Gun Control III: the Hedge Knight Rises.

Mother Cocanuts

18 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Or the only person arguing on one side put everyone on ignore. :dunno:

He really did have a quick trigger on that front, but that’s what happens when you shoot from the hip in a loaded conversation.

3 hours ago, MercurialCannibal said:

won't someone please validate this person so they can continue their debating?

17 minutes ago, r'hllor's redrum lobster said:

lol, seriously it like everyone's first year online

I neither desire nor require their "validation." As King Ned Stark pointed out, many of them have been blocked. I cannot cure their emotional instability; all I can do is ignore it. Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about Gun Control. If there are any thoughts germane to the subject matter, please make them. If not, don't waste your time.

Why stop at guns? The second amendment says "arms".

Let people buy, sell and keep nuclear missiles. Nobody would dare rob your house if you could raze their entire city in retribution. This would also bring the prices down and make it easier for the government to buy them.

Similarly, kids should be issued with guns in schools. The second amendment also says "the right of the people" and children are - incredibly - people.

When the second amendment was written it wasn't exclusive to guns. It included pikes and swords - weapons that were used during the revolutionary war against England. Guns only formed part of the arsenal. How come Americans aren't focusing on the fact that they are - to the letter of the law - allowed to have nuclear weapons? Come on guys, that's just slack.

Or maybe the Founding Fathers made a mistake...? Like that whole 3/5 of a person thing? And maybe... that mistake is long overdue for a change.

On second thoughts, I've lost enthusiasm. I think that everything that can be said, has been said. I like that, for the most part, people haven't resorted to the childish, "I'M STILL POSTING AND YOU'RE NOT SO THAT MEANS I WIN!"

We've probably discussed this from enough angles there's not much else left to say. Diversity of opinion on the Internet and we've not all blocked each other or mentioned Hitler (Oops... :P ).

Archived