Tyrion As The Third Head of The Dragon?

AEJON TARGARYEN

"Dany will ride Drogon, Jon will ride Rhaegal, and Tyrion will ride Viserion."

This is a popular theory but I don’t think Tyrion will be a dragon rider, we already have two dragon riders: Dany and the Night King, the third one is most likely Jon, so what was the purpose of these parallels? ^_^

What do you think? Will Tyrion ride a dragon?

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

"Dany will ride Drogon, Jon will ride Rhaegal, and Tyrion will ride Viserion."

This is a popular theory but I don’t think Tyrion will be a dragon rider, we already have two dragon riders: Dany and the Night King, the third one is most likely Jon, so what was the purpose of these parallels? ^_^

What do you think? Will Tyrion ride a dragon?

Maybe in the books.

not on the show at this point. Now that Vicerion that ship sailed. Three heads of the dragon was also something never mentioned in the show

D&D know how ASOIAF will end, they discussed it years ago with GRRM. So they know what plot lines, and what characters, and what elements are important, and will play a major role in the final battle, and what is just a filler.

For example I think that revival of Cat in the books, is one of those fillers. Her existance won't affect in any way final outcome, furthermore I think that she will be gone for good, prior arrival of Others. So in GOT D&D didn't wasted screen time on irrelevant things, threeheaded dragon included. Also it's unlikely that Aegon Martell/Young Griff will be on GOT. Which means that in the books he will either die, without playing any role in a War against the Dead, or that in GOT Jon is compilation of two characters from the books - Jon Snow and Young Griff. Maybe in the book version Aegon Martell will meet with Dany, and become father of her child, and Jon will be fighting against Others. And 'the song of ice and fire' doesn't mean Jon+Dany, it could mean that in the books that will be two separated major wars. One war in the North between Jon and Others = Ice Song, and another war in the rest of Westeros between Dany and Cersei = Song of Fire.

Either way both on GOT, and in the books, in the end, threeheaded dragon will be unimportant part of plot. It was added there just to make more suspence, and make books longer.

P.S. Possibility that threeheaded dragon is three Targaryens, i.e. Jon, Dany, and Young Griff, is more likely than third person is Tyrion. Why him? For what reason would we need another unknown Targaryen, when we already have a third Targaryen?

2 minutes ago, Megorova said:

D&D know how ASOIAF will end, they discussed it years ago with GRRM. So they know what plot lines, and what characters, and what elements are important, and will play a major role in the final battle, and what is just a filler.

For example I think that revival of Cat in the books, is one of those fillers. Her existance won't affect in any way final outcome, furthermore I think that she will be gone for good, prior arrival of Others. So in GOT D&D didn't wasted screen time on irrelevant things, threeheaded dragon included. Also it's unlikely that Aegon Martel/Young Griff will be on GOT. Which means that in the books he will either die, without playing any role in a War against the Dead, or that in GOT Jon is compilation of two characters from the books - Jon Snow and Young Griff. Maybe in the book version Aegon Martel will meet with Dany, and become father of her child, and Jon will be fighting against Others. And 'the song of ice and fire' doean't mean Jon+Dany, it could mean that in the books that will be two separated major wars. One war in the North between Jon and Other = Ice Song, and another war in the rest of Westeros between Dany and Cersei = Song of Fire.

Either way both on GOT, and in the books, in the end, threeheaded dragon will be unimportant part of plot. It was added there just to make more suspence, and make books longer.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded. 

*I think Aegon/Young Griff is a red herring.

I think it's a red herring, but the three heads could also be a metaphor for those who will save the realm from eternal winter.

The Dragon ("fire made flesh", antithesis to the NK's ice) has 3 heads as in 3 champions who together will bring down the NK; Jon, Daenerys and Bran.

Does this mean that they will also all three actually ride dragons? Possibly (Jon might ride Rhaegal and Bran might warg Viserion) but I doubt it.
I was never that convinced that Jon will actually ride Rhaegal in the first place and I still ain't. I can understand that people want it to happen (I do too to some extent) but I don't think it will actually happen. Rhaegal doesn't actually need a rider in order to wreak havoc upon the AotD, but Jon's excellent swordsmanship and leadership is more needed on the ground and would go to waste if he rode Rhaegal.

9 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

The Dragon ("fire made flesh", antithesis to the NK's ice) has 3 heads as in 3 champions who together will bring down the NK; Jon, Daenerys and Bran

I think that in that prophecy dragon = Targaryen. So prophecy is actually about three Targaryens. It could be 'Jon, Dany, Griff', or 'Jon, Dany, and their baby', or 'Jon, Dany, and her son with Drogo, who is actually alive and will arive in Westeros, just in time to save his mother from Others'. But in GOT-version there is no 3HD, and couldn't be.

Bran = one of dragon heads, is the least likely version.

I'm (nearly 100%) sure that it's impossible to warg into a dragon. Because dragons are the most magically powerful creatures that ever existed (in fiction of course).

I was never that convinced that Jon will actually ride Rhaegal in the first place and I still ain't. I can understand that people want it to happen (I do too to some extent) but I don't think it will actually happen.

There could be circumstances when Jon will have to do this. For example: Dany is pregnant, or giving birth, or wounded, or unconsciousness, or taken prisoner, and NK escaped on Ice Dragon to KL. Then Jon will have no other option to catch up to NK, and prevent him from turning 1 million people into replacement of his destroyed army.

Rhaegal doesn't actually need a rider in order to wreak havoc upon the AotD

So Bran's warging into him is also unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Megorova said:

and her son with Drogo, who is actually alive and will arive in Westeros, just in time to save his mother from Others'.

err… what?

