What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

Last week on 'record store day' I bought  a compilationn of the Flamin' Groovies in nice violet vinyl.

The Flamin' Groovies - Slow Death is my favorite song so far.

And a life recording of Hot Tuna at the New Orleans Blues House '69 because I love Jack Casady's gnarly bass.

Also I'm going to order Hop Along's new album Bark Your Head Off, Dog

I've already heard 'Tell Me What The Writer Meant' six or seven times on NPR all songs and it didn't wear down from the original excitement of recognizing Frances Quinlan's voice.  Thanks again to  Mr. X, for bringing them to my attention.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:36 AM, Lykos said:

Also I'm going to order Hop Along's new album Bark Your Head Off, Dog

I've already heard 'Tell Me What The Writer Meant' six or seven times on NPR all songs and it didn't wear down from the original excitement of recognizing Frances Quinlan's voice.  Thanks again to  Mr. X, for bringing them to my attention.

I don't know how the highlighting thing works either, but hey! Glad you're enjoying them! That's a killer song. "How Simple" might still be my favorite from the album, but it's good all the way through.

If you don't have their previous album Painted Shut, you should totally pick it up. Perhaps slightly less cohesive soundwise than Bark Your Head Off, Dog, but it stretches a bit more, especially in terms of vocals.

• 2 weeks later...

New Arctic Monkeys album out today after a five year gap. I wasn't sure about it at first but after a few listens it's really grown on me. The whole thing is a concept album about a washed up musician living out his final days as the house act at a hotel on the moon. Very melancholy lounge music and a whole lot of David Bowie vibes. Batphone is my favorite track at the moment. 

I'm listening to a lot of Mars Argo really and the music is really kind of angsty and reminds me of something I'd love as a teenager and yet...I'm really digging it as a woman in my mid 20s as well lol. 

It's all just so catchy and EARNEST...

On 5/10/2018 at 4:51 AM, Triskele said:

Really hoping that Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit is OK.  As of right now his bandmates are reporting him missing which suggests some real concern and his last whereabouts were posting two kind of dark tweets.  Been reported on Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, BBC, Irish Times, Variety, and many other places.  A band that's been around for a while but one I'd only discovered in the lasts few years.  One of my favorite songwriters.  Fingers crossed.

Sadly, I saw on the BBC Scotland news today that his body was found near where he went missing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44079462

Coheed finally dropped the first single from their new album and it's fucking good. 

They're back on their full cheeseball sci-fi concept bullshit and it's everything I've been hoping for.

Archived