Favorite Reach Bannermen

UFT

and why?

i think stormland bannermen are often overlooked. we also dont really know too much about most of them.

mine

1. house redwyne. strong naval forces and sea based tradition.

2. house tarly. very martial. randyll is one of the biggest badasses of the series. 

3. house hightower. white bull was a massive badass. plus they are very powerful. 

6 hours ago, UFT said:

and why?

i think stormland bannermen are often overlooked. we also dont really know too much about most of them.

mine

1. house redwyne. strong naval forces and sea based tradition.

2. house tarly. very martial. randyll is one of the biggest badasses of the series. 

3. house hightower. white bull was a massive badass. plus they are very powerful. 

I ike Redwyne and Hightower but with Tarly, do we have any evidence that the rest of House Tarly is very martial or is it just Randyll? 

Tarly and Rowan. Mathis Rowan seems pretty cool, as did Thadeus Rowan (what a name). Randyll is awesome even if he is a dick, love Sam, Dickon doesn't seem to bad and there's a few cool Tarly's throughout history too (like Alan during the Dance)

The Hightower's have never given me any reason to be particularly fond of them. They've done pretty much nothing in the current story, historically bent over backwards just to save their own skin and are the primary cause for the Dance of Dragons (on which I am staunchly on the side of the Black's)

The Redwyne's have never made themselves particularly likeable to me but I don't dislike them either.

TBH, the Reach is the region whose bannermen I'm least interested in. I'm largely indifferent to 90% of the house's, and while I find the current Hightower's mysterious I just don't like the family. Tarly, Rowan and Tyrell themselves are basically the only ones who both catch my interest and make me like them. With regards to my interest in them, the Reach just doesn't stack up against literally any other region (except maybe the Crownlands)

Archived