Pictionary Round XXXVIII

Philokles

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

You guys seriously need to cut down on sentence length. I’ve had to let a lot go as there has been too many novellas to stop.

My apologies for any of mine. I suggest a maximum word number next game. It would make the chains mutate quicker.

2 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

You guys seriously need to cut down on sentence length. I’ve had to let a lot go as there has been too many novellas to stop.

:eek: you speak the truth.

On a scale from 1 to 10 how much do I, in particular, need to cut down on sentence length? (Just out of curiosity. And because feedbacks are important) 

Total number of words used in the four sentences:

1. BlackBear - 71
  2. Titan Cat - 95
  3. Helena - 99
  4. Pebble - 111
  5. Rhaenys - 125
  6. Tellus Explorer - 129
  7. Count Balerion (pre-final description rewrite) - 149
  8. Castellan - 224

Trying not to regularly exceed 30 words seems about right, but it really depends. Try to cut down on lengthy asides, especially if there is lots to cover in the picture as it is.

Generally, yours were pretty good, Rhaenys, except for that one splurge taking up over half your words.

Here is your scrambled sentences to decipher. Full reveal tomorrow evening:

1. There is an exhibit of a jewelled medusa statue cordoned off in the Greek temple.
  2. One person is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the 5th of November and someone shouts Halloween is over while setting up Christmas lights in their front yard.
  3. The Disney version of the Red Wedding takes place on GFD and features cute singing-dancing woodland creatures who light fireworks; no one gets killed, and the only violence is a bunch of squirrels pelting people with nuts.
  4. A nasty looking little bat-like critter is thinking it would love to occupy a ram's body as it would be like  having a lovely relaxing fluffy onesie instead of leathery wings and a rudimentary spinal cord; three witches are casting a spell round a campfire to help the process while Rocksniffer looks on, a little worried as it is his nasty looking little bat-like critter, after all, and he likes it.
  5. In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
  6. Hear now the words of the witches,
    Viserion trick or treating in the night,
    the oldest of gods are invoked here,
    This year Christmas is to be wight.
  7. A coven of Pictionary witches dances nude around a bonfire, from which wild TitanCat emerges from her egg, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of a TitanBird.
  8. Guy Fawkes and fellow Catholic plotter are arrested after lighting the fuse to blow up Christmas, by Ser Bolton-Halloween.
  9. A couple sit in the dark with the television off, pretending they are not at home to the hordes of greedy children ringing their bell for trick and treat.
  10. While all the other Pictionary players are drawing pictures about Hallowe'en and Christmas, TitanCat wishes Rocksniffer a happy belated birthday, and celebrates Pebble's big day!”
  11. Pebbles, TitanCat, Buckwheat, and -- is that me? -- are sitting around a campfire roasting jack o'lanterns and singing a holiday song, "The dragon who'd beheaded rocksniffer gave the singing witches a funny look while the weirwood glowered and the Night King decorated his Xmas tree.”
  12. Two ripped guys in patterned tees stand around a bonfire while two squirrels operate colorful fireworks.
  13. The blackbear, buckwheat, and pebbles are working on their pictionary drawings, and Rocksniffer is daydreaming about cake.
  14. Pessimistic that they would not be ready for Halloween RhaenysB and Kit Harrington delay their plot to use an excessive amount of gunpowder to blow up the white house by five days.
  15. Guy Fawkes and modern day Cersei, his crazy-cat-lady wife, peacefully walk down the street while they imagine burning down the town.
  16. Some rich toff in a little purple hat is watching Game of Thrones loudly and consequently Pebbles is locked out and can't get her pizza.

my matches.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.     
There is an exhibit of a jewelled medusa statue cordoned off in the Greek temple.

