The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

I was generally confused throughout this whole episode. So many groups off in different areas shooting a shit ton of bullets at Saviors. I'm assuming that they were finishing off the rest of the Savior outposts? I didn't realize there were that many more. I thought they took care of almost all of them in the first episode. I also didn't realize that the sheet Rick has contained directions to a weapons cache. I guess my complaint is that it seems like everyone split off in separate directions without much explanation as to why and where. Also, and maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I had no idea who Ezekiel was chasing after. His dialogue gets tiring after a while.

As for Morales showing up 7 seasons later... could care less. I didn't even remember his name. All I recall is that he decides to bounce from the camp about 2-3 episodes into S1 with his family. 

Jesus was annoying this episode, and I tend to really enjoy his character. I get showing mercy to someone when it's deserved, but to a Savior? The people who've savagely desecrated anyone who doesn't submit to them??? Lame...

For an episode that had plenty of action I found it pretty boring and uninteresting. 

16 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I was generally confused throughout this whole episode. So many groups off in different areas shooting a shit ton of bullets at Saviors. I'm assuming that they were finishing off the rest of the Savior outposts? I didn't realize there were that many more. I thought they took care of almost all of them in the first episode. I also didn't realize that the sheet Rick has contained directions to a weapons cache. I guess my complaint is that it seems like everyone split off in separate directions without much explanation as to why and where. Also, and maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I had no idea who Ezekiel was chasing after. His dialogue gets tiring after a while.

As for Morales showing up 7 seasons later... could care less. I didn't even remember his name. All I recall is that he decides to bounce from the camp about 2-3 episodes into S1 with his family. 

Jesus was annoying this episode, and I tend to really enjoy his character. I get showing mercy to someone when it's deserved, but to a Savior? The people who've savagely desecrated anyone who doesn't submit to them??? Lame...

For an episode that had plenty of action I found it pretty boring and uninteresting. 

The battles this episode where a direct continuation of last week's at the end. There were no more outposts, at least that we know of. Last week we see Rick's group open up a gate - that was where the ridiculously long gun battle took place, while Rick and Daryl were exploring. Ezekiel's group were chasing after the guy who threw a grenade at them last week; I guess that was not an outpost, just a lookout point.

I also had little clue what was going on.  I think i thought they finished the war last week when they let Negan stand in front of dozens of guns and no one hit him.  I thought they went back to their respective camps.  No idea what Carol and King were looking for, no idea why Eric and co were just shooting up a group, no idea what Morgan and Jesus were doing, and I guess Rick was just on a plot to stumble upon the humanity of the Saviors.

So basically, another season starts with nothing happening.  Just a bunch of random dead people.  Oh, and Morales.  Now I dread an extra long Morales flashback episode. 

16 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I found the fight sequences kind of confusing but its the Walking Dead so Im used to confusing scenes. Im curious what they intend to do with all these prisoners? No way are they equipped to take on the burden of prisoners in the apocalypse?

The clips for next episode show the Jesus/Tara/Morgan team marching the prisoners on the road.

I understand the episode was confusing, but again I'm fine for the most part since they're moving forward.  I think the most salient complaint is why are Rick and Daryl - two of the most important individuals in La Resistance - going on a black ops mission alone?  Other than the lots (and lots and lots) of stormtrooper shooting, everything else had at least a semblance of an internal coherence.  Morgan doesn't die, which is pretty much confirmation that he will die this season.  Too bad, he was an excellent character for a minute there, better than this show deserves.

I wonder when we're gonna get the quiet moments at the Hilltop and Alexandria - along with Negan/Gabriel.  I would assume that's how the third episode is structured, but I'm not so sure how much of the former we're gonna get in the next two eps based on Gimples comments about the first 4 episodes.

Yeah the prisoner stuff is head scratching. First off there's at least a dozen prisoners. There's no way you give them back to Negan, because why would you add numbers and strength to your enemy? So what's next? Take them to one of their 3 strongholds? If that's the case, and you wish to keep them alive, you now have to feed them. Why would you do that? I can see no sensible reason to spend your resources on a single Savior. 

I can guess that they may be a bargaining chip for Gabriel. That also makes no sense to me because Gabriel is not an asset. Rick will surely justify a reason to give back all those Saviors to Negan for moronic Gabriel... 

