Who is publically responsible for Robar Royces death?

Stormking902

Multiple people seems to know that Loras killed them. Varys, Tyrion, Jamie, Sansa and multiple women in KL.

This is from Sansa I in ASOS:

He took his hand from her arm. "I slew Robar at Storm's End, my lady." It was not a boast; he sounded sad.

Him, and another of King Renly's Rainbow Guard as well, yes. Sansa had heard the women talking of it round the well, but for a moment she'd forgotten. "That was when Lord Renly was killed, wasn't it? How terrible for your poor sister."

11 hours ago, Tucu said:

Multiple people seems to know that Loras killed them. Varys, Tyrion, Jamie, Sansa and multiple women in KL.

This is from Sansa I in ASOS:

Thank you, its weird we hear nothing from Lord Royce for justice for his son who was killed without a trial and seems to have been murdered by Loras with a cheap shot not even a duel. 

13 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Thank you, its weird we hear nothing from Lord Royce for justice for his son who was killed without a trial and seems to have been murdered by Loras with a cheap shot not even a duel. 

Yohn Royce is a small character, but he is said to want the Vale to join the war on the Stark side and is still working against the Lannister appointed Lord Protector of the Vale.

19 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Its hard to say if he heard about exactly what happened. I am sure Baelish would be happy to inform him.

13 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

It was a stupid move on Loras' part. I understand that passions run high but still. That could have caused huge problems for House Tyrell as Yohn Royce would be within his rights to demand justice.

Not really. Renly was a rebel and a traitor, and so was Ser Robar Royce. Killing him was not really a crime. The Tyrells got their royal pardon later on, but it took quite some time until the Vale finally recognized good King Tommen as their king, so by the time of Robar's death they were out of the King's Peace, too.

My guess is this will come up in Winds. There will be significant chapters in the Vale. I bet we will hear something from Yohn about it. But Loras has not returned yet so not sure if there will be a Loras to get justice from. It is motivation for the Royces and the Vale to side against the Reach and/or the Crown. Interesting point.

I don't think it will matter unless we find Loras and Bronze Yohn on opposite sides of a battlefield, and while I am open to theories that Loras is not on his deathbed on Dragonstone, I am presuming that he is, in which case I fail to see why Bronze Yohn would have it in for all of House Tyrell. 

9 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I don't think it will matter unless we find Loras and Bronze Yohn on opposite sides of a battlefield, and while I am open to theories that Loras is not on his deathbed on Dragonstone, I am presuming that he is, in which case I fail to see why Bronze Yohn would have it in for all of House Tyrell. 

When a man loses two sons he begins to start thinking illogically and allows the pain to consume him until only vengeance remains in his heart, the fact the Tyrells are helping the Lannisters who Yohn Royce hates mixed in with Robar being killed unjustly by Loras equals house Royce and Tyrell being enemys in the future you can count on that. 

Archived