MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

Other than Betances giving up that homer, that was pretty much a perfect opening game for the Yanks.  Just one game, doesn't change anything, but so pumped.  Even more than Stanton's two bombs, loved watching the 5th with Judge walk, Stanton double, Sanchez double.  Sevy was fire.  So much fun.

Only 50% of the Mercenary household is ready for baseball and she's got a Dodgers shirt on at work. 

The World Series kind of broke the other 50%. But we're getting there. 

100% agrees the Giants (and Nationals) can get fucked no matter the time of year. 

16 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Other than Betances giving up that homer, that was pretty much a perfect opening game for the Yanks.  Just one game, doesn't change anything, but so pumped.  Even more than Stanton's two bombs, loved watching the 5th with Judge walk, Stanton double, Sanchez double.  Sevy was fire.  So much fun.

I liked what Gardner did, he only had the one hit but the outs were solid. He's going to get a lot of good pitches to hit with Judge, Stanton and Sanchez hitting behind him.

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:
❤❤❤

How bout that!!!

Yanks already have serious injury woes.  Silver lining is Andujar is now up, but I cringed watching McKinney hit his head on Toronto's plexi-glass.  Maybe it's about time all outfields have padding to avoid head injuries.  I know, crazy thought.  Austin had two homers, that was cool.  Betances looking very hittable was not.

When my brother, myself, and David Cone are in agreement walking Donaldson to pitch to the red-hot Justin Smoak is a horrible idea no matter the single-digit matchup numbers, I think it's fair to say Aaron Boone is over-managing.

11 hours ago, dmc515 said:

When my brother, myself, and David Cone are in agreement walking Donaldson to pitch to the red-hot Justin Smoak is a horrible idea no matter the single-digit matchup numbers, I think it's fair to say Aaron Boone is over-managing.

Over reliance on analytics is going to do that and it's frustrating as hell. That's why guys like him and Gabe Kapler were hired. This isn't the last time he's going to do that either. 

Archived