The Walking Dead: Because Season Ate Nine (Comic Spoiler Thread)

A True Kaniggit

55 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So Eugene's plan counted on no one else in Negan's group shooting a bullet before the ambush.

I think they had a limited supply after their breakout and Eugene didn't distribute any before the ambush. They obviously were pressed for time and couldn't really test it beforehand.

8 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think they had a limited supply after their breakout and Eugene didn't distribute any before the ambush. They obviously were pressed for time and couldn't really test it beforehand.

He did give Negan that handgun to "test-fire."  Negan put too much trust in his bullet-maker.

Rick has made a big mistake in deciding to save Negan.
Sentencing Negan to life in a cell, forcing him to watch the survivors achieve prosperity through peaceful cooperation, hardly seems like a fitting punishment for his heinous crimes. Rick's made an enemy of Maggie, who's off to a great start with Daryl and Jesus as her lieutenants in plans to depose Rick.
I suppose the decision to keeping Negan is a good plot hook for next season. It's a pity that slashing his throat apparently did no damage to his vocal cords.
Cheers for Eugene, who completely redeemed himself with his devious, faulty ammunition manufacturing skills. I loved how his readmission to the group was sealed by Rosita's punch to the face in retaliation for Eugene's puke-fueled escape last episode. The entire line of Saviors going down when their guns exploded in their hands was a great moment.

33 minutes ago, Holy Sith! said:

He did give Negan that handgun to "test-fire."  Negan put too much trust in his bullet-maker.

Rick has made a big mistake in deciding to save Negan.
Sentencing Negan to life in a cell, forcing him to watch the survivors achieve prosperity through peaceful cooperation, hardly seems like a fitting punishment for his heinous crimes. Rick's made an enemy of Maggie, who's off to a great start with Daryl and Jesus as her lieutenants in plans to depose Rick.
I suppose the decision to keeping Negan is a good plot hook for next season. It's a pity that slashing his throat apparently did no damage to his vocal cords.
Cheers for Eugene, who completely redeemed himself with his devious, faulty ammunition manufacturing skills. I loved how his readmission to the group was sealed by Rosita's punch to the face in retaliation for Eugene's puke-fueled escape last episode. The entire line of Saviors going down when their guns exploded in their hands was a great moment.

He made the decision to turn back when Gabriel fucked up the bullet so he could have given test rounds that were made the right way.

I think Jesus is going to talk her down. I can't see him going out of his way to keep captured saviors alive, to convince Morgan to stop killing the living but then collaborating with Maggie to remove Rick.

19 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think Jesus is going to talk her down. I can't see him going out of his way to keep captured saviors alive, to convince Morgan to stop killing the living but then collaborating with Maggie to remove Rick.

Not only does it not make sense with Jesus, it doesn't even make that much sense with Daryl.  If Rick sparing Negan was so bad, why did he spare Dwight, who he still was intent on killing, like two episodes ago.  And at least Rick is incarcerating Negan rather than simply letting him go.

I imagine this is just a way to gin up drama.  In the comic it is true that Maggie disagrees on Rick sparing Negan and that disagreement still colors their relationship (and at one point led to an actual fight between the two).  But, still, it's never intimated that Maggie is to start some nefarious cabal like it came off in the scene.  Thing is, the issues immediately succeeding All Out War are some of the slowest of the entire series.  Considering how the show managed to make AOW as tedious as it did, I shudder to think what they might do with that material, so I suppose we'll have to endure some made up Maggie/Rick drama for half a season or something.  I'm sure it will be as dumb as GoT's Arya/Sansa crap which was equally unbelievable.

Oh and speaking of the comics, I'm disappointed Negan didn't fuck up Rick's leg to the point has has to walk with a cane.  I get Rick keeping his hand, but the hobbled has-been was a big part of Rick's character post-AOW.  Seemed like they were going for that in the dream sequences at the beginning of the season, but now it doesn't look like it.

32 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Not only does it not make sense with Jesus, it doesn't even make that much sense with Daryl.  If Rick sparing Negan was so bad, why did he spare Dwight, who he still was intent on killing, like two episodes ago.  And at least Rick is incarcerating Negan rather than simply letting him go.

I imagine this is just a way to gin up drama.  In the comic it is true that Maggie disagrees on Rick sparing Negan and that disagreement still colors their relationship (and at one point led to an actual fight between the two).  But, still, it's never intimated that Maggie is to start some nefarious cabal like it came off in the scene.  Thing is, the issues immediately succeeding All Out War are some of the slowest of the entire series.  Considering how the show managed to make AOW as tedious as it did, I shudder to think what they might do with that material, so I suppose we'll have to endure some made up Maggie/Rick drama for half a season or something.  I'm sure it will be as dumb as GoT's Arya/Sansa crap which was equally unbelievable.

Oh and speaking of the comics, I'm disappointed Negan didn't fuck up Rick's leg to the point has has to walk with a cane.  I get Rick keeping his hand, but the hobbled has-been was a big part of Rick's character post-AOW.  Seemed like they were going for that in the dream sequences at the beginning of the season, but now it doesn't look like it.