Having said all that, I will still watch. Way too invested at this point.

So this is pretty random but was watching some of last season and I couldn't help but notice the Savior character Laura kept on reminding of somebody.  Just realized who it was - Frances McDormand.  The actress' name is Lindsley Register, which sounds like a colleague is pranking me on roll, but anyway, swear to god she could be her daughter.  Wondering if anyone else sees the resemblance?  I seek validation!

On 11/5/2017 at 9:34 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

Boy, Maggie and Jesus tested my patience tonight. Their decisions will serve the show in some way, but it aggravated me nonetheless.

I really like how the show is portraying this fundamental moral dilemma of war. Jesus and Daryl are meant to be our "black & white" representatives. Daryl clearly believes take no prisoners, us or them. Jesus is clearly Geneva Convention Jesus, and believes they must treat war as a means to peace--take prisoners. Rick is conflicted--he's the grey. I could see him going either way with the prisoners at the Hilltop. Maggie has reservations but obviously leans towards Jesus. Morgan has reservations as well, but he leans to Daryl's side. We see how Morgan's conflict ends, and it isn't well. The show is pointing its moral compass in the direction of Jesus and Maggie, and I am okay with that.

I'm more curious as to who the "spy" in the three communities is if it's not Gregory. Also, I know how it pans out in the comics, but I'm eager to see where Eugene ends up in the show.

This was like when then killed Summer in GoT. Damn these people and their need to slash CGI budget. And I guess the only thing this show was missing was a stupid car chase. Now it is complete.

In other matters, bullets are not only finite when they need to be finite, and infinite otherwise, but they also work only when they need to work, and don't when they don't need to. It took forever for someone to shatter the windows of that truck Carol was huddling behind, but the most egregious moment was when the machine gun that had ripped giant holes in people's bodies couldn't do more than bust the radiator on Rick's jeep. Another moment of when Rick should have died.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

This was like when then killed Summer in GoT. Damn these people and their need to slash CGI budget. And I guess the only thing this show was missing was a stupid car chase. Now it is complete.

In other matters, bullets are not only finite when they need to be finite, and infinite otherwise, but they also work only when they need to work, and don't when they don't need to. It took forever for someone to shatter the windows of that truck Carol was huddling behind, but the most egregious moment was when the machine gun that had ripped giant holes in people's bodies couldn't do more than bust the radiator on Rick's jeep. Another moment of when Rick should have died.

This is the comic spoiler thread right?  Shiva dies exactly the same way in exactly the same spot timewise in the comics.  While yes it obviously was good for their shoddy CGI budget; that one was coming whenever they were going to do this episode. (Given that it's pretty key for the Ezekiel character)

Too bad it wasn't a very good storyline in the comics anyways and whatever director they had for this episode decided to mail it in.  That might have been the worst directed episode I've seen on this show, and that's saying something.  That is unless they were going for a bad 80's action movie vibe.  Still wasn't even good at that that but would at least make some of the choices more acceptable in hindsight.

7 hours ago, Slurktan said:

This is the comic spoiler thread right?  Shiva dies exactly the same way in exactly the same spot timewise in the comics.  While yes it obviously was good for their shoddy CGI budget; that one was coming whenever they were going to do this episode. (Given that it's pretty key for the Ezekiel character)

Too bad it wasn't a very good storyline in the comics anyways and whatever director they had for this episode decided to mail it in.  That might have been the worst directed episode I've seen on this show, and that's saying something.  That is unless they were going for a bad 80's action movie vibe.  Still wasn't even good at that that but would at least make some of the choices more acceptable in hindsight.

I haven't read the comics, but at this point I honestly don't care. (I know how the All Out War resolves in the comics, and that's pretty much what keeps me going with the show). I agree that this storyline was pretty bad, and having a zoo tiger who somehow only kills some people is less realistic than direwolves or dragons. But it was still a bit of a gut punch to lose the fake tiger.

And I, too, got the bad 80's action movie vibe during the car chase.

To be honest, even if it was written in the comics, there is no way 10 or so walkers can handle and take down a full grown, 500 pound, healthy Tiger. They were decaying and sloughing off...a few paw swipes, a bite...bolting out of there alone would have been enough to knock them down and maybe even tear their bodies apart.

You'd need hundreds to even have a shot at holding the Tiger.

Archived