While all the other Pictionary players are drawing pictures about Hallowe'en and Christmas, TitanCat wishes Rocksniffer a happy belated birthday, and celebrates Pebble's big day!”
    The blackbear, buckwheat, and pebbles are working on their pictionary drawings, and Rocksniffer is daydreaming about cake

A couple sit in the dark with the television off, pretending they are not at home to the hordes of greedy children ringing their bell for trick and treat.
    Some rich toff in a little purple hat is watching Game of Thrones loudly and consequently Pebbles is locked out and can't get her pizza.

The Disney version of the Red Wedding takes place on GFD and features cute singing-dancing woodland creatures who light fireworks; no one gets killed, and the only violence is a bunch of squirrels pelting people with nuts.
    Two ripped guys in patterned tees stand around a bonfire while two squirrels operate colorful fireworks.

Pessimistic that they would not be ready for Halloween RhaenysB and Kit Harrington delay their plot to use an excessive amount of gunpowder to blow up the white house by five days.
    Guy Fawkes and modern day Cersei, his crazy-cat-lady wife, peacefully walk down the street while they imagine burning down the town.

One person is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the 5th of November and someone shouts Halloween is over while setting up Christmas lights in their front yard.
    Guy Fawkes and fellow Catholic plotter are arrested after lighting the fuse to blow up Christmas, by Ser Bolton-Halloween.

Hear now the words of the witches,
    This year Christmas is to be wight.

Pebbles, TitanCat, Buckwheat, and -- is that me? -- are sitting around a campfire roasting jack o'lanterns and singing a holiday song, "The dragon who'd beheaded rocksniffer gave the singing witches a funny look while the weirwood glowered and the Night King decorated his Xmas tree.”

A coven of Pictionary witches dances nude around a bonfire, from which wild TitanCat emerges from her egg, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of a TitanBird.

A nasty looking little bat-like critter is thinking it would love to occupy a ram's body as it would be like  having a lovely relaxing fluffy onesie instead of leathery wings and a rudimentary spinal cord; three witches are casting a spell round a campfire to help the process while Rocksniffer looks on, a little worried as it is his nasty looking little bat-like critter, after all, and he likes it.

Fun statistics! Nicely done, HOC. ;)

Wow, you guys have a lot of bonfires here. And Guys Fawkeses (or whatever the plural is). I am taking the right to try to connect your sentences (I did not see any of the pictures or sentences in-between, so am probably wrong with just about everything, particularly because ... you have so many bonfires!)

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

A nasty looking little bat-like critter is thinking it would love to occupy a ram's body as it would be like  having a lovely relaxing fluffy onesie instead of leathery wings and a rudimentary spinal cord; three witches are casting a spell round a campfire to help the process while Rocksniffer looks on, a little worried as it is his nasty looking little bat-like critter, after all, and he likes it.

Guy Fawkes and modern day Cersei, his crazy-cat-lady wife, peacefully walk down the street while they imagine burning down the town. Pessimistic that they would not be ready for Halloween RhaenysB and Kit Harrington delay their plot to use an excessive amount of gunpowder to blow up the white house by five days.

The Disney version of the Red Wedding takes place on GFD and features cute singing-dancing woodland creatures who light fireworks; no one gets killed, and the only violence is a bunch of squirrels pelting people with nuts.Two ripped guys in patterned tees stand around a bonfire while two squirrels operate colorful fireworks.

While all the other Pictionary players are drawing pictures about Hallowe'en and Christmas, TitanCat wishes Rocksniffer a happy belated birthday, and celebrates Pebble's big day!” The blackbear, buckwheat, and pebbles are working on their pictionary drawings, and Rocksniffer is daydreaming about cake.

One person is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the 5th of November and someone shouts Halloween is over while setting up Christmas lights in their front yard. Guy Fawkes and fellow Catholic plotter are arrested after lighting the fuse to blow up Christmas, by Ser Bolton-Halloween.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. There is an exhibit of a jewelled medusa statue cordoned off in the Greek temple.

A couple sit in the dark with the television off, pretending they are not at home to the hordes of greedy children ringing their bell for trick and treat. Some rich toff in a little purple hat is watching Game of Thrones loudly and consequently Pebbles is locked out and can't get her pizza.

