they even mention the festival with the old Rick scenes, which follows the comics.  Wondering who those new graves Rick's standing over are though - intrigue!

14 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Talking Dead was fun... it was good to see Beth, Merle, Herchel, T Dog, Sasha, and the the videos by Lori and Glenn...

Talking Dead was much more enjoyable than the actual show.  Fun to see everyone there, and Lincoln was quite hilarious throughout his time.

I think it's a bit damning when people enjoy the show about the show more than the show. Although I probably enjoy discussing the show here more than watching it. I fuess there's a chance there was less talking in the talking dead than the show this episode. I do love stirring speeches that aren't very stirring though. Seems whether you're a follower of Rick or Negan you have to endure self-important speeches. At least Rick lets some of the others have a go as well.

I thought it was an ok opener. I was kind of releived it cut straight to a showdown. Saved us a season of getting there - although it could well be the rest of the season is flashbacks. It did leave me with the sense I'd missed several episodes or completely forgotten the end of the last season. I thought they were back to square one after a failed coup on Negan last season?

Does anyone give a shit that Gabriel might die at the hands of Negan?

Rick's "future" beard was hilarious. They should have saved the money on the CGI zombie face for his facial hair if that was the best they could manage.

The premier reinded me there was a new volume of the comic series out at least :)

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Didn't Rick get shot in the side by a trash lady like the day before? It looked like a flesh wound, but that would hurt like hell! And the bullet came from a crazy junkyard lady who's bullet was probably dirty.

Ah, yeah the Heapsters (great name by whoever coined it last season). Hope we get to see those crazy kids again with their Hyperion/Shryke re-enactment.

On 10/22/2017 at 9:25 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

This show is garbage. But I'm garbage too so I keep watching it. What a terrible pothead I've become!

I hope that wasn't my fault.

Anyways, I've made it through season four, but I'm not that attached to this show in a way I was, say for Dexter, where I was willing to put up with a lot of bad seasons to make it to the conclusion. Is this one worth sledging through? 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I hope that wasn't my fault.

Anyways, I've made it through season four, but I'm not that attached to this show in a way I was, say for Dexter, where I was willing to put up with a lot of bad seasons to make it to the conclusion. Is this one worth sledging through? 

Yo mo'fucka what you think this is? Cause I just got my Fettechini alfredo with shrimp and they got m'fuckin tails on 'em.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I think it's a bit damning when people enjoy the show about the show more than the show.

"A bit" is putting it nicely.  I also gave the premiere somewhat of a pass because, stylistic complaints aside, as you said at least they're going straight into it.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Didn't Rick get shot in the side by a trash lady like the day before? It looked like a flesh wound, but that would hurt like hell! And the bullet came from a crazy junkyard lady who's bullet was probably dirty.

The amount of and recovery from injuries sustained is definitely a big part of the suspension of disbelief.  Hell, Michonne seemed to look just fine talking to Carl even though last we checked her face looked like she just went 20 rounds with Ivan Drago.

Archived