A True Kaniggit

The Walking Dead: Season Ate (Comic Spoiler Thread)

So the only decent actor apart from JDM is leaving the show.  Are they going to promote Reedus to the lead role to grunt his way through the scenes, he has about as much acting ability as the average walker.

4 minutes ago, dooog said:

So the only decent actor apart from JDM is leaving the show.  Are they going to promote Reedus to the lead role to grunt his way through the scenes, he has about as much acting ability as the average walker.

Seth Gilliam is a good actor (see The Wire). But Father Gabriel is obviously not going to carry the show. :P

I also like Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, and Josh McDermott.  I don't think Lincoln was especially better than most of the cast, really.  But no, I don't see Daryl nor Reedus as the lead working.  Both are one-dimensional.  Since the Merle/Daryl storyline (in which he got to play off Rooker), the only heavy lifting the character has done was in that episode centered around him and Beth when they get drunk and burn down that cabin, which stands out as one of the worst episodes of the series.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:47 PM, dooog said:

Agreed Reedus is overrated, but disagree JDM & Lincoln are the only decent actors on the show. It's a solid cast.

3 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Agreed Reedus is overrated, but disagree JDM & Lincoln are the only decent actors on the show. It's a solid cast.

I think the script and direction is more to blame than the overall quality of actors.

Does anyone know whether the skew of departures is due to failed contract renegotiations? Given how infamous this show is for being stingy I imagine they'd rather let stars leave than pay them more? The problem with a show with such a high turnover rate is that it knows it can sacrifice characters/actors. Even if the main cast pulled a "friends" and insisted on a raise for all of them or they walk, the show could probably risk letting them going and having a season finale massacre.

It vaguely reminds me of "sliders" when it reaches a point where none of the original cast remained by which stage you questioned what the point was anymore. Walking dead is hitting a similar problem in the sense no one who started out in the show remains alive and I'm left wondering what's the point.

Well, do we know if they are really leaving or could this just be a negotiating tactic?

And realistically, in the WD world, most people do die. Not realistic for a lot of people to live for 8 seasons while everyone else dies around them. Maybe this will kill the show for good, or lead it into a new path that brings it back?

A "poster" came out for the new season today and there are a few interesting items on it. It appears set in Washington DC, and there is a helicopter in the air, assuming it's the one Jadis was calling in?