And even if Rhaego is by miracle alive, what age will he be when Dany is struggling the Others?

5 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

err… what?

And even if Rhaego is by miracle alive, what age will he be when Dany is struggling the Others?

He'd be about 6-7 years old in S8.

But he's not alive though. I never understood or believed in that theory. When and how would MMD have time to spirit Rhaego away and how would she do it without anyone in the remaining khalasaar (or Jorah) noticing? And why would MMD return to Daenerys if she successfully hid Rhaego somewhere, why not just hide with him?

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

I said Bran might warg into Viserion, not Rhaegal.

Even less likely. Viserion is already controlled by winter magic, so warging into him, is the same thing as trying to fit into a dress, that is already worn by someone else. :D

NK can 'disperse' 3ER's warging. We already saw it happen, when Bran was trying to spy after AotD, but his consciousness was pushed out from that flock of crows by NK's power.

53 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

When and how would MMD have time to spirit Rhaego away and how would she do it without anyone in the remaining khalasaar (or Jorah) noticing? And why would MMD return to Daenerys if she successfully hid Rhaego somewhere, why not just hide with him?

She gave baby to Red Prists. To same people that gave dragon eggs as wedding present to Dany. Also she stayed behind because revival of dragons needed sacrifice, so she willingly let herself be burned, together with Drogo's body, and Dany. Three people given to Lord of Light = three dragons hatched.

The only person that said anything to Dany about her baby was MMD, not even Jorah said anything. Because no one lse, aside from MMD came to that tent, or saw the baby. And after giving birth, Dany was unconsciousnees for who knows how long, and her last order to her people was to not get near that tent, and to give to MMD whatever she will ask, or do whatever she will say.

So she had lots of time to pass the baby to someone else, and make it be unnnoticed by anyone.

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

err… what?

If the baby was indeed taken by same people, that gave dragon eggs to Dany, then it is possible that they have MORE. And giving her those stone eggs was actually a test, to see whether she's the one who will be able to revive the dragons, which will also mean that her future baby is The Prince tha was promissed / The Stallion Who Mounts the World. There was a spy in her camp, so when she figured out that fire and heat could make those eggs become 'alive', that spy reported that she is The One. So they waited, and then created circumstances under which they took the baby away, and Dany also burned herself, Drogo and MMD, which made those eggs to hatch. Dragon magic has returned in the realm, thus Dany's son is also able to make dragon eggs to hatch. And they had many eggs, not petrified. So Dany's son will arrive to 7K with an army of dragons. He's The Stallion Who Mounts the World, because he will have an army of dragons to conquer the world.

Just a theory.

Three heads of the dragon never meant three dragon riders. It's an alliance.

John is one head signifies an accumulation of norther forces

Dany is another, with the forces from places other than Westeros.

Jamie will be the third head, with forces from the south. 

4 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

A 7 years kid, leading a pack of dragons the size of a dog…

Or not. Maybe when Red Priests brought him to their temple, where they kept dragon eggs, and just the boy's presence alone, was enough for all eggs to hatch.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragon_egg

"When a new member of House Targaryen was born, it was traditional to place a dragon egg in their cradle. If the dragon hatched, it was considered a sign that the baby was a true Targaryen."

So all those dragons grew up together with him. Thus they will be just a few months younger than the baby, and Dany's three dragons. The age difference between Dany's dragons, and those dragons will be the same amount of time, as it takes to travel from place of Drogo's death, to wherever they brought his son. Maybe they brought the baby not to their temple, but to Valyria.

"The last Targaryen dragon laid a clutch of five eggs. What happened to them is not known. Whether there are any dragon eggs left in the smoking ruins that were Valyria is not known." <- not known, which means that there could be many of them there.

And when Drogon flew away from Dany, he went to Valyria, because he felt there presence of other dragons, and Dany's baby. 

Out of three Dany's dragons, Drogon is the biggest, because he spent the most amount of time flying and being free. He was the same size as other two dragons, but then he disappeared for some time, and when Dany saw him next time, he already grew much bigger than two others. Which means that even small amount of time spent in freedom, or maybe in Valyria, made him grow.

So if the factor that affected his grow is Valyria, or living free, then Rhaego's dragons, that flew free all the time, or were hatched and lived in Valyria, will be even bigger than Drogon.

Valyria is a good place to hide dragons. Nearly no one ever goes there. It's covered in mists. And people ill with grey scales, are sentenced to exile to Valyria, which means that dragons that live there, are constantly supplied with fresh meat.

Also if Rhaego lived in Valyria for those 7 years, then he will be like a Mowgli, with the only difference is that he will be raised amongst dragons and not wolves. So 7 years old boy, rased together with dragons, will be a vicious savage creature, and not a little adorable angel.

And don't forget that he's half Dothraki. And Dothraki learn to ride horses since they are very little. So Rhaego can  become a dragonrider, as soon as he will learn to walk.

I could be wrong, but what I remember is that Dothraki start to ride horses, since they are 2 or 3 years old. Dany flew on Drogon for the first time, in the end of season 5, so up to now she has a 2 years of experience. Though she rarely fly. So Rhaego, who is probably flying more frequently than walking, would have much more experience than Dany.

Quaithe is probably the one who took away Dany's son.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Quaithe

There is a connection between her and MMD. She's from Asshai, and MMD said to Dany:

"There is a spell. But it is hard, lady, and dark. Some would say that death is cleaner. I learned the way in Asshai, and paid dear for the lesson."

"Daenerys: What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?

Quaithe: Truth."

Her son is there, or at least was there for some time.

Archived