The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

Maggie has been pregnant longer than Bonnie Swanson.... and she's not even showing... 

It's still only been days since the alliance was formed and started fighting back against Negan. And possibly only a few weeks since Glenn and Abraham died.

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It's still only been days since the alliance was formed and started fighting back against Negan. And possibly only a few weeks since Glenn and Abraham died.

Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying.  Wonder how much it costs for Rick's daughter's stasis chamber.

Didn't quite understand Jadis' thought pattern. Was she offering Negan up to whoever is in the helicopter, like as a reward or buy in to their community? No, seriously, what the shit? And yeah, helicopters make a lot of very distinct noise, would've been talked about by others.

At first I was like no Rick you gave your word, then like, yeah, it's all out war...conflicted.

When Negan stopped to pick up mystery person he said they were a sight for sore eyes, definitely doesn't fit with Gregory. So does Negan kill off both Simon and Dwight? Simon for the massacre of resources and Dwight for being a turncoat? I'm sure they won't drag it out until the finale right?

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Didn't quite understand Jadis' thought pattern.

You and literally everybody else, even including whomever wrote it.

15 minutes ago, dbunting said:

At first I was like no Rick you gave your word, then like, yeah, it's all out war...conflicted.

Yeah, forgot to mention, Rick and Morgan cleaning house was pretty awesome.  You knew it was gonna happen, I was just hoping Carol would be along for the ride.  But I think it was better that way - Rick right now is in crazy-Morgan mode, and for pretty much the same reason, and they highlighted that.  "Because my son was there."

17 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So does Negan kill off both Simon and Dwight?

Dwight's pretty key in the comics, doubt he goes anytime soon.  Simon, OTOH, isn't even in the comics.  Love the actor, but they have to start paring down somewhere.  So..

Just when I was really losing steam with this show they go and have a very solid episode. I thought all the Saviors stuff was pretty good. That was the closest attention I’ve payed to and episode of TWD in quite a while. I know a lot of people are sick of Negan, but JDM is really a saving grace for this show. 

25 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Just when I was really losing steam with this show they go and have a very solid episode. I thought all the Saviors stuff was pretty good. That was the closest attention I’ve payed to and episode of TWD in quite a while. I know a lot of people are sick of Negan, but JDM is really a saving grace for this show. 

Right? I haven't watched since the last... whatever? Is it a break? A different season?

Eh, anyway, yeah Neegan is a kind of an 'eh, anyway' character but JDM really brings him to life. I know he's cartoonish and over the top and generally seems to be actively trying to steal every scene, but that's what makes the performance fun!

This show is so goddamn poorly written and aimless, it's fun to watch a genuinely talented actor just fill the room. And when he's with an actor that can fit their edges with his there's really good scenes sometimes! The one with Carl comes to mind, when he's talking about his eye. I actually like a lot of the times he's with Eugene or Simon, and he's like the only actor who's been willing to inflate himself in front of Rick.

Neegan's the only fun part about the show at this point. I have no shame in admitting that in the last set of episodes I watched I pretty much skipped all of the Hilltop shit, all of the trash people shit, and a lot of the Alexandria stuff that didn't seem relevant just because I wanted to see how JDM would react to Rick's latest outrage and the Saviors as an organization seem to have a much more interesting story than the Ricks.

9 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I have no shame in admitting that in the last set of episodes I watched I pretty much skipped all of the Hilltop shit, all of the trash people shit, and a lot of the Alexandria stuff that didn't seem relevant just because I wanted to see how JDM would react to Rick's latest outrage and the Saviors as an organization seem to have a much more interesting story than the Ricks.

You missed literally nothing by skipping all that stuff. 

I've just picked up Fear the Walking Dead again after seeing the first season ages ago. I'm watching it on my commute, but even on a small screen it seems to have much better cinematography than TWD. I think that only S2 and 3 are available on Prime at the moment. Do we have a thread for this?

5 hours ago, Isis said:

I've just picked up Fear the Walking Dead again after seeing the first season ages ago. I'm watching it on my commute, but even on a small screen it seems to have much better cinematography than TWD. I think that only S2 and 3 are available on Prime at the moment. Do we have a thread for this?

So obviously I missed if Maggie had her baby yet. And what was that last scene with her and Jesus and Daryl?

Thank goodness Eugene panned out. 

Just now watching Fear and omg Dillahunt! Was anyone else as excited as I was to see him?  

Archived