The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

21 hours ago, DMC said:

Obviously, their spidey sense is on the fritz and only works sometimes.

As to the past episode, most interested in why Gabriel is "an A" and what that means for helicopter people.  Rick has two episodes left.  Any predictions to how he dies?

I predict he doesn't die.  I'm thinking he gets snatched by the helicopter people - and then we'll see him again in a year or two when they do the series finale.

3 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I predict he doesn't die.  I'm thinking he gets snatched by the helicopter people - and then we'll see him again in a year or two when they do the series finale.

I think they gotta kill him.  Otherwise it's against the concept of the show - we've essentially been following his POV through all the shitty seasons.  My hope is Maggie will still survive despite the actress wanting out, but I'm pretty sure Rick gonna die.

22 hours ago, DMC said:

I think they gotta kill him.  Otherwise it's against the concept of the show - we've essentially been following his POV through all the shitty seasons.  My hope is Maggie will still survive despite the actress wanting out, but I'm pretty sure Rick gonna die.

They have seemingly set up Maggie to go find that woman who gave them the books last season.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, DMC said:

They had Mulder disappear for a few seasons although that might be an argument against doing it. I think it all depends on what the actor has said - is he totally done with the show or just needs a break. I think if there's any chance of him returning they'll try and leave the door open with him going off on a quest. If he is certain he's done then the show deserves the closure of a proper send off which with the show dynamics is death. He's apparently coming back as a director next season which maybe suggests he could be tempted back at some point. Nice ratings boost next year if Lincoln is directing a stand-alone episode filling us in on what Rick has been up to since leaving the show? He wouldn't be able to divulge he was returning to act in the show as that would be a spoiler.

I don’t watch anymore,  but isn’t writing him out without killing him difficult at this point? If they are rebuilding society and have a network of safe communities working together, it is hard to believe there is anything which could make him walk away, he is not likely to get anything better. The only thing I could see is if they kill off his daughter and his grief leads him to flee. I suppose he could do something which gets him exiled, but the guy has made so many stupid decisions, it would be weird to start punishing him now.

47 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I don’t watch anymore,  but isn’t writing him out without killing him difficult at this point? If they are rebuilding society and have a network of safe communities working together, it is hard to believe there is anything which could make him walk away, he is not likely to get anything better. The only thing I could see is if they kill off his daughter and his grief leads him to flee. I suppose he could do something which gets him exiled, but the guy has made so many stupid decisions, it would be weird to start punishing him now.

or someone kidnaps his daughter and he goes to find her? I think that would trump your sense of community spirit/leadership

Or to be in character he does something stupid like kill someone who turns out to be an ambassador for a BIG society on the other side of the country and the only way he can smooth it over is by taking responsibility and going there to stand trial?

But I imagine they'll go with death as it's easier to come up plots that make death work in the show and because it's more sensational and likely to attract lapsed viewers even if it's just until the character is dead.

If you've been following the show, which unfortunately I have, it really doesn't make sense for him to go off on some adventure.  Even if his daughter is kidnapped.  If that happened, Michonne would go with him.  No doubt.  And, obviously, she does not.  Rick dies.

13 hours ago, DMC said:

Andy Lincoln wrote a goodbye letter to the press.  Sounds pretty final.

Meh - nothing about that letter smacks of "they're killing me off".  They very well could - and odds are high that is indeed the case.  But I still think he could just be kidnapped or something.  To be clear, if that's the case, I don't think he'll be back as a regular.  But he could be back for the final episode(s) of the show, whenever that may be.  Like Mulder on the X-Files as someone else mentioned.  He is supposed to direct some episodes next season, so it's not as if he's severing ties with TWD altogether. 

In any case, we'll see in about a week...

1 hour ago, HokieStone said:

Meh - nothing about that letter smacks of "they're killing me off".  They very well could - and odds are high that is indeed the case.  But I still think he could just be kidnapped or something.

Agreed.  The letter reads more like a banal gossip inducer than an actual farewell message.  And, while I can totally see AMC grasping for viewership by teasing Rick's death, it would be even more in character for them to tease his death and then..not kill him.  Especially if they can not kill him in a way that lets them drag out the reveal of his actual fate indefinitely.  

Plus, there's the whole Jadis/Anne needing to find an "A" rather then a "B" to deliver tot he helicopter people.  And with Gabriel not living up to whatever qualifies one as an "A", I'm pretty sure Rick will be going for a ride soon.

5 hours ago, The Mance said:

Plus, there's the whole Jadis/Anne needing to find an "A" rather then a "B" to deliver tot he helicopter people.  And with Gabriel not living up to whatever qualifies one as an "A", I'm pretty sure Rick will be going for a ride soon.

When Jadis knocks Gabriel out, she says "and all this time I thought you were a 'B.'"  To me that clearly indicates Gabriel is actually an 'A' (whatever the hell that means), so I don't know why she'd risk kidnapping another.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

When Jadis knocks Gabriel out, she says "and all this time I thought you were a 'B.'"  To me that clearly indicates Gabriel is actually an 'A'

Really?  I thought it was the reverse.  :dunno:

Yeah, here's an article with quotes from the new showrunner:

“The A and B has something to do with the thing that she was involved in which was human trading, and it was a way to differentiate between classes of people. She thought that Gabriel was a B. She knew that Rick and Negan were A’s but she now thinks that Gabriel is also an A. So I’ll just say that, because I think anything more, I might get in trouble.”

And can I just say trying to search something like "Gabriel an a" is pretty annoying.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, HokieStone said:

Well, they've set up this plot with the mystery people in the helicopter taking people away.  Which was my original conjecture as to how he might leave the show without being killed.

That seems a solid get out

I skipped the last season as the one before it had been terrible. Reading these posts I got the vibe that the show has gotten better again?

Should I pick up this season or was the last one already better than the one preceding it?

11 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yup. He ded.

Which is a shame, as this season is shaping up to be one of the show's strongest. 

As in it’s as good as the first couple seasons again, or it’s just not completely mind numbing, and horrendously written anymore?

I finally gave up after last season, and haven’t watched any of the new episodes, just checking in here to see how they kill off Rick. 

TSDF - who are almost always right - posted on Rick's fate a couple days ago:

Spoiler

Ladies and gentlemen... We have our answer regarding Rick’s fate.

DOES RICK DIE?!

The answer is....

NOOOOOO!! HE LIVES!!!!! He will experience another close call on the bridge and everyone will believe he’s dead. However, we’ll learn that he actually survives and Jadis calls in the helicopter to take him UP UP UP far far away...

Well, shows what I know.  Sounds really really stupid, but I was entirely wrong.

Spoiler

I read that. Sounds lame. I have also read speculation that a Rick based movie may be on the way. The producers have apparently been teasing a big announcement, they have said they still have big plans for TWD in the form of movies and spinoffs, and it would explain the seemingly non-committal exit of Mr. Grimes. All just rumors, but these kind of stunts are for sure in their wheelhouse.

Archived