The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Umm I'm pretty sure you are wrong with how the "Active virus" is transmitted.  It isn't.  What kills you from a walker bite/blood on knife is infection. Then you rise as a zombie because everyone is already a zombie waiting to happen.

Then what is the point of the Saviors coating the weapons in walker blood?

25 minutes ago, S John said:

Then what is the point of the Saviors coating the weapons in walker blood?

I thought it was part of a bigger plan. Right now they don't have the fire power to take them out but they want to get them back under control and thought that if they could get them sick and to die from infection it would be as much mental warfare as physical warfare?

The blood thing is akin to them smearing shit on their weapons or like medieval siege warfare involved throwing rotten/infected animals over the walls. It just increases the chance of infection.

I guess zombie blood is particularly toxic and gaining access through a wound speeds things up.

I guess people should have been infected from scratches or accidentally getting it in their eyes or mouth but guess that's still rarer than getting it via a cut.

I guess the issue is how effective it sounds to be. I wouldn't know as haven't watched beyond episode 2 this season. Killing lunchtime :)

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Getting zombie blood through an open wound is probably the same as being bitten by a zombie.

I would imagine. Maybe even more risky as I guess the bite doesn't always transfer blood. Although given how delicate some of the zombies are it's amazing their teeth don't fall out instead of being able to puncture the skin.

If getting zombie blood through a open cut, sore or wound is the same as being bitten, no one on the show would still be alive.

The crew has been beat to shit for years, and constantly engages zombies in close-quarters blood drenched warfare - with blood and gore flying all over themselves and everywhere. It would have been unavoidable.

12 minutes ago, Lord of Oop North said:

If getting zombie blood through a open cut, sore or wound is the same as being bitten, no one on the show would still be alive.

The crew has been beat to shit for years, and constantly engages zombies in close-quarters blood drenched warfare - with blood and gore flying all over themselves and everywhere. It would have been unavoidable.

But only if they had cuts where the zombie blood gets in. So I'd say chances already reduced Vs been cut by a knife with zombie blood on it as the zombie blood is being actively delivered into the cut. Zombie gore splatter requires it to land on an open wound and it seems in. 

Eg I'd rather risk some hepatitis infected blood landing on a cut on my arm than someone cutting me with a knife laced with hepatitis infected blood.

Given all the options for nonsensical logic this show has on offer this particular one is low on the overall rankings.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:53 PM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

TWD S8E15

Honestly, even though there was a pretty big battle, this still somehow felt like a filler episode. Not nearly enough Jesus & Michonne during that battle. I also felt like Jesus (or someone form Hilltop) should've taken the keys outta the trucks so the Saviors couldn't escape. Dwight also should've murked Simon with that arrow. My guess is Dwight's arrows weren't still tainted, so Tara isn't infected. (It was her he shot, right?) Sadiq is kind of a shit doctor if he didn't see the infection coming on before they turned, no? There must be some heavy ass sleepers in Hilltop.

This whole Jadis having Negan is throwing a possibly interesting twist into the plot that wasn't in the comics. Have to see where it goes to know for sure though.

They have criminally underused Jesus this entire season.  I don't know how you don't give him a prolonged ass-kicking sequence in a big battle set piece.  And yeah, so it appears Tara/Simon will replace Rick/Negan in the Dwight reveal.  As someone else said, the whole Tara/Daryl/Dwight shit is way too played out.

Wondering as well where this Jadis/Negan wrinkle will go, can't think of any way it fits in with the comics.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

It's time for Carol to make Henry look at the flowers.

This is another pointless and boring subplot that would have been better allocated to more Jesus.

As for the whole coating weapons with zombie blood discussion, that's straight from the comics, so blame Kirkman.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, dmc515 said:

[1]They have criminally underused Jesus this entire season.  I don't know how you don't give him a prolonged ass-kicking sequence in a big battle set piece.  And yeah, so it appears Tara/Simon will replace Rick/Negan in the Dwight reveal.  As someone else said, the whole Tara/Daryl/Dwight shit is way too played out.

[2]Wondering as well where this Jadis/Negan wrinkle will go, can't think of any way it fits in with the comics...

[3]...As for the whole coating weapons with zombie blood discussion, that's straight from the comics, so blame Kirkman.

1. Yeah, this "whole Tara/Dwight/Daryl" situation is kinda boring for me as well because it's an "A-Plot" with a bunch of "B-Plot" characters. Sorry, but the writing for Daryl since getting out of his Savior "A" jumpsuit has been just plain snooze-inducing. For a minute there I thought there'd be some good brotherly tension between Daryl & Rick regarding Rick's strategy with Negan, but that went no where fast. Even his reaction to Carl's death was just a road nowhere when it could've been a great scene or character moment for Daryl.

2. This is the only thing really interesting happening right now. It's got potential, but my instinct tell me it's nothing more than a plot device to keep Simon at the forefront of the Saviors (OMG! He's worse than Negan!!!) and stretch out the war for this whole season. Also it's to possibly set up Jadis to become another series regular for S9.

