MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

I'll be stuck suffering through the ashes of the Tigers in full on rebuild mode for the forseeable future. So it was at least somewhat gratifying to see Verlander win a ring, congrats to both Houston and LA and thanks again for putting on a helluva show!!

Vin Scully, I Am Disappoint 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/11/05/vin-scully-i-never-watch-another-nfl-game/833765001/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

/I know he is from a different generation, but this guy saw what Jackie Robinson went through. Don't get it.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Myshkin said:

Onto some offseason news:

Tanaka surprises everyone, doesn’t opt out of Yanks contract

Otani might not be posted due to expiration of old posting system

I was stunned that Tanaka didn't opt out. I expected him not to but that was before his last few starts of the regular season and his three postseason starts.

There might be some more movement on the Otani front now that he's hired an MLB Accredited agent.

The first year that Xray and I went down to Baltimore for Maryland Deathfest, I didn't have a ticket for the festival so I mostly walked around downtown and watched baseball while she was off at the show. 

Saturday night, I turned on ESPN and was pleasantly surprised to see the Phillies were on. Not long after, I texted Xray something along the lines of "ROY HALLADAY JUST PITCHED A PERFECT GAME!" She probably had to explain what a perfect game was to some other folks at the festival. Good times.

Dead at 40? Not good times. RIP, Doc.

Sad news about Halladay. I didnt get to see him pitch a lot of games, but you have to be impressed by any 2 time Cy Young winner. RIP

In other news, with Cooperstown announcing this years candidates, am hoping Jack Morris  finally gets enough votes for a HOF induction.

3 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I loved watching him pitch.  It's probably hitting Jays fans the hardest. 

Yup. He owned the Yankees for years but it really was a privilege to see him pitch. He had no fear and would go right at hitters no matter who was up. One of the best I'll ever see and an absolute tremendous teammate by all accounts. This is all horrible and he will be missed. An article about his stats and how he compares to other hall of famers: https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/11/08/roy-halladay-death-plane-crash-hall-fame

13 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yup. He owned the Yankees for years but it really was a privilege to see him pitch. He had no fear and would go right at hitters no matter who was up. One of the best I'll ever see and an absolute tremendous teammate by all accounts. This is all horrible and he will be missed. An article about his stats and how he compares to other hall of famers: https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/11/08/roy-halladay-death-plane-crash-hall-fame

It was an honor and a privilege for sure. If I'm ever blessed with children he's the kind of player you tell your kids you got to see. I hope they waive the requirement and get him on the hof ballot as soon as possible.

Archived