Who Will the Lannister Army Follow?

aeverett

17 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

I see someone’s been reading the leaked season 8 scripts..

Don’t worry. They’re fake. Probably. 

They are fake. But I think that Jaime will go there, not because of fake scripts, but because to go to Winterfell, or even to White Harbor, he will have to go thru Riverlands, thru Twins, and soldiers stationed there do know him. So it's very unlikely that Jaime will manage to pass thru Riverlands, without being recognised by anyone. People will see him, recognise him, and ask him what is going on. Because by the time he will arrive to Riverlands, there will be a massive arrival of various troops to White Harbor, and unification of all lords in Riverlands, The North and The Vale, to join with those troops, under lidership pf Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.

There's no way, that Jaime will arrive to Jon and Dany, without bringing reinforcements with him. D&D can't just forget or ignore presense of thousands Lannister's soldiers in Riverlands. So they will use them.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

They are fake. But I think that Jaime will go there, not because of fake scripts, but because to go to Winterfell, or even to White Harbor, he will have to go thru Riverlands, thru Twins, and soldiers stationed there do know him. So it's very unlikely that Jaime will manage to pass thru Riverlands, without being recognised by anyone. People will see him, recognise him, and ask him what is going on. Because by the time he will arrive to Riverlands, there will be a massive arrival of various troops to White Harbor, and unification of all lords in Riverlands, The North and The Vale, to join with those troops, under lidership pf Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.

There's no way, that Jaime will arrive to Jon and Dany, without bringing reinforcements with him. D&D can't just forget or ignore presense of thousands Lannister's soldiers in Riverlands. So they will use them.

I don't think the Lannister soldiers in the Riverlands will be near the King's road to watch who is heading north, as the whole Dothraki army will use this way to go to Winterfell. They will probably remain in the castles avoiding any contact with Dany's troops. 

And if Jaime wanted to take soldiers with him, he wouln't have left his Lannister's armor in KL. He has choosen a random leather armor, a common cloak , that's not an army commander outfit.

2 hours ago, Megorova said:

I agree with you.  It makes sense, fake scripts or not.

16 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

So who is Lord of Casterly Rock?

14 hours ago, jcmontea said:

So if not Jaime has to be Cersei

Jaime and Tyrion were skipped in succession line, and as long as there are male cousins, Cersei won't be given title of Lady of Casterly Rock. After her uncle Kevan, there is his oldest son Lancell, and after him Martyn Lannister. He was in books, and in season 3 of GOT.

38 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Jaime and Tyrion were skipped in succession line, and as long as there are male cousins, Cersei won't be given title of Lady of Casterly Rock. After her uncle Kevan, there is his oldest son Lancell, and after him Martyn Lannister. He was in books, and in season 3 of GOT.

TV version of Martyn is dead. Killed by Rickard Karstark. 

He also happens to share an actor with Tommen.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

TV version of Martyn is dead. Killed by Rickard Karstark. 

He also happens to share an actor with Tommen.

Rickard Karstark killed Martyn's twin brother Willem, and another boy from Frey family. And Robb sent remaining Lannister hostage to Golden Tooth. In book.

He played Martyn only for 2 episodes, but seems that they thought that he had a potential for a more important role, and switched him with first Tommen (who also looked too young to marry). In GOT they had to get rid of him, thus they killed two Lannisters, instead of Lannister and Frey. Forgot about that part.

Based on what was shown about relationship between Jaime, Tommen and uncle Kevan, it doesn't look like, after Jaime was dismissed from being Kingsguard, he was given title of Casterly Rock's Lord, uncle Kevan remained its ruler. So after his death, it's either Cersei or Tyrion, based on whether she has a right, as a Queen, to cross Tyrion out of succession line, If she can legally do that, then she is the Lady of Casterly Rock. If she can't, then it belongs to Tyrion. Or directly to Crown, same as Stormlands, after they lost all their lords.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:27 PM, valgrel said:

And if Jaime wanted to take soldiers with him, he wouln't have left his Lannister's armor in KL. He has choosen a random leather armor, a common cloak , that's not an army commander outfit.

Not necessarily.  The higher ranking officers in the Lannister army would know what Jaime looks like, even without his lion armor, especially with his golden hand. still attached.  His choice of not wearing Lannister armor is an attempt to not draw too much attention to himself on the road.  Remember, Cersei is likely going to send someone after him, or put out a bounty or something.  Heading to the remains of the Lannister forces in his armor would bring too much unnecessary trouble.    

As for the succession, Cersei comes after Jaime and Tyrion, but before any other Lannister men who aren't Tywin's legitimate progeny.  Remember, Westeros works slightly differently than it did in RL history.  Women inherit after their brothers, yes, but are not passed over for every other male relative.    

• 2 months later...
On 30/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, jcmontea said:

the ed shireen group

This group is a more formidable group than one might think. Not because of Ed Sheeran's amazing command of his men, or the strength of his fighters... but the fact Maisie Williams likes Ed Sheeran.

That means wherever his troops go, so long as Ed's on screen, Arya will be there. And Arya's a crazed teleporting wolverine assassin who can seamlessly take over lordships and kitchens with people none the wiser.