Yeah, I can't picture anyone turning on Rick for the choice he made.

Doesn't Negan become somewhat of an Anti-hero in the comics?  If he does I hope they follow that.

29 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Doesn't Negan become somewhat of an Anti-hero in the comics?  If he does I hope they follow that.

Yep, and I assume they will.  In fact, one should expect he'll be even more involved than in the comics if they're going to continue to pay Morgan.

34 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

THis is awful!!!

What the fuck is this about not having bullets so they're gonna stick zombie bits in people? They've been rubbin them shits on themselves for YEARS!!!

I reckon it has to get in the bloodstream and as long as it doesn't happen it's ok.

47 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yep, and I assume they will.  In fact, one should expect he'll be even more involved than in the comics if they're going to continue to pay Morgan.

I hope he's involved. I kind of liked him.

I think we all had the same basic reaction to that horrible scene where Maggie has her end of the Godfather Micheal Corleone speech. This one scene ruined the whole season for me. Darryl has spent all season wanting to do nothing but kill Dwight. In the end he does the whole redemption thing and lets him go. Then the next time we see him he comes out of the dark to take sides against Rick? Jesus spends whole season trying to preach peace and forgiveness, then again, in one stupid added on bonus footage scene ruins it? If this is what next season is going to be I may have a hard time watching. Hell explore the damn helicopter or scaveging, farming and wind mills and trading but not this.

All the points have been made by now. Agree with the thoughts on Jesus. The dude that is preaching peace is  now conspiring against their leader whom is preaching peace. Hmm :huh:

I like JDM and Negan's character. Would love to have a beer with him. I'm cool with him staying on board as this new change of scene for him will probably make him an antihero like someone else said. I think Carl's dream with Negan in it is more likely to happen opposed to Negan spending the rest of his life in a cell. Anyone wanna take bets on how many episodes we get next season with long conversations with Negan in the cell? An over/under? Daryl plays easy street while Negan is in cell? A 'break Negan out of the cell' episode happens?

They pointed out the huge walker horde in the distance multiple times this episode so I'm wondering if that'll play a part next season. We're gonna need some more insight into the helicopter as well. No clear enemy/antagonist next season besides the whole Maggie/Rick thing. Curious to see what happens. As always, I'll keep watching. 

21 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

They pointed out the huge walker horde in the distance multiple times this episode so I'm wondering if that'll play a part next season. We're gonna need some more insight into the helicopter as well. No clear enemy/antagonist next season besides the whole Maggie/Rick thing. Curious to see what happens. As always, I'll keep watching. 

The horde, along with the series of poles in an open field, definitely presages the Whisperers from the comics (even if they won't admit it).  Still, based on the pace of the show, I'd bet that will take at least the first half of the season to set up - so instead the first half will be filled with this Maggie v Rick mishegoss.

This Adaption keeps getting worse and worse as each season goes on. I don't get why AMC has to make 16 episodes of just plain filler and whenever they get to the "Good" parts, it turns out shitty with the awful camera angles and all that.

I don't know what's a worse Adaptation at this point, Game Of Thrones or Walking dead. 

I have nothing to say, but i hear people are glad Rick didn't have his leg broken, more proof that the fans are just Cocksuckers of the show and don't intend to stop. I mean they forgave the whole Carl thing. Its a joke at this point.

Oh well... Glad i only read the comics and don't waste my time with this show. 

8 minutes ago, LONEWOLF150 said:

This Adaption keeps getting worse and worse as each season goes on. I don't get why AMC has to make 16 episodes of just plain filler and whenever they get to the "Good" parts, it turns out shitty with the awful camera angles and all that.

I don't know what's a worse Adaptation at this point, Game Of Thrones or Walking dead. 

I have nothing to say, but i hear people are glad Rick didn't have his leg broken, more proof that the fans are just Cocksuckers of the show and don't intend to stop. I mean they forgave the whole Carl thing. Its a joke at this point.

Oh well... Glad i only read the comics and don't waste my time with this show. 

Hold on, you don't waste your time with it but you're intricately familiar with the (abundant) deficiencies? Hmmm, something seems out of place.

Personally, I would say that the worse adaptation has to go to GoT by a fucking landslide.

Sure, Walking Dead is just awful. But Sand Snakes.

-fin

19 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Hold on, you don't waste your time with it but you're intricately familiar with the (abundant) deficiencies? Hmmm, something seems out of place.

Personally, I would say that the worse adaptation has to go to GoT by a fucking landslide.

Sure, Walking Dead is just awful. But Sand Snakes.

-fin

The reason i am up to date with that show because all the youtubers that i watch, watch the show and all my friends watch it to for some reason. 

Now that i've thought about it GoT is worse, but Walking dead comes close to it to. IMO i think both shows are just as bad as each other.

At this point i'm thinking of just Unsubbing to all these Youtubers Lol.

Archived