A coven of Pictionary witches dances nude around a bonfire, from which wild TitanCat emerges from her egg, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of a TitanBird. Pebbles, TitanCat, Buckwheat, and -- is that me? -- are sitting around a campfire roasting jack o'lanterns and singing a holiday song, "The dragon who'd beheaded rocksniffer gave the singing witches a funny look while the weirwood glowered and the Night King decorated his Xmas tree.”

Also a reminder for the host to post the full reveal also in the archive thread (linked in my signature).

15 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Total number of words used in the four sentences:

1. BlackBear - 71
  2. Titan Cat - 95
  3. Helena - 99
  4. Pebble - 111
  5. Rhaenys - 125
  6. Tellus Explorer - 129
  7. Count Balerion (pre-final description rewrite) - 149
  8. Castellan - 224

Call me Hemingway.

Guesses:

Spoiler

A couple sit in the dark with the television off, pretending they are not at home to the hordes of greedy children ringing their bell for trick and treat.

Some rich toff in a little purple hat is watching Game of Thrones loudly and consequently Pebbles is locked out and can't get her pizza.

While all the other Pictionary players are drawing pictures about Hallowe'en and Christmas, TitanCat wishes Rocksniffer a happy belated birthday, and celebrates Pebble's big day!”

The blackbear, buckwheat, and pebbles are working on their pictionary drawings, and Rocksniffer is daydreaming about cake.

The Disney version of the Red Wedding takes place on GFD and features cute singing-dancing woodland creatures who light fireworks; no one gets killed, and the only violence is a bunch of squirrels pelting people with nuts.

Two ripped guys in patterned tees stand around a bonfire while two squirrels operate colorful fireworks.

Pebbles, TitanCat, Buckwheat, and -- is that me? -- are sitting around a campfire roasting jack o'lanterns and singing a holiday song, "The dragon who'd beheaded rocksniffer gave the singing witches a funny look while the weirwood glowered and the Night King decorated his Xmas tree.”

A coven of Pictionary witches dances nude around a bonfire, from which wild TitanCat emerges from her egg, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of a TitanBird.

A nasty looking little bat-like critter is thinking it would love to occupy a ram's body as it would be like  having a lovely relaxing fluffy onesie instead of leathery wings and a rudimentary spinal cord; three witches are casting a spell round a campfire to help the process while Rocksniffer looks on, a little worried as it is his nasty looking little bat-like critter, after all, and he likes it.

Guy Fawkes and fellow Catholic plotter are arrested after lighting the fuse to blow up Christmas, by Ser Bolton-Halloween.

One person is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the 5th of November and someone shouts Halloween is over while setting up Christmas lights in their front yard.

Pessimistic that they would not be ready for Halloween RhaenysB and Kit Harrington delay their plot to use an excessive amount of gunpowder to blow up the white house by five days.

Guy Fawkes and modern day Cersei, his crazy-cat-lady wife, peacefully walk down the street while they imagine burning down the town.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

There is an exhibit of a jewelled medusa statue cordoned off in the Greek temple.

A Swarm of Squirrels

Spoiler

Count Balerion said “The Disney version of the Red Wedding takes place on GFD and features cute singing-dancing woodland creatures who light fireworks; no one gets killed, and the only violence is a bunch of squirrels pelting people with nuts.”

Helena drew https://i.imgur.com/k49BZaS.jpg

TitanCat said “Squirrels are setting off fireworks for Edmure Tully and his Frey wife, because Disney isn't poison.”

Pebble drew https://i.imgur.com/VxRo0sc.png

Castellan said “Two people (one with blue eyes and short red hair and wearing a small picture of a mutant whale and one with brown hair and eyes and with a small picture of a bridge in the sea) are having bonfire night and some doomed squirrels are attracted to the fireworks set out on the grass, thinking its a micky mouse idea that they are dangerous.”