I'd be fucking terrified if I were the Night King and Jaime recruits Ed Sheeran for the cause.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:15 PM, aeverett said:

Not necessarily.  The higher ranking officers in the Lannister army would know what Jaime looks like, even without his lion armor, especially with his golden hand. still attached.  His choice of not wearing Lannister armor is an attempt to not draw too much attention to himself on the road.  Remember, Cersei is likely going to send someone after him, or put out a bounty or something.  Heading to the remains of the Lannister forces in his armor would bring too much unnecessary trouble.    

As for the succession, Cersei comes after Jaime and Tyrion, but before any other Lannister men who aren't Tywin's legitimate progeny.  Remember, Westeros works slightly differently than it did in RL history.  Women inherit after their brothers, yes, but are not passed over for every other male relative.    

Can the army get through the swamps of the Neck?

Well first of all, Jaime is Lord of Casterly Rock given the way he was dismissed from the Kingsguard in the show. That doesn't mean Cersei won't claim the title out of spite, given how she got the crown though. Also, the impression I got from the loot train battle was that the Lannister army was pretty much stretched out from Highgarden to King's Landing and Dany attacked the back half of it, given all the gold had already gotten to King's Landing to pay the Iron Bank. So the Dothraki only destroyed a portion of the Lannister army there and much of it is still a going concern. They seemed to have plenty of men in King's Landing the following episode and have to have an occupation force in the Riverlands still. Clearly Jaime didn't try and take the army in King's Landing with him. Likely wise on his part to just get out of there as soon as possible all things considered. But that doesn't mean elements of the army won't desert and as mentioned he could very well happen upon the Riverland garrison on the journey north and take it with him. Whatever else you want to say about Jaime, he seems to be a commander willing to be in the thick of things with his men, and that often earns personal loyalty.

• 1 month later...

If the soldiers are more loyal to Jaime than Cersei, they might follow Jaime.  I would think that they would be more loyal to him, but who knows with the show.  I have no idea what the lords of the Riverlands or what Edmure Tully would do.  Would they help the North.  There are Tullys in the North (Sansa, Arya and Bran.  They have Tully blood because of Catelyn). The Vale is helping them.  I wonder what loyalty the Riverlands  lords have with the Tullys.  I can't imagine any of the lords like the Freys or the Lannisters. 

Maybe the Lannister soldiers in the riverlands will go north, but not the ones in the westerlands.  I imagine, Jaime would just go straight north and only travel through the riverlands.  There is going to be a lot of drama once he visits Winterfell.  I think the Riverlands lords might also go north because they have some loyalty to the Tullys and would help Hoster's grandchildren. 

18 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I imagine, Jaime would just go straight north and only travel through the riverlands.  There is going to be a lot of drama once he visits Winterfell. 

I really really hope they don't fxxk up the Jaime/Stark family reunion scene in Winterfell… (if there's one)…

It will probably be easier for Jaime if he arrives with Edmure at his side.

On 3/12/2018 at 1:26 PM, goldenmaps said:

If the soldiers are more loyal to Jaime than Cersei, they might follow Jaime.  I would think that they would be more loyal to him, but who knows with the show.  I have no idea what the lords of the Riverlands or what Edmure Tully would do.  Would they help the North.  There are Tullys in the North (Sansa, Arya and Bran.  They have Tully blood because of Catelyn). The Vale is helping them.  I wonder what loyalty the Riverlands  lords have with the Tullys.  I can't imagine any of the lords like the Freys or the Lannisters. 

Maybe the Lannister soldiers in the riverlands will go north, but not the ones in the westerlands.  I imagine, Jaime would just go straight north and only travel through the riverlands.  There is going to be a lot of drama once he visits Winterfell.  I think the Riverlands lords might also go north because they have some loyalty to the Tullys and would help Hoster's grandchildren. 

Well it would make perfect sense for the soldiers to follow Jaime, but as mentioned who knows with the show? Assuming he rallies the Lannister forces in the Riverlands, I'm not sure he'd be able to get Edmure to go along with it. Sure, he withdraws the occupation and maybe hands over his wife and son assuming they weren't at the Twins or aren't at Casterly Rock, but is Edmure really going to buy that he needs to call his banners to march north to fight an army of ice zombies? From Jaime? Best thing Jaime can do is explain the situation, however unbelievable it may be, withdraw on good faith and march north. Then have Sansa send word once he gets to Winterfell.

46 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well it would make perfect sense for the soldiers to follow Jaime, but as mentioned who knows with the show? Assuming he rallies the Lannister forces in the Riverlands, I'm not sure he'd be able to get Edmure to go along with it. Sure, he withdraws the occupation and maybe hands over his wife and son assuming they weren't at the Twins or aren't at Casterly Rock, but is Edmure really going to buy that he needs to call his banners to march north to fight an army of ice zombies? From Jaime? Best thing Jaime can do is explain the situation, however unbelievable it may be, withdraw on good faith and march north. Then have Sansa send word once he gets to Winterfell.

I thought that edmure might have some loyalty to catelyn's kids, but he might not believe Jaime.  Or might not want to help the north.  If he is able to help the north and chooses not to I believe he and his kid will die.  If he helps I think he would survive.  I also think that because the vale is helping the north that robin would survive and continue to rule the vale.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as they would like to remain loyal to Jaime, they will most likely stay with Cersei... she has the money and power to make each and every one of them regret abandoning her, be it bringing in sell swords/golden and slaying their families or starving them. Where as they know Jaime doesn't have that vindictive side.

Archived