3. Sho' nuff it was a Kirkman device in issue #122 the comics. We can't blame him for its poor execution in the TV series though (Or can we?) since it was Rick who got shot and not Tara, thus making it much more of a cliffhanger in the comics.

I haven't been paying complete attention during each episode since Carl died. When did Jadis get Negan? I didn't even realize he was 'missing' until Simon or someone mentioned it last episode during the Hilltop invasion.

ETA Ha! Looks like I skipped an entire episode and missed the introduction of Georgie and friends. Ah well. Thank goodness for recaps I guess. 

So they're going all in on this helicopter shit.  Smart money is on it being a part of the New World Order group they already introduced (with Karen Hayes dropping knowledge like she's KRS-One).  But maybe it's another group?  That'd be cool.  Disregarding the fact that, ya know, these four/five communities (Saviors, Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom, Oceanside) never fucking noticed a helicopter around the area.

ETA:  Also, forgot to mention the whole Jadis/Negan thing unsurprisingly went nowhere and was mostly just B filler of a filler episode.  Not even mad anymore:

Ok...I'm not quite as critical of the show as most on here...but that Negan/Jadis storyline...I don't even know what to make of that.

Her "Walker on a cart"...how much effort was that to make...and what practical purpose did it serve?  She was going to have to manhandle it to get it down to bit Negan.

And then...I really don't understand, she walks behind a pile of trash, Negan sort of scoots a little bit...and all of a sudden he has a gun and a flare?!?!  How does that work?

That whole thing was just...bad.

^  Good, cuz i thought i'd hard-farted & passed out long enough to miss a whole segment on flare-getting and photography.    The cart handle was supposed to tilt down to bring the walker to negan at face level.  This was so unclear they needed to say it on the aftershow graphics.

Uhhhhhh, the virus is dormant until you die..... so getting bitten activates it early in you because....... zombies "have some"(death) and deliver it into you with their bite.   Then yo body says, "surely now is the time for.....ehhhhhhmeewhaaaaaa!" (Zombie noises)

This episode was dumb.

Well I think it was implied that she had the gun, the flare and the pictures in a backpack. Why was it left almost next to him and why did she leave Negan there alone anyway ? And I get that she didn't want Negan to burn her pictures, but once the chopper appeared (how can a chopper come and go without no one noticing it in the area ? We know Rick saw it, but that's it. It's impossible no one from the Kingdom, the Saviors, Alexandria and the Hilltop never noticed it) all she had to do was to stop fighting Negan, then MAYBE they would've seen the flare... anyway the whole thing is there to create mystery, even if it doesn't really make sense.

S8E14:

*Yup. That whole Jadis/Negan storyline was filler BS. Regarding the helicopter and the whole story with them in general, to quote Negan, "No, seriously. What the shit?!!?" And that had to have been Gregory he picked up in the car on the way back to Savior HQ, right?

*I'm a little tired of Carol & Morgan trying to save each other. Kinda disappointed Henry didn't look at the flowers. 

*And congrats to Morgan and Rick for just fucking straight up murdering people. I mean, it is "WAR" and all but damn. 

56 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

And that had to have been Gregory he picked up in the car on the way back to Savior HQ, right?

The internet seems pretty sure it was Laura - the savior that knows Dwight is a mole - and I agree that makes the most sense as to why they kept it a secret til next week.  Who would care if it's Gregory?

59 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm a little tired of Carol & Morgan trying to save each other. Kinda disappointed Henry didn't look at the flowers. 

Agreed on both counts.

The whole Jadis/Negan affair was fairly disappointing. Although I did like her Wuthering Heights nightdress and her minimalist crash pad. But seriously, such lazy writing...even though Negan points out that she clearly doesn't want to finish him off, that's why she left a bag with a gun next to him. People in this show are held up as being great leaders for ages and then suddenly they're making stupid mistakes, not even mistakes made through high emotion or under threat of death but just STUPID mistakes.

Also, fuck Eugene. Really just wanted him to be taken out there and then. 

On 4/1/2018 at 2:54 AM, kairparavel said:

I haven't been paying complete attention during each episode since Carl died. When did Jadis get Negan? I didn't even realize he was 'missing' until Simon or someone mentioned it last episode during the Hilltop invasion.

ETA Ha! Looks like I skipped an entire episode and missed the introduction of Georgie and friends. Ah well. Thank goodness for recaps I guess. 

I haven’t actually sat down and watched an episode since Carl’s death that I actively paid attention to either. I ended up watching the last three episodes yesterday and must have gotten them out of order because none of it was making sense. At all. If it weren’t for Carol and Melissa McBride’s talent I’d probably just stop watching. Still rooting for her to be the last one standing. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one baffled by Jadis and Negan. And Dwight. I completely missed how he was back with the saviors and that he did something to Tara. And how has Negan not figured out he’s the turncoat? Kinda wish I had the motivation to rewatch and make it make sense but I don’t. 

Archived