BlackBear drew https://i.imgur.com/DSRjr3c.png

RhaenysB said “Two ripped guys in patterned tees stand around a bonfire while two squirrels operate colorful fireworks.”

A Worship of Fire

Spoiler

Helena said “A coven of Pictionary witches dances nude around a bonfire, from which wild TitanCat emerges from her egg, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of a TitanBird.”

BlackBear drew https://i.imgur.com/NAS4Kkz.png

Pebble said “A Giant Egg (bigger than A grown Hodor) is in the middle of a bonfire that 3 witches dance naked around in an attempt to hatch TitanCat.”

Count Balerion drew https://i.imgur.com/6FNK6bZ.jpg

Tellus Explorer said “Three witches perform a ritual around a bonfire as they try to hatch an Alien with wings (who favors the pj's of Max from 'Where the Wild Things Are') from a giant boulder, whilst a man watches with a smaller Alien in a basket on his back.”

Rocksniffer drew https://i.imgur.com/8BgDV6a.jpg

Castellan said “A nasty looking little bat-like critter is thinking it would love to occupy a ram's body as it would be like  having a lovely relaxing fluffy onesie instead of leathery wings and a rudimentary spinal cord; three witches are casting a spell round a campfire to help the process while Rocksniffer looks on, a little worried as it is his nasty looking little bat-like critter, after all, and he likes it.”

The Conspiracy of Cat-Ladies

Spoiler

Pebble said “Pessimistic that they would not be ready for Halloween RhaenysB and Kit Harrington delay their plot to use an excessive amount of gunpowder to blow up the white house by five days.”

Count Balerion drew https://i.imgur.com/eDI9SLt.jpg

Tellus Explorer said “A girl in pink tails holds a black cat accompany Guy Fawkes and his fox as they plan for a successful explosion with a barrel of gunpowder on the Fifth day of November.”

TitanCat drew https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/aditu_az/1895710/212057/212057_original.jpg

RhaenysB said “Guy Fawkes and his cat-lady friend in a pink tailcoat walk their fox, while planning the Gunpowder Plot.”

Castellan drew https://i.imgur.com/7iGyGsi.jpg

BlackBear said “Guy Fawkes and modern day Cersei, his crazy-cat-lady wife, peacefully walk down the street while they imagine burning down the town.”

A Telling of Sagas

Spoiler

RhaenysB said “Hear now the words of the witches,
This year Christmas is to be wight.”

Horse of Kent drew https://i.imgur.com/gLOtHHs.png

Castellan said “Four youths - two girls and two boys - sit around a glowing pumpkin telling tales in which earth culture blends with ASOIF, about, respectively: three singing witches; a dragon turning up to a house with a trick or treat bag; a weirwood tree; and decorating a Christmas tree in the snow as an icy wight approaches from behind.”

Rocksniffer drew https://i.imgur.com/K7zchIw.jpg

TitanCat said “Various of the Pictionary crew are sitting around a pumpkin bonfire exchanging festive tales, featuring: a weirwood tree, singing witches, a white walker decorating a Christmas tree, and a dragon trick-or-treating with a basket made out of Rocksniffer's head.”

BlackBear drew https://i.imgur.com/2XpzlHq.jpg

Count Balerion said “Pebbles, TitanCat, Buckwheat, and -- is that me? -- are sitting around a campfire roasting jack o'lanterns and singing a holiday song, "The dragon who'd beheaded rocksniffer gave the singing witches a funny look while the weirwood glowered and the Night King decorated his Xmas tree.””

A Portrait for Demons

Spoiler

Black Bear said “In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.”

Castellan drew https://i.imgur.com/wyFbqL4.jpg

Count Balerion said “The chap sitting on an overflowing laundry basket in the Modern Art picture badly needs a shave?”

RhaenysB drew https://i.imgur.com/Eg4IKdY.jpg

Helena said “The demigorgon crossed with Picasso is on display behind a red rope in a museum.”

Pebble drew https://i.imgur.com/DKOa1CV.png

TitanCat said “There is an exhibit of a jewelled medusa statue cordoned off in the Greek temple.”

