Bronn Stone

MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

52 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Darvish to the Cubs 150m over six, pending physical.  

126 over 6 with incentives it actually seems...if it brings another ring, it's a solid deal...

Darvish, Lester, Quintana, Hendricks, and Tyler Chatwood is a pretty nice rotation. Quintana even be considered a solid 2. I like Tyler Chatwood too -- he's a solid pitcher with room to improve. His ceiling is probably the lowest of the group, but I like the floor.

2 hours ago, Ghjhero said:

Astros are reportedly going after Realmuto. Marlins asking price is said to be Houston’s top prospect Preston Tucker. 

I hope they make the deal. I'm excited to see what Bruce Sherman and Jeter can do in Miami after they clean up Loria's mess. 

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I hope they make the deal. I'm excited to see what Bruce Sherman and Jeter can do in Miami after they clean up Loria's mess. 

Yeah I think it can be a win win for both sides. I’m all for having as many competitive teams as possible. The sooner the Marlins are good, the better it is for baseball. 

12 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So Esteban Loaiza might as well be dead, he got busted with 20 kilos of cocaine and heroin.

This is just stunning that someone could turn this-

A two-time All-Star, Loaiza finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 when he went 21-9 with a 2.90 ERA and an AL-leading 207 strikeouts for the White Sox. He made just over $43.7 million in his major league career.

Into, likely life behind bars, life in a 8x10 windowless cell. What a waste smfh!

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This is just stunning that someone could turn this-

A two-time All-Star, Loaiza finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 when he went 21-9 with a 2.90 ERA and an AL-leading 207 strikeouts for the White Sox. He made just over $43.7 million in his major league career.

Into, likely life behind bars, life in a 8x10 windowless cell. What a waste smfh!

I had that same conversation with my father last night.  It blows me away. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, Myshkin said:

RIP Wally Moon.

The subject of unibrows came up in a bar conversation last night.  It inspired me to drink a toast to one of the all time greats.

6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

In the most significant move of the offseason so far the Dodgers bring back Chase Utley!

• Astros:  Pickup Gerrit Cole
  • Yankees:  Pickup Giancarlo Stanton
  • Cubs:  Pickup Yu Darvish (and likely lose Jake Arrieta)
  • Dodgers:  Re-sign Chase Utley

:P

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:
  • Astros:  Pickup Gerrit Cole
  • Yankees:  Pickup Giancarlo Stanton
  • Cubs:  Pickup Yu Darvish (and likely lose Jake Arrieta)
  • Dodgers:  Re-sign Chase Utley

:P

I know, what a coup! Utley is boss. He’s even got a rule named after him.

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I know, what a coup! Utley is boss. He’s even got a rule named after him.

:)  Well played.  In terms of rules named after players, so did Allan Houston.

Hosmer signs with Padres for 8 years $144M. That’s a lot for a player who’s been worth -1.2 WAA for his career. 

Also Twins got Odorizzi from the Rays for peanuts it seems. As part of the move the Rays DFA’ed Dickerson, so we’ll see if they’re able to get a trade done for him in the next 10 days. 

Rays DFA-ing Dickerson is really weird. They actually designated him to make room for C.J. Cron, who they picked up from the Angels, and who is no where near as good a ball player as Dickerson. Gotta imagine that there’s something else going on here.