The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

I liked that it took 8 seasons for them to finally run out of fuel (which in terms of the timeline was, what? 3-4 years?). I guess they won't be running out of bullets anytime soon, thanks to Eugene. So the next question is when will they be running out of batteries for all their walkie-talkies and flashlights?

21 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I liked that it took 8 seasons for them to finally run out of fuel (which in terms of the timeline was, what? 3-4 years?). I guess they won't be running out of bullets anytime soon, thanks to Eugene. So the next question is when will they be running out of batteries for all their walkie-talkies and flashlights?

Who knows about the timeline.  Maggie was pregnant - and not even showing - for so long there's no reason to bother.  Anyway, if the writers were smart this could be the reasoning for expanding their scavenging area and increased contact with "Georgie" (played by Jayne Atkinson) and her group as they deal with the Whisperers.

How much time has passed? According to the official WD twitter

That second pic is apparently from last season, I haven’t watched in years, but if this canon it has been less than two years. It would explain why Maggie was pregnant for 3 season without showing, but it also means little Carl was mainlining HGH (obviously they can’t control how a kid ages). I read somewhere where they worked out that in this timeline Lori would have died around one year in, which would put the guv, establishing roots in Woodbury and meeting and fighting the Saviors all in less than a year. It would also mean that civlization collapsed within a few weeks after Rick got shot.

I hear there has been a time jump of years between last season and this season.

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

How much time has passed? According to the official WD twitter

That second pic is apparently from last season, I haven’t watched in years, but if this canon it has been less than two years. It would explain why Maggie was pregnant for 3 season without showing, but it also means little Carl was mainlining HGH (obviously they can’t control how a kid ages). I read somewhere where they worked out that in this timeline Lori would have died around one year in, which would put the guv, establishing roots in Woodbury and meeting and fighting the Saviors all in less than a year. It would also mean that civlization collapsed within a few weeks after Rick got shot.

I hear there has been a time jump of years between last season and this season.

No, maybe a year. Maggie had her kid, but he doesn't look to be more than 6 months old.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah it's like wait...why are you running?  Just put everything down and go take them out like we've seen you do 100 times before.

Lol - I was coming here to post about that.  They were terrified of 15 walkers, when they've taken out 10 times that amount before.  Dumb.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

No, maybe a year. Maggie had her kid, but he doesn't look to be more than 6 months old.

Pretty sure I heard Angela Kang (new showrunner) say on Talking Dead it's been a year and a half since the end of last season.

Maybe Maggie's kid is a descendant of lagertha from "Vikings"? She has fully grown kids with children of their own and while her husband aged she seems to have barely changed at all over the years

The wagon thing obviously made no sense whatsoever, there are modern light weight trailers all over. I could see not making one out of a car since you don't have air/power tools, but again, there are trailers all over the country.

The plow made sense and they even explained that it was to be a prototype to copy and build more of them.

The oh crap lets run even though we damn near out number the walkers was lazy writing and just stupid.

Personally I think it's done after this season with Maggie and Rick leaving. Maybe one more season to see if people but into it without him.

1 hour ago, Gronzag said:

As expected, another huge drop in ratings. Only 6.1 million viewers for the premiere. This really might be the last season.

It might be a big drop off but I'm pretty sure that TWD is still by far the most watched show on AMC's roster. This will most definitely not be the last season. 

37 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

It might be a big drop off but I'm pretty sure that TWD is still by far the most watched show on AMC's roster. This will most definitely not be the last season. 

It was also still the #1 show that night

On 10/9/2018 at 11:28 AM, dbunting said:

The wagon thing obviously made no sense whatsoever, there are modern light weight trailers all over. I could see not making one out of a car since you don't have air/power tools, but again, there are trailers all over the country.

The plow made sense and they even explained that it was to be a prototype to copy and build more of them.

Worse than the wagon was them grabbing that decrepit old wooden canoe.  Um...just go raid the local sporting goods store and get a nice aluminum or fiberglass canoe.  The plow was about the only thing that made sense. 

On 10/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, HokieStone said:

Worse than the wagon was them grabbing that decrepit old wooden canoe.  Um...just go raid the local sporting goods store and get a nice aluminum or fiberglass canoe.  The plow was about the only thing that made sense. 

Shut that's right I forgot about that dumb ads thing. 

Was figuring throughout the episode that all the mysterious disappearances of the saviors was going to be how they introduced the whisperers - except that ending suggests someone they know (or at least the saviors know) is attacking them.  Hrm.

Interesting that Jesus and Maggie talked about staying in contact with Georgie and her group.  Perhaps Maggie won't actually be killed off and will just peace out to there with the option to make guest appearances in the future?

So.....I used to like The Walking Dead a lot.

I think its been mostly horrible ever since the Glenn fake death a few years ago.

But I've kept watching for some reason.  And thought that last night's episode was really good.  Probably the best in a long time.

I'm sure it'll go back to being bad soon, but still.  Enjoyed that one.

I still dislike the obvious lack of consistency over the threat the walkers face.  One week, they run scared if 10 walkers show up.  Another week, 2 characters take out dozens without breaking a sweat.  This week, they don't think twice about wandering around in the dark in pairs.

3 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I still dislike the obvious lack of consistency over the threat the walkers face.  One week, they run scared if 10 walkers show up.  Another week, 2 characters take out dozens without breaking a sweat.  This week, they don't think twice about wandering around in the dark in pairs.

Obviously, their spidey sense is on the fritz and only works sometimes.

As to the past episode, most interested in why Gabriel is "an A" and what that means for helicopter people.  Rick has two episodes left.  Any predictions to how he dies?

Archived