A Disregarding of Minions

Spoiler

Castellan said “A couple sit in the dark with the television off, pretending they are not at home to the hordes of greedy children ringing their bell for trick and treat.”

RhaenysB drew https://i.imgur.com/4jZIEvz.jpg

BlackBear said “The trick-or-treaters are foiled, because Mr Homeowner believes the doorbell sound is coming from the tv.”

Tellus Explorer drew https://i.imgur.com/DKwZKSr.jpg (unredacted version: https://i.imgur.com/tssBmRC.jpg)

Pebble said “On halloween night Mr Pebble is lying on the sofa twirling his ponytails and watching very loud TV trying to drown out the naked minion trick or treater that knock on the door."

Count Balerion drew https://i.imgur.com/GA0xSSP.jpg

Helena said “Some rich toff in a little purple hat is watching Game of Thrones loudly and consequently Pebbles is locked out and can't get her pizza.”

A Succession of Birthdays

Spoiler

TitanCat said “While all the other Pictionary players are drawing pictures about Hallowe'en and Christmas, TitanCat wishes Rocksniffer a happy belated birthday, and celebrates Pebble's big day!”

Pebble drew https://i.imgur.com/TC5Bu6g.png

RhaenysB said “TitanCat remembers it’s Sniffer’s birthday on October 31st and Pebble on November 24th, while the Pictionary crew (I guess) draws stuff to pitch theme ideas for the game: BB fireworks, Pebble a flying witch, Castellan (I guess) a facepalming angel statue, GreyStitchWithRedHair a Hermione brewing a potion, Count Balerion zombies, GlobeInASafariHat a trick or treating Krampus, and RhaenysB (I guess) a Santa Clause.”

Castellan drew https://i.imgur.com/3AX6suq.jpg

BlackBear said “The pictionary crew are hard at work, Rocksniffer has nothing to draw for his birthday, and Pebbles will draw witches regardless of the month.”

Helena drew https://i.imgur.com/ufZwvGC.jpg

Tellus Explorer said “The blackbear, buckwheat, and pebbles are working on their pictionary drawings, and Rocksniffer is daydreaming about cake.”

A Heckling of Revellers

Spoiler

Tellus Explorer said “One person is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the 5th of November and someone shouts Halloween is over while setting up Christmas lights in their front yard.”

TitanCat drew https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/aditu_az/1895710/211734/211734_original.jpg

Helena said “The Christmas tree goes up on Guy Fawkes night (or maybe someone just likes V for Vendetta) because Stick doesn’t like Halloween.”

BlackBear drew https://i.imgur.com/VJo5USt.png

Count Balerion said “The two Guy Fawkes chaps who are making off with the explosive Xmas tree are challenged by the Knight of No Halloween.”

RhaenysB drew https://i.imgur.com/LB6f7mi.jpg

Pebble said “Guy Fawkes and fellow Catholic plotter are arrested after lighting the fuse to blow up Christmas, by Ser Bolton-Halloween.”

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I don’t have the patience / am too lazy to post my guess from phone, but I can’t wait to find out if I turned into Medusa or Crazy Cat Lady Cersei... Or which of them turned into me. :commie: 

I'm afraid to say, you turned yourself into a crazy cat lady.

51 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

I'm afraid to say, you turned yourself into a crazy cat lady.

Oh my. That was an awful depiction of me, anybody would have turned it into a crazy cat lady. 

Anyway, :lmao: I’m just great, aren’t I? 

And now I will know who put me into a sentence in the first place. 

Eta *viewed reveal*: 

okay I didn’t actually turn myself into a crazy cat lady, other players didn’t pick up on that awful first depiction of me either (@Count Balerion shame on ya, pal, what kind of a picture is that of pretty little me, I look better even in real life :lol: ) of course it was going to get distorted.  /selfobsessionfest

And look, I was in Pebble’s chain, what a surprise! 

Archived