Stranger Things Season 2: Three Musketeers really are the WORST (Spoilers)

Trebla

3 hours ago, john said:

The Stranger Things kids can act a hell of a lot better than the first few seasons GoT kids though. Apart from Kali, not sure what happened there.

First few seasons? Those kids still can't act.

Lyanna Mormont is great. She usually upstages everyone she shared screen time with. I'm just glad they use her sparingly. They probably learned their lesson from Olly. Man I couldn't stand that character.

But back to Stranger Things. Yeah all of those actors in episode 7 were bad. Millie Bobby Brown couldn't save that wreck.

In these times I just want them all just to remain in good health, i.e. not abused in any way. Sorry I don't want to bring this thread down, but with all the shit going on I'm pretty worried for these kids I really like them all both as the characters they play and what I've seen of their actual real life personalities in interviews. i want them to have good and happy lives.

Finn, the actor playing Mike all ready has been at the center of a couple of mini-scandals. With the stalker paparazzi slimeball taken umbrage because Finn brushed him off and the 26 year old model who texted him telling him to "hit me up in four years". Just give him and the rest of the kids their space to grow up FFS!

16 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

In these times I just want them all just to remain in good health, i.e. not abused in any way. Sorry I don't want to bring this thread down, but with all the shit going on I'm pretty worried for these kids I really like them all both as the characters they play and what I've seen of their actual real life personalities in interviews. i want them to have good and happy lives.

Finn, the actor playing Mike all ready has been at the center of a couple of mini-scandals. With the stalker paparazzi slimeball taken umbrage because Finn brushed him off and the 26 year old model who texted him telling him to "hit me up in four years". Just give him and the rest of the kids their space to grow up FFS!

Yeah, I agree. Aside from that, there always seems to be a risk of child stars becoming destructive as they get older. I sincerely hope they are all able to avoid that and have long, promising careers.

I don't think Netflix helps much when it comes to giving the kids space. Since most of their marketing is through relentless self-promotion, you literally can't go a week without seeing these kids on some late night show. Aside from overexposure, I can't help but feel like these guys are being overworked, even if they do seem to be enjoying themselves. 

One of my nitpicks with this show in general is that there's so much emphasis placed on middle-school romances. I feel like El and Mike aren't even necessarily friends anymore, they're designated romantic partners. Hopefully next year we'll see them actually interact with each other outside of romantic gestures. 

10 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Couldn't agree more. A year ago their twitter/instagram account was just funny videos of them being kids and having fun together. Now half of it is just magazine covers and photoshoots of them in very lascivious, extremely not-appropriate positions for kids. In the cynical mind of show-business, it's never too soon to start turning actors into sexual products.

That and indeed overexposure to cameras in talk-shows and interview is not healthy for them. You mention the 26 year old model thing, but what about the journalist who casually asked him: "What do you think of the adult person who said she wanted to hit you up in 4 years?" That's equally inappropriate and has psychological effects that should not be overlooked.

I've seen multiple gossip articles about how Millie Bobbie Brown is "all grown up".  Like, no.  She's a pre teen.  Or maybe a teen, but still a child.  It's so gross.  Maybe our current wave of sexual assault/harassment awareness will also embrace the harm it does to children in certain industries and how that trickles down to all children.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:03 PM, Pilusmagnus said:

Couldn't agree more...

That and indeed overexposure to cameras in talk-shows and interview is not healthy for them. You mention the 26 year old model thing, but what about the journalist who casually asked him: "What do you think of the adult person who said she wanted to hit you up in 4 years?" That's equally inappropriate and has psychological effects that should not be overlooked.

13 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

... Maybe our current wave of sexual assault/harassment awareness will also embrace the harm it does to children in certain industries and how that trickles down to all children.

I agree. I think this is why Miley Cyrus struggled so much after being released from her Disney requirements. She was never really given a chance to be a child, and to experiment with her identity and all of the other things that young adolescents do. Unsurprisingly, she seems to have over-reacted when finally given freedom, which is the result of the harm done from such an unhealthy mental load upon her.

With any luck, the Stranger Things cast will be given the chance to be children. Sometimes, it happens, as it seems to have with most of the Harry Potter cast, but it seems more child actors grow up like Macauley Culkin than Emma Watson.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:14 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

I've seen multiple gossip articles about how Millie Bobbie Brown is "all grown up".  Like, no.  She's a pre teen.  Or maybe a teen, but still a child.  It's so gross.  Maybe our current wave of sexual assault/harassment awareness will also embrace the harm it does to children in certain industries and how that trickles down to all children.

A nice sentiment but doubtful. Actors, musicians, pro-athletes, etc. are all paid well to be entertainers. And their private lives serve as entertainment for many people as well. As long as humans are entertained by the lives, good and bad, of other humans (which is forever) then it'll continue to be the same story with different faces. Hopefully the Stranger Things kids have a decent home life to help ground them. But odds are someone is gonna end up pretty damaged from that cast. And Vegas will give odds on which kid it'll be. :(

52 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

A nice sentiment but doubtful. Actors, musicians, pro-athletes, etc. are all paid well to be entertainers. And their private lives serve as entertainment for many people as well. As long as humans are entertained by the lives, good and bad, of other humans (which is forever) then it'll continue to be the same story with different faces. Hopefully the Stranger Things kids have a decent home life to help ground them. But odds are someone is gonna end up pretty damaged from that cast. And Vegas will give odds on which kid it'll be. :(

Sure, but all I'm asking is that magazines and the public not do things like sexualize children.  It seems so tiny.  

23 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Sure, but all I'm asking is that magazines and the public not do things like sexualize children.  It seems so tiny.  

You'd think so, right? But you'd sadly be wrong. And as that link illustrates, it's not just the media and public that sexualizes kids, it's sometimes their own parents who participate in it, too.

Also, unfortunate choice of words with that last sentence you posted. 

Phrasing!

Sorry, I know it's a serious topic but I just couldn't resist.

• 4 months later...

The bloke on the left is from The Princess Bride but who is the other chap?

Whoever he is, he seems to lack lips. Maybe he'll be a demogorgon.

52 minutes ago, Yukle said:

The bloke on the left is from The Princess Bride but who is the other chap?

Whoever he is, he seems to lack lips. Maybe he'll be a demogorgon.

Crazy Gary Busey’s son. Probably best known for being in Starship Troopers. 

The last thing I saw Cary Elwes in was a few episodes of Psych a few years ago. He was (naturally) quite a bit older and heavier than he was in The Princess Bride (or Mel Brook's Robin Hood); but he was really good and seemed to have a lot of fun in a goofy role that was somewhat referential to his '80s work. 

Really looking forward to seeing him in Season 3 here.

Archived