What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

On 06/04/2018 at 1:24 AM, Hereward said:

Sisters of Mercy

That really is a great song!, Sisters of Mercy were great, although I admit I’m a bit of a post punk fan.

I’ve got a lot of time for Siouxie at the moment, just love John McGeochs guitar riffs.

19 hours ago, Mr. X said:

YES!

No lie, I bought a guitar effects pedal in part because one of the demo videos I saw for it featured a guy playing this song.

Oooo what pedal was it?, I’m somewhat of an effects nerd :P.

18 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oooo what pedal was it?, I’m somewhat of an effects nerd :P.

Earthquaker Devices Westwood overdrive. It's great.

And here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f7OX4SG4mM

ETA: The one thing that video doesn't really show is that the Westwood is nicely responsive to how hard you play -- the softer you play the strings, the cleaner the tone.

18 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Earthquaker Devices Westwood overdrive. It's great.

And here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f7OX4SG4mM

ETA: The one thing that video doesn't really show is that the Westwood is nicely responsive to how hard you play -- the softer you play the strings, the cleaner the tone.

That sounds really nice!, I’m currently using a Boss DS2 Turbo with an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail for reverb, what amp are you running through?.

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

That sounds really nice!, I’m currently using a Boss DS2 Turbo with an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail for reverb, what amp are you running through?.

Fender Mustang I set to emulate a Twin Reverb. It's not a particularly great amp, but it sounds good through headphones, which suits me as an apartment dweller. I have the EQD Westwood, a Strymon Flint Reverb + Tremolo, and an EHX Looper 360. It a pretty nice setup.

21 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Fender Mustang I set to emulate a Twin Reverb. It's not a particularly great amp, but it sounds good through headphones, which suits me as an apartment dweller. I have the EQD Westwood, a Strymon Flint Reverb + Tremolo, and an EHX Looper 360. It a pretty nice setup.

Nothing wrong with that, they’re good little amps!.

I’m somewhat of a tube purist, I’ve got a Marshall Silver Jubilee and a VOX AC30,  but luckily I’m in a house and can get away with